Ulm and light aircraft of the future

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 12/02/09, 23:40

vtajmb wrote:http://www.culverprops.com/youtube2.php
it is the 1000cc version reduced that qu1 does fly this thing improbable, and rather well!

Wow! Apparently, it's free escapement ... In our old Europe it will be interesting to look after its muffler exhaust.
I shudder seeing his takeoffs without making up speed. But apparently with his huge slit shutters and huge threshing machine, he can afford it. Super toy! I do not know.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 12/02/09, 23:44

chatelot16 wrote:I prefer the opposite: low wing in front, rear wing above the rudder: the rear wing can have a useful lift
another note: to make it light you have to use the material at the optimum: a ladder is not really the best base to make wings: any wooden structure will make a better result

Uh, in principle, the formula "Pou du ciel" (which avoids stalling) has no ailerons, it is the roll induced by the large vertical plane which takes its place, which does not prevent landings. by crosswind.
The purpose of the ladder was to save construction time.
Currently the lightweight Pouchel 2 no longer uses ladders and is doing better. I think that the time of construction of a wooden model would be much longer than the hundred or so hours that the Pouchel demands.
Your formula low front wing and high rear wing load bearing (correct me if I did not understand) is closer to the duck formula. The disadvantage is that the front plane usually picks the first, which does not allow parachutal descents.
Mignet's "Pou du ciel" principle has the advantage of being tested.
0 x
swallowtail
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

ulm, economic flight

by swallowtail » 13/02/09, 00:06

good evening Chatelot,

just to tell you that there is a solution to fly economically, it's the PULMA
I fly since 25 years in pulma with great pleasure!
there is a very nice association that deals with these problems: APPULMA see his site)
if you are interested, I am at your disposal.

cordially
swallowtail
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 13/02/09, 02:51

Hello

In ULM price equal some are interesting model for their performance, my companion flight with a Rotax NORDIC 912 cruise speed motor near 200kmh and small track 700 feet do not scare him.
It always depends on the price you want to put on an airplane

ULM NORDIC efficient aircraft easy to drive significantly better than a Cessna 150, Piper J3 or Jodel D112
1 / 2 VW engine built with 3 6061T6 sheets and pop rivets, economical to use

A slower version with the same engine

Autonme last my D11 more efficient more pleasant to drive
No more work to build than a sophisticated microlight and I am almost landed in the same place as the microlight
Last week Lake has clear water with homemade skis

ULM easy to drive and economical to buy to walk in the fields.

Quickie 2 engine VW aircraft has high performance speed 260kmh
fuel efficient and purchase, but difficult to land, it takes a good experience to fly it
0 x
vtajmb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vtajmb » 13/02/09, 06:38

Pouchel with ladders: Daniel Dalby was put off by the hundreds of hours (sometimes 2 to 3000) required to build an airplane or a glider. he believed that the "specifics" of aircraft construction were a barrier to ease of construction, cost, and sometimes endurance. Why invent what exists elsewhere?

Falling one day on a batch of scales on sale in a hardware store, he buys and builds the first Pouchel. With a single-cylinder hirth it weighed barely 90 kg in flight. Not strong enough to be broadcast safely, he will remain alone of his kind. On board, Daniel will do dozens of hours of flight, sometimes in very turbulent conditions, which will astonish more than one.

The following will be made with Tubesca ladders. The empty weight goes, "in series", from 120 to 170 kg, according to the fancy of the amateur. Tubesca panics over success, and forbids flying his ladders.

Daniel Dalby then draws the Pouchel II, without scales, with always in line of sight, the ease of construction. The Pouchel II weighs 150 at 180 kg. Particularly well-designed, and equipped with strain gages, the proto reveals the viability of the concept and its oversizing.

It is then that Daniel is interested in the electric motorization. The possibilities of energy storage are limited with the batteries, even the most recent ones. He then redraws the Pouchel II, simplifies it again (it's his obsession). It is Pouchelec. Assuming that if you have a new cell, you have to try it with a proven engine (and vice versa), it was first fly with a heat engine, before electrifying. It's the Pouchel light.

A lug of the sky is piloted by the front wing in depth. The rear wing generally does not have fins (sometimes small separate shutters facilitate the landing in crosswinds). With the layout of the bearing surfaces and masses, the steering provides a powerful induced effect that allows simplified steering without fins.

The Pouchel flies well, not because it has a good engine, but because it is generously surfaced and light. The BiPouchel II, though quite heavy, has two meters more wingspan on each wing. His lift qualities surprised those who fly him. A BiPouchel light will come out with the same bearing surface, but will be tandem two seater, and will weigh about 70 kg less. Like the Pouchel light, he should fly better than his predecessor.

Daniel Dalby has made his bet:
- simple and quick to build ... and repair
- solid, but light
- economic
- easy and on the steering

There is probably better elsewhere: lighter, more powerful, more indestructible. The combination of the above mentioned qualities is difficult to surpass. The Pouchel is made for:
- the broke
- those who do not want to spend thousands of hours building
- those who fly at the cheapest hour, not the km traveled quickly for cheap (they do not travel by car, so by plane ...)
- those who hate controlled airspace and aerodromes
0 x
JMB
vtajmb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vtajmb » 13/02/09, 11:49

Cuicui wrote:
vtajmb wrote:http://www.culverprops.com/youtube2.php
it is the 1000cc version reduced that qu1 does fly this thing improbable, and rather well!

Wow! Apparently, it's free escapement ... In our old Europe it will be interesting to look after its muffler exhaust.
I shudder seeing his takeoffs without making up speed. But apparently with his huge slit shutters and huge threshing machine, he can afford it. Super toy! I do not know.

Noise, bin vi, there is better to do; on the other hand this flying machine weighs about 110 kg!

Landing after take off, chuis okay. However, low mass, and probably high lift do that may be, it has the margin against appearances ... Personally, I would not dare: a step, and a frank rise better me
0 x
JMB
vtajmb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: ulm, economic flight

by vtajmb » 13/02/09, 11:51

Swallowtail wrote:good evening Chatelot,

just to tell you that there is a solution to fly economically, it's the PULMA
I fly since 25 years in pulma with great pleasure!
there is a very nice association that deals with these problems: APPULMA see his site)
if you are interested, I am at your disposal.

cordially
swallowtail

It seems to me (to be verified) that the Pouchel light is a PULMA.
but, whatever the classification, as long as it is very light and fairly surfaced. The real PULMA school and land on foot ... this is not the case of Pouchel light
0 x
JMB
vtajmb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vtajmb » 13/02/09, 12:02

Here is the link of the account of Christmas Bastiens, builder experienced by Pou du Ciel, and who built the first Pouchel light. He used his paraprout engine, a single-cylinder Hirth.
It weighs 95 kg empty. Not bad is not it ?
0 x
JMB
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 13/02/09, 18:45

vtajmb wrote:Here is the link to the Christmas report Bastiens,

Uh, it's missing the link ...
0 x
vtajmb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vtajmb » 13/02/09, 19:40

I don't understand, I clicked on "insert an image or a file. I thought that would put the link automatically for the forum.
Bin, no, apparently l

Nice moderator, STP, thank you to fly to the rescue of a half old who wanted to share a pdf file with his little friends ...
0 x
JMB