Some videos from “Cars & Engineering”

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Remundo

Re: Some videos from "Cars & Engineering"

View Remundo » 14/05/24, 08:06

The depollution systems nevertheless pose problems.

As in their principle, they more or less strangle the evacuation of gases, EGR, FAP and AdBlue_SCR valves become clogged quite frequently.

Even when they operate normally, we lose several horsepower.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Macro » 14/05/24, 08:59

What bothers me the most is the increase in fuel consumption that the addition of these systems has caused. Tourans with simple FAP consumed on average 0.7l/100 less than those with AdBlue for the same use, same power, same drivers.
1 x
Take revenge with your success. punished with your absence. Kill with your silence. Win with your joy of living
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Obamot » 14/05/24, 09:31

The choice of brand is not mentioned, but organizations such as ADAC (Germany), Touring (Switzerland) and others… test vehicles and establish breakdown statistics, it is good to rely on them. Except for VW and Ford (2 good European ones, not too expensive to buy) I have only bought Japanese ones for decades, and I have almost no more mechanical problems (1 clutch and 2 alternators). 30 years and for the latter buying second-hand equipment from known equipment manufacturers and changed them myself…). And every two years, removal of incipient rust from the chassis/underbody, because apart from that these Asian cars “often sleep outside? Without too much hassle. My old Nissan Vanette is 30 years old, corrosion under control... Z24i engine 2 spark plugs per cylinder, it is flexible and purrs like a V6... And as I drive on E85, even on vehicles not designed for (iridium spark plugs + 1 cloth fine microfiber on the surface of the air filter, the on-board computer automatically takes care of the fuel supply, spicytou) just kidding...
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View GuyGadeboisTheBack » 14/05/24, 12:59

Macro wrote:What bothers me the most is the increase in fuel consumption that the addition of these systems has caused. Tourans with simple FAP consumed on average 0.7l/100 less than those with AdBlue for the same use, same power, same drivers.

Not to mention the AdBlue consumption which is added to the bill.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Macro » 14/05/24, 13:39

around 1l per thousand km at 0.85 per liter is not bankruptcy
1 x
Take revenge with your success. punished with your absence. Kill with your silence. Win with your joy of living
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View GuyGadeboisTheBack » 14/05/24, 15:39

Macro wrote:around 1l per thousand km at 0.85 per liter is not bankruptcy

Certainly, but PPP <<< Plastic Pollution in More with the cans.
I read that it is imperative to use the original cans because the slightest particle of dust (or a single drop of diesel in it) could denature this liquid. Add to that that it must be kept away from light and at temperatures between -11° and +25/30°C otherwise it will deteriorate.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Macro » 14/05/24, 15:56

Adblue can be found at the pump at gas stations, even supermarkets have started using it.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View GuyGadeboisTheBack » 14/05/24, 16:14

Macro wrote:Adblue can be found at the pump at gas stations, even supermarkets have started using it.

So find out what's in their tanks... is purity guaranteed? All this seems very fanciful to me, reeks of green-washing and marketing.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Macro » 14/05/24, 17:36

Well, definitely don't fill up at a gas station...

The distribution network has been operating for heavy goods vehicles for more than 10 years... it was just necessary to install smaller guns for cars..
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View GuyGadeboisTheBack » 14/05/24, 18:46

Macro wrote:Well, definitely don't fill up at a gas station...

The distribution network has been operating for heavy goods vehicles for more than 10 years... it was just necessary to install smaller guns for cars..

Given the communication on AbBlue which requires impeccable purity... I have some concerns about supermarket tanks. With natural gas, I don't have this problem, and my oil is (just before draining) as if it came out of the can, not even a little browned.
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."