Brake hose repair

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Brake hose repair

by Macro » 04/11/20, 11:57

Hi all....

Although I bribe my automotive technical inspector with taxed essential products which tend to make him lose his memory ..... He forgets to write certain things on his report ... So he gives me an oral debrifing for me. indicate any curative or compensatory measures to be taken on my vehicles ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

During the passage of my old 4x4 ... He had noticed on the rear braking network .... A slight deterioration of the rigid brake pipes ... Let's say that the immersions, the crossing of rockeries, the repeated muddings, stumps , tree trunks .... As well as disassembly for changes of differential, of bridge bearings ..... we left significant sequelae on the pipes which may have been abused .....

In addition Minimacro having recently during a skidding operation .... Caught a strap in the transmission shaft which is responsible for tearing off flexible pipes .... I was forced to keep the brake from isolate the rear network ... The tractor only brakes on the two front wheels .... Not very hard to manage ... But let's say that sometimes it ends up anyway .... Very loaded ....

The parts are no longer available from the manufacturer .... The companies which in the past would have done this to me in two and two are now ISO 9000rien so no longer want to do it .... so I find myself in a dead end. ... Annoying ....

So .... Since we are never as well served as by ourselves ....
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: brake hose repair

by Macro » 04/11/20, 11:59

Purchase on aliexpress from ....
15m of 3/16 copper nickel brake pipe with a few fittings ...
Hfb418220e19e4bd0a4447aefb66b7db6q.jpg
Hfb418220e19e4bd0a4447aefb66b7db6q.jpg (150.22 KiB) Viewed 4151 times
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 04/11/20, 12:11

Purchase of a press to make the collars at the end of the pipes ....
press.png
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 04/11/20, 13:44

Good ... Obviously it interests a lot of people .... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

So let's say ... that the consumables and the tools ... arrived directly in my letterbox ... in a few days .... (more precisely 12 while I had taken free delivery 28 days...)

well I got my fingers out of the C.

And forward ....

After some disastrous tests ...

The copper pipe bends very easily on reasonable bending radii .... Let's say that with my 3/16 tube (about 4.8 outside diameter) I can get a clean bend radius of 2.5cm ....

For the shaping of the collar .... The low cost press .... not glop ... no instructions ... And molded finish ... So ... it tends to be barred as a lollipop .... I thought the result was ... very average ....

I'm calling a friend (84 years old in 2 weeks) ....

He bursts out laughing .....
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/11/20, 13:58

I'm interested, but you're in too much of a hurry! Isn't your wife complaining too much? : Mrgreen:

A good hose is a waterproof hose !! We hide if it is ugly! : Cheesy:

Can you show us the hoses you want to replace and the new ones?
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 04/11/20, 14:10

His answer .... Ha anyway ... There are people who are still digging a little caberlot ... Do not worry too much about the mouth of your collars .... You work with a majority alloy of annealed copper ... You make your collar, you tighten correctly ... and basta ...
0 x
Flytox

Re: Brake hose repair

by Flytox » 04/11/20, 14:17

It seems to me that this crimping kit is intended for low pressure pipes. Usually this leaves a nice longitudinal mark on the beaten collar at the level of 2 half shells. For low pressure uses, when it's too ugly (potatoid) we put a lime on the burr and it "catches up" the blow most often.

The copper which splits longitudinally can be combated by annealing the zone between 300 and 650 ° C (before making the collar). After that it becomes relatively "soft" but it does not tear any more.

https://www.bodycote.com/fr/services/tr ... cuit-doux/

In fact, what exactly is wrong?
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 04/11/20, 14:33

In fact ... according to my friend .... Everything is fine .... I could not recover the detail photos that I sent him ... But I promise I will do it again ... .

It is not pure annealed copper ... It is alloyed with nickel .... in fact the press used is similar with a plumbing collet press except that we add a "die" between the cone. of the press and the die ... This gives a beaten collar whose outside angle is approximately 60 ° .... When tightening ... In the female receptacle there is a cone in the bottom of the bore ... when we serve it seems soft ... is that we are forming the inside of the collar ... at the workbench it gives that ...
IMG-20201103-WA0000.jpeg
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 04/11/20, 14:35

on the vehicle it gives that

MmsCamera_2020-11-03-21-43-52.jpg
MmsCamera_2020-11-03-21-43-52.jpg (465.38 KiB) Viewed 4108 times
1 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 04/11/20, 14:44

Flytox wrote:In fact, what exactly is wrong?

In fact ... During my first tests .... The press was biased in relation to the matrix ... the collar was as you say potatoid ... but as my old friend told me ... .You are not going to squeeze yourself on a flat joint ... You are going to squeeze yourself on another interior cone ... the difficulty is to tighten enough to be watertight and hold the pipes so that they do not wander around .. ..and do not tighten too hard so as not to cut your collar ....

I'll make you a crobard ...
0 x