Distributor of grain anti wasted and anti harmful.

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
LOGIC12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: anti waste and anti pest grain distributor.

by LOGIC12 » 03/04/17, 18:39

hello, no it must be smaller than 5 cmes, it's more like 1 cme euro. It is necessary to make tests with bottles of recovery.

If that does not go well, tape the hole with the tab and make another one next to it.

The distributor must be suspended so that it is accessible only to the hens. and it seems to me that it is more practical to make a handle which hangs on each side.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: anti waste and anti pest grain distributor.

by izentrop » 05/12/17, 19:17

Hello,
I tried the hanging container, but not convinced, because of the waste anyway.
I improved my system with a door with vertical opening. A magnet keeps the door closed and its positioning is adjusted for 1 kg of weight on the tray. Never observed any abnormal consumption.

A little intimidated by the camera : Mrgreen:
0 x
LOGIC12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Anti waste and anti pest grain distributor.

by LOGIC12 » 29/12/17, 14:32

hello, For the size of the small opening to bring down the grain, it is necessary that the grain can pass, therefore a little less than a cm side, about 6 to 8 mm. If we make a mistake, we tape and make another one next to it.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Anti waste and anti pest grain distributor.

by izentrop » 16/04/18, 18:13

I ended up adopting the logic 12 system, but a little modified.
No need for tongues, several openings with a 2 x 1 cm horizontal cutter in a plastic honey pot, 50 cm from the ground.
2 holes in the lid so that the pot does not rotate, each peck.
You can mix several kinds of seeds and granules.
The seeds do not fall with the wind, it really takes shocks and does not fear the rain.

My chickens immediately adopted it.
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "