Uber, green transportation taxi why are so bad?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 27/06/15, 11:56

Did67 wrote:
The violence of the demonstrations can be explained by the fear that if an Uber-style system becomes generalized, the "demand" for redundant taxis will drop drastically. From then on, no one is going to settle down ... From then on, the one who put 200 euros on the table and was counting on reselling his place for 000 in 250 or 000 years, risks losing everything !!!

their violence will especially repel customers even more ... already often repelled by poor service

even if uber pop is currently illegal it is urgent to find a legal system to provide good service
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 27/06/15, 12:02

If I understood you correctly, a taximen redeems its waiting place from another. OKAY.

But what about companies that operate on the phone?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 27/06/15, 12:24

elephant wrote:If I understood you correctly, a taximen redeems its waiting place from another. OKAY.

These companies are either companies that have purchased seats or groups of several taxis.
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe68
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Christophe68 » 27/06/15, 13:56

phil53 wrote:A real ecological system that I would like to develop is a system that warns the individual that a car that goes to the same place as him passes nearby and that the car sees that there is a person to take care of.
Cost sharing and security would be automated by the system.
It's possible to develop this.
I've been thinking about it for a long time but I found no one with the skills to do it wanting to embark on the adventure.

Hello,

I thought about it a long time ago for taxis as a computer scientist (before Uber).
The difficulty was not so much the technical aspect, as the commercial development of the application. It was necessary to convince the Taxis and it was not won, the state of mind did not lend itself to it, they see themselves too much as competitors of themselves. I quickly abandoned the idea, too heavy to launch and manage for me.

In theory this is what Uber pop does. It is supposed to be carpooling, even if in practice carpooling for short journeys would not be practical and not profitable on the cost sharing mode blablacar way. So it is the driver who puts himself at the service of the customer by making the detour and makes pay the price, the motivation is well to generate an income for a job.

It should be noted that there are two Uber services:
Uber X and Uber pop.
Uber X requires its drivers to declare themselves and imposes on them a luxury car less than 4 years old.
Uber pop offers individuals to "cover their car costs" (officially they do not make a profit). They are capped at € 7500 / year turnover and must have a car less than 10 years old.

There are also cities like Paris that impose taxis on luxury cars in a list of authorized cars.

The big problem for taxis comes from the license.
And the 17000 licenses in circulation have been sold by the state, to taste counters over the years, even if they can be resold (for a transfer fee).

However since the arrival of Uber the price of licenses has dropped by 30%.
Taxis generally buy them on credit over 10 years, with the idea of ​​being able to resell it at retirement.
And if they see the wind turning and want to get rid of it before the collapse, they are stuck, they must wait at least 5 years before they can resell them.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/06/15, 16:07

chatelot16 wrote:
Did67 wrote:
The violence of the demonstrations can be explained by the fear that if an Uber-style system becomes generalized, the "demand" for redundant taxis will drop drastically. From then on, no one is going to settle down ... From then on, the one who put 200 euros on the table and was counting on reselling his place for 000 in 250 or 000 years, risks losing everything !!!

their violence will especially repel customers even more ... already often repelled by poor service

even if uber pop is currently illegal it is urgent to find a legal system to provide good service

Yes. I did write "explain ..." and not "justify ...".

I wanted to write that I understand that someone who is likely to lose 200 euros is a little angry ... This is what we also saw when factories close ... And in Brittany, gantry cranes are was much less ...

By "violence ...", I meant "liveliness of the demonstrations", not physical violence against Uber drivers, or passengers ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/06/15, 16:27

Christophe68 wrote:
The big problem for taxis comes from the license.
And the 17000 licenses in circulation have been sold by the state, to taste counters over the years, even if they can be resold (for a transfer fee).

However since the arrival of Uber the price of licenses has dropped by 30%.
Taxis generally buy them on credit over 10 years, with the idea of ​​being able to resell it at retirement.
And if they see the wind turning and want to get rid of it before the collapse, they are stuck, they must wait at least 5 years before they can resell them.

I have read elsewhere that they are issued free of charge ???

But it doesn't matter: their value is today governed by the law of supply and demand. And so it is this license, acquired for nothing or for much cheaper [this remains to be determined; perhaps a change in 1995?], whose values ​​"hover" at astronomical sums in the cities because of a numerus clausus and the "expected profitability" of the activity (therefore of a sufficient regulated price to cover the costs and amortization of the license, therefore higher than what is possible to obtain without).

And this value is falling apart, as soon as the activity can be practiced without. Whether legally (Uber pop "auto-entrepreneurs", who declare their income, who insure ...). Or be it illegally (additional undeclared income, no special status, hidden income, etc.).

It is therefore a deregulation in progress. By "circumvention" of a regulation.

We can be for, in the name of entrepreneurial freedom, in the name of competition which (walls) is accompanied by a drop in prices, etc ... After all, in aviation, low costs, it has been the same phenomenon. Except that buying a plane, having "slots" to land in an airport, etc ... it is a little less simple than doing cabotage with your car! Air France (or Lufthansa) are constantly "rationalizing", reducing costs, reducing staff ... And at Ryanair, the pilots are ... self-employed!

Then, at Uber, we find great classics of these "cash machines", of the "skimming" type (if I am correctly informed, 20% of the race goes to Uber - you can imagine the cash machine!), "Consolidation" of these revenues in countries with favorable taxation (a priori, the Netherlands) ... Unfortunately, globalization, and tax competition between countries, leads to this. Which is a priori beneficial. The winner is Uber. Which is already worth billions of dollars ... You think: earn a lot of money, without doing much!

But this raises the question of the financing of the "common charges" that our "old industrial civilizations" decided, in the past, to pool: health, holidays, retirement, education, security, fight against fires ...

I still think that many hate taxes, but find insufficient all these "free services" (which must however be paid). I still think that to be civilized is to deviate from the individual solution of all needs. I am, in this sense, very little American. So pretty little Uber.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/06/15, 19:06

Elephant, you write:

The winner in economics is not the one who "fills the pipes, but the one who controls the tap": in Paris there is a de facto monopoly which favors the race on call to the central, it is a very profitable formula since it abounds in both by taxis and by customers ...

The profitability of taxis is low as long as the entry ticket is not amortized, then it is a question of the number of races and extendable timetables ...
In the provinces (and probably in Paris?) Some smart kids seem endowed with virtual ubiquity and improve the ordinary by scamming the "security" ...

Contrary to what you write, Chatelot, a model of precarious and undeclared employees, paying no charges is gaining only in the short term, since they do not benefit in return from any guarantee of any kind: when they are ejected from the system, they are simply replaced by others, attracted by the lark's mirror.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe68
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Christophe68 » 27/06/15, 19:50

Did67 wrote:I have read elsewhere that they are issued free of charge ???

I doubt that drivers would be willing to pay € 250.000 if that were the case.
Perhaps they are free in some small depopulated villages.
I've always heard that licenses have historically been used to pay the cops' slush funds (paying an envelope?). Legends? :D

PS 17000 is the number of Parisian taxis.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 28/06/15, 09:04

They are delivered free of charge to the town hall.
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 28/06/15, 11:27

Hello,

Ahmed wrote:Elephant, you write:

The winner in economics is not the one who "fills the pipes, but the one who controls the tap": in Paris there is a de facto monopoly which favors the race on call to the central, it is a very profitable formula since abounded both by taxis and by customers ...

I use Parisian taxis (well, when possible !!!).

And for fifteen-twenty years I have noticed a very (very, very, very ...) strong degradation of the system. So when I hear media commentators say that they recognize the efforts and improvements made in recent years ...

The hours when public transport no longer works, taxis are taken by storm (it is a rush hour for taxis as there are in other activities), normal, except that this sometimes causes unacceptable behavior customers and also from drivers (I go where I want, with whom I want, as I want, by where I want ...) ...

As for telephone platforms (H8 in particular) ... they have become prohibitive subscription machines. If you don't have the "plus super plus advantage" status, you have it in the derche! You can't call for a taco (for now or for tomorrow). Well, you go outside and try to nab one in the street ... no way either, are there either red (well that's normal) or "green" and do not stop there !!!! ! But what's wrong with me?!?!
Ah yes that's normal, even the so-called "green" are in fact already reserved and on their way to get the customer "plus super plus advantage".

from time to time, you still come across an independent, and there I can tell you that it is better to keep preciously your 06 in your pocket.

And in the appendix, the CB card readers seem quite fragile in Paris tacos (visibly beefier than in other businesses) ... Should manufacturers seriously plan on this to offer a reliable and solid solution to drivers and qu 'they are no longer in embarrassment with each failure of their device.

Not everything is to be put on the drivers' backs, surely not, the big employers have supported well where it hurts! But this profession will have to settle two or three things in order to offer a correct service. I am one of those (I think quite a few), who think that the Paris taxis have screwed in on their own like grown-ups (leading at the same time to some resistant junk in their fall).

After that, it was easy for uberpop (which AMHA is unacceptable) to open the breach by finding an audience conquered in advance, since the tacos no longer fulfill their role.
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."