Reviews of the best peated whiskeys: Bruichladdich, Ardbeg, Bunnahabhain ...

Buying well and choosing a product or service well means, in addition to being satisfied, consuming less and preserving the planet, it is essential in 2021 to buy better! Also the exchange of information and experiences makes it possible to avoid various scams and crooks. In 2021, it is essential to exchange your experiences of use, positive or negative, because the market for products and services for the consumer has never been so abundant in the history of mankind. Helping to choose better is essential because buying better means buying sustainable!
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Reviews of the best peated whiskeys

by Exnihiloest » 24/06/21, 19:58

The Ardberg is considered to be one of the most peaty. But that's not it at all. It is much smokier than peaty. I came back from there. The Talisker is better balanced, and even Bretons like the Kernog hold the road well in peatlands. The Lagavulin (min 12 years old), better known and in my opinion more peaty than the Talisker, is not bad either.
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 24/06/21, 20:06

Janic wrote:I am not theorizing, I wonder how we can like, a priori, something that we have never tasted. Like spinach that children don't like without tasting it, for example. But if people like alcohol it is their choice and I respect it (but I have seen the effects around me) as others like to be vaccinated to take a topical comparison and it is also their choice? And yet you are no more favorable to it than I am and for the same reasons: their danger and uselessness.

But end of the interlude, we are not going to argue over tastes : Cheesy: and colors!

It is practice makes perfect. This is true for everything. You have to get started to appreciate it. Anyone who limits himself to comics without ever trying literature will miss out on a lot of things. This is also true for drinks and for food. It is through practice that we gradually discover the subtleties of taste. You have to try everything and insist. This is especially true for whiskeys. We do not have to, obviously, even if we should not treat alcoholics or alcohol apprentices who drink alcohol because we ourselves would be hermetic to this kind of drink.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/06/21, 20:08

Exnihiloest wrote:The Ardberg is considered to be one of the most peaty. But that's not it at all. It is much smokier than peaty. I came back from there. The Talisker is better balanced, and even Bretons like the Kernog hold the road well in peatlands. The Lagavulin (min 12 years old), better known and in my opinion more peaty than the Talisker, is not bad either.

Ah ah ah Exni and Guy found something in common! : Cheesy:
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 24/06/21, 21:02

Christophe wrote:...
Ah ah ah Exni and Guy found something in common! : Cheesy:

Okay. Music too could have been a common point. And you saw how your pitbull messed up This thread ?! He leaves turds everywhere.
I wouldn't want to have this guy as a neighbor.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 25/06/21, 06:13

Christophe wrote:No idea of ​​the age of the one I drank probably ten years ago ...but if I hadn't drunk it he would probably have 10 more !!!

So what does Johnny say about this one ?? : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

From memory it is the aging time in cask that counts ... Not the one after bottling ... That said ... I do not know the peated whiskeys ... I just know the jack daniel used as tolerance increases for controller technique, and facilitator of falls of various and varied objects from a truck end ... For the rest I prefer pure coca (in moderation) : Mrgreen: ....
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 25/06/21, 13:47

+1 Macro. Distilled alcohols no longer evolve in the bottle.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/21, 13:57

I knew it rooooh !!

It was to put a touch of humor!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 25/06/21, 16:32

My father put a pierced stopper on his gnola bottles during the first months after distillation so that the methyl part was left out ... it had to do it because the level of the bottles dropped a little (it was minimal)
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 25/06/21, 22:09

Macro wrote:
Christophe wrote:No idea of ​​the age of the one I drank probably ten years ago ...but if I hadn't drunk it he would probably have 10 more !!!

So what does Johnny say about this one ?? : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

From memory, it is the aging time in barrels that counts ... Not the one after bottling ...

Yes, it's not like wine. There is no point in keeping the bottles.

Having said that ... I don't know peated whiskeys ... I just know jack daniel
... For the rest, I prefer pure coca (in moderation) : Mrgreen: ....

Nobody's perfect :)
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 02/07/21, 21:08

Don't go for the "very peaty" whiskeys like Big Peat or Peat Monster, they are caricatures and other than some peat strength, admittedly, they are hopelessly flat compared to the ones I quoted.
ImageImage
0 x