Dishwasher on solar hot water (or gas, oil)?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Did67

by Did67 » 16/07/11, 20:41

Christophe wrote:
heating = 9.15 - 0.59 ...

Yes of course ! Where was my head?

That said, it allows you to "see" how the heating is going, a question that we asked ourselves above ... I imagine, continuously at the start of the wash cycle, once the full tank is full and then intermittently then to maintain the temperature ???
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/07/11, 22:33

Ok Philippe!

Did67 wrote:I imagine, continuously at the start of the washing cycle, once the tank is full and then intermittently then to maintain the temperature ???

Not on mine anyway: in Eco mode (163 minutes all the same) it does not heat up during the first 30 minutes ... so cold prewash.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/07/11, 18:28

I deviate on a neighboring subject, but not entirely:

- in 15 days, 3 appliances broken down at home: the vacuum cleaner (Philips - about 7 or 8 years), the refrigerator (Electrolux - 12 years) and the dishwasher (Whirlpool - 12 years)

So :

a) planned obsolescence ??? Surely. We talked about it elsewhere!

b) being curious from birth, boning by myself and diagnosis (with a small "metrix" at 5 €):

1) the vacuum cleaner: the "dead" cord (I think too twisted; in short, current at the outlet; nothing at the exit of the reel); remedy: a cord for € 8,50 [PS: I took a little time, the failure was so improbable; nothing visible, obviously; but thanks to the metrix, I had to face the facts, after having suspected the reel and its contactors, which I bypassed without success!]

2) the fridge: dead thermostat; current at the outlet, nothing at the engine inlet; I shunt, it works; the play is on the internet; around 25 €; boring enough to dismantle / reassemble (especially to go out and house the bulb behind the plate that is cold at the bottom of the fridge - in short, the evaporator!)

3) dishwasher: leak on the drain hose; con like the moon; plastic has become "brittle"! ; around 25 € on the internet

I would have liked to do a hidden camera test and have a repairman come. I am willing to bet that in both cases, I found myself between transport and parts and labor with a quote at 299 € and then they explain to me that given the age, it is better to buy new and that precisely, there is a promo on a device at 499 € (with 5-year warranty offered if I sign right away).

There, I gained much more than the savings during a lifetime of hot DHW supply. This is the connection with the subject!

PS: I have a lot of trouble for people who are less curious, less good tinkerers (it is sure that when I "tore" the evaporator, I was not very proud; you never know when you dismantle the first time where the "clips" are placed, we pest a few ...)
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 25/07/11, 11:52

Today I'm running it again. always cold water and cycle at 60 °.
cold prewash.
In the wash, the heating time is 18 minutes and that's it. The heating alone making 8.56A and having 233V, it is a resistance of 2000W which will therefore have consumed me 0.6kwh.
1st cold rinse
2nd rinse, it heats in anticipation of drying for 17 minutes, or 0.56 kWh.

Drying is only a cooling phase during which the dishes evaporate and the walls of the dishwasher condense.

total water heating consumption 1.16kwh on the 1.35kwh of the cycle.

Christophe, try to disconnect the resistance, even if it means using the longest cycle, it must be worth it.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/07/11, 12:03

Oh bug! You come 8 days too late. I had my LV dismantled 8 days ago [see breakdown above].

The best thing is to hide a switch: optional electric heating !!
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 25/07/11, 12:18

Sorry, I don't use it more often ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/07/11, 12:38

Ah yes not with the switch! But mine is embedded and the hoses are very annoying to pass ... so I don't really want to move it again :(

Otherwise, I confirm that the 30-minute mode works wonderfully on hot water, even ultra-charged ... which was never the case before ...

For plates or cutlery that have dried dirty, I just soak a little before ...

Always the same consumption: around 0.8kWh per cycle.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 25/07/11, 13:06

So you have gained 0.55 kwh and you could drop another 0.6 kwh per cycle. Especially since it seems to me that you are in the sun, it is pure drop in consumption, not a consumption moved from the LV to a DHW tank.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/07/11, 14:39

Yes but not sure that DHW at 40-45 ° C as currently (not really sun for 3 weeks) is enough to properly clean ...

But I will think about it all the same ... must also be sure that shunting the resistance will not disturb or block the washing cycle: for example if it is a thermostat which is the condition for going to the washing stage next?

So we should test this resistance shunt.

Who has a well accessible LV? : Cheesy:
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 25/07/11, 16:40

ah yes indeed, the programmer should remain taped while waiting for the T °.

It looks like a tube panel would be ideal now? In the comparative subject between plans and tubes, we will end up saying that the best is a CESI with a panel of each : Mrgreen:
0 x