Reviews of the best peated whiskeys: Bruichladdich, Ardbeg, Bunnahabhain ...

Buying well and choosing a product or service well means, in addition to being satisfied, consuming less and preserving the planet, it is essential in 2021 to buy better! Also the exchange of information and experiences makes it possible to avoid various scams and crooks. In 2021, it is essential to exchange your experiences of use, positive or negative, because the market for products and services for the consumer has never been so abundant in the history of mankind. Helping to choose better is essential because buying better means buying sustainable!
Christophe

Re: Reviews of the best peated whiskeys

by Christophe » 24/06/21, 13:29

To die with peaty whiskeys of this quality ... you have to be rich !!

In short, I think the Kro kills more than the peat! : Cheesy:
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 24/06/21, 13:33

Christophe wrote:To die with peaty whiskeys of this quality ... you have to be rich !!

Bof ... all the less that a thimble of this kind of beverage is enough to appreciate the aromas for very very long minutes.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/06/21, 13:36

That's good keskeje say! : Cheesy:
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 24/06/21, 14:04

Bof ... all the less that a thimble of this kind of beverage is enough to appreciate the aromas for very very long minutes.
that's what all drug users say ... at first! Because the question is not that of the quantity, (all do not abuse) But the production of this kind of product like others produces other drugs that society condemns them.
I am simply amazed that parents, often themselves consumers, lecture their children when they then become addicted. The example comes from these first, not from the rest of society.
I don't condemn, I did the same! I drank to be like the others, I smoked to be like the others, I ate junk to be like the others, I was vaccinated like the others and I was sick (or victim) like the others obviously! There is a time when you have to break this chain cultural of the destruction of oneself and of one's successors so much that creates misery or to take up a biblical thought- (yes) " that the king does not consume alcoholic drink in order to be able to distinguish between good and evil, leave that to the unfortunate so that they forget their misery ". Our current notion of drowning our problems in alcohol!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 24/06/21, 14:24

I didn't do all this "to be like the others", but because I like it. What I don't like, I don't.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 24/06/21, 14:41

GuyGadeboisLeRetour »24/06/21, 14:24
I didn't do all this "to be like the others", but because I like it. What I don't like, I don't.
Or rather, you started to like it like everyone else, after consuming it, not the other way around. I heard the same talk with the smokers I was helping to quit: "I smoke for pleasure, a good cigar, a good cigarette after the meal, etc ..."but who recognized, after quitting that this was not reality, but an excuse to continue, and happy to have finally quit this drug.
I have already told the anecdote of a participation in an association meeting on health where everyone went with their calico and, strangely, 2 calicots were identical except the laius or in one it was to stop the tobacco and the other alcohol. So I pointed out this oddity at the anti-alcohol booth and asked them where the difference was since all were displaying the number of victims - (even though they were actually smoking) and their answer, confused, was: "we can not deprive everything, you have to have fun! "Clearly, they felt despite everything that stopping the drink was and remained deprivation, not a release, and they were trying to make up for it with another substitute drug. This is human nature, it is full of contradiction!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 24/06/21, 15:21

Janic wrote: Or rather, you started to like it like everyone else, after consuming it, not the other way around.

Well no, precisely. I already said it above. But you prefer to pin your theories on everyone when sorry, it doesn't always work as you say.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 24/06/21, 15:23

there is no point in adding years to life .... Better to add life to years ....
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 24/06/21, 15:33

by GuyGadeboisLeRetour »24/06/21, 15:21
Janic wrote:
Or rather, you started to like it like everyone else, after consuming it, not the other way around.
Well no, precisely. I already said it above. But you prefer to pin your theories on everyone when sorry, it doesn't always work as you say.
I am not theorizing, I wonder how we can like, a priori, something that we have never tasted. Like spinach that children don't like without tasting it, for example. But if people like alcohol it is their choice and I respect it (but I have seen the effects around me) as others like to be vaccinated to take a topical comparison and it is also their choice? And yet you are no more favorable to it than I am and for the same reasons: their danger and uselessness.

But end of the interlude, we are not going to argue over tastes : Cheesy: and colors!
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 24/06/21, 15:41

Janic wrote:I wonder how we can like, a priori, something that we have never tasted.

I tasted Whiskey in my youth, I never liked it, I didn't drink it. Ditto for most strong alcohols, I tasted, I didn't like, I didn't drink, the same for wines, etc, etc ... canned peas, my friends loved, I hated. Then I tasted peas from the garden, I loved it, it had nothing to do with it. The same goes for the rest.
0 x