Ban on new thermal cars in 2035: Germany changes its mind!

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Ban on new thermal cars in 2035: Germany changes its mind!

by Obamot » 11/03/23, 21:56

We are waiting SimpletGPT for the puck, to enlighten us : Cheesy:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/03/23, 22:01

Normative obsolescence would indeed be closely linked to the ability of manufacturers to supply electric vehicles en masse (?)...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 11/03/23, 22:04

SimpletGPT wrote:I don't think so, at least I've never read anything on the subject.
Ah, me who thought he was going to enlighten us : Cheesy:

- "Comments that smell like clean laundry" : Mrgreen:

Whatever we do to achieve all-electric HCV by 2035, we won't get there because of various factors it seems (I'm not making predictions)
1 x
NCSH
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by NCSH » 11/03/23, 23:16

sicetaitsimple wrote:You are certainly right! :D
But the question asked on this thread is that in 2035 (it's not far) it will be better in Europe to produce and supply locally produced electricity to electric vehicles than thermal vehicles supposedly powered by "e -fuels" supposed to come from very sunny or windy countries produced from gigantic factories?
Knowing that in 2035 we should (I think?) still need "a few" individual or utility vehicles.
Edit: I was trying to reply to your previous post, not the last one.

I will answer here with an answer from Normand: you have to do both:

an electric part, especially for daily mobility, small urban delivery trucks, utility vehicles for the most part...

and for another part, essentially concerning long-distance mobility, often provided by a family-type vehicle, by thermal engines which avoid multiple stops to recharge, extending the duration of long journeys.

The mistake would be to want to reproduce exactly what was put in place in the XNUMXth century, to want to supply all these types of light vehicle mobility solely with non-fossil synthetic fuels.

In fact, the quantities of fuel to be supplied are to be divided by 2, or even more.
2 x
To discover the parallel universe of non-fossil carbon energy carriers, take the time to browse (15 min) the website NCSH : http://www.ncsh.eu/language/fr/energie-et-matiere/
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 12/03/23, 02:19

NCSH wrote:
an electric part, especially for daily mobility, small urban delivery trucks, utility vehicles for the most part...

and for another part, essentially concerning long-distance mobility, often provided by a family-type vehicle, by thermal engines which avoid multiple stops to recharge, extending the duration of long journeys.

You don't drive an EV, you can't imagine how easy it is to do 500-1000 km in an EV.

You raise the size of car batteries by your words, so that manufacturers can convince you! While it is already largely feasible with a good VE.

The evolution will be more car profiles that can consume less than 10 kWh per hundred km, ie less energy than a liter of super, for example.

I wonder why many talk about taking a long EV ride, when most rarely exceed 300 km ...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 12/03/23, 07:38

Obamot wrote:
Whatever we do to achieve all-electric HCV by 2035, we won't get there because of various factors it seems (I'm not making predictions)

I asked my postman he knows nothing... : Cheesy:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
NCSH
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by NCSH » 12/03/23, 08:57

phil59 wrote:
NCSH wrote:

You don't drive an EV, you can't imagine how easy it is to do 500-1000 km in an EV.

You raise by your words the size of car batteries, so that the manufacturers can convince you!While it is already largely feasible with a good VE.

The evolution will be more car profiles that can consume less than 10 kWh per hundred km, ie less energy than a liter of super, for example.

I wonder why many talk about taking a long EV ride, when most rarely exceed 300 km ...

With a mid-range family car model, it is almost impossible for you to make stages of 200 km, certainly while driving at 130 km/h, with an average on the route which has difficulty exceeding 80 km/h from made countless steps to recharge.

With an entry-level car model, accessible by leasing to the penniless middle classes whose hand is forced to buy electric (such as the new Renault 5, 4, the Spring, etc.), the size of the battery can barely cover 200 km at 110 km/h, which makes long journeys an expedition: remember the example of a 600 km journey, Paris-Bordeaux traveled in 12 H, i.e. an average 50 km/h.

Only the heavy and expensive ultra-profiled Tesla-type sedans cannot, thanks to 90-100 kWh batteries weighing 600 kg, claim to make stages of 300, even 400 km, and even then, in rolling "on eggs" at 110, which is an aberration when we have such a potential for acceleration...

In short, a sanitized world, which will increasingly discourage people from making long journeys...

Which represent 20 to 25% of the km traveled on average by car fleets, counting from more than 100 km.
Last edited by NCSH the 12 / 03 / 23, 09: 09, 1 edited once.
1 x
To discover the parallel universe of non-fossil carbon energy carriers, take the time to browse (15 min) the website NCSH : http://www.ncsh.eu/language/fr/energie-et-matiere/
Remundo

by Remundo » 12/03/23, 09:07

I personally am with one foot in each world.

small commuter or rurban journeys using electricity.

Long trip to E85.

I can't even imagine hitching the trailer on an EV to do 400 km.

For example my car carrier, even empty, increases the consumption from 6 to 10L/100km

A 1300 kg trailer, also empty, 8L/100km

at 10L/100 km, you are at 30 kWh/100 km, and at 8L/100 km, 24 kWh/100 km (which is very comparable to a sedan at 130 km/h on the highway).

The question also arises... if all drivers drive an EV, what about waiting times at the charging station during crossover periods? 1 day?
1 x
NCSH
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by NCSH » 12/03/23, 09:27

Remundo wrote:I personally am with one foot in each world.

small commuter or rurban journeys using electricity.

Long trip to E85.

I can't even imagine hitching the trailer on an EV to do 400 km.

For example my car carrier, even empty, increases the consumption from 6 to 10L/100km

A 1300 kg trailer, also empty, 8L/100km

at 10L/100 km, you are at 30 kWh/100 km, and at 8L/100 km, 24 kWh/100 km (which is very comparable to a sedan at 130 km/h on the highway).

There is also the question... if all drivers drive an EV, what about waiting times at the charging station during the crossover period? 1 day?

This is where we reach the height of the madness of the century: nothing has been planned for holiday departures with one or several million vehicles per day, with in addition a part of Nordics and Germans who go down to southern European countries.

Basically, for a country like France, it would take about several hundred motorway rest areas equipped with hundreds of 150 kW fast electric chargers if not 350, hello peaks of tens of GW to manage on the electricity network...
Excess equipment, to be made profitable over one or a few dozen days per year, therefore with prohibitive prices...

We swim in delirium, it's a headlong rush organized by the incapable.

The system using liquid fuels and internal combustion engines, on the other hand, has nothing to prove: it has worked for more than 60 years without significant problems.
Last edited by NCSH the 12 / 03 / 23, 09: 47, 1 edited once.
2 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 12/03/23, 09:47

NCSH wrote:
The system using liquid fuels and internal combustion engines, on the other hand, has nothing to prove: it has worked for more than 60 years without significant problems.

Except every oil slick (to name just one of many oil problems)
0 x