AliExpress: increase well beyond 20% VAT

Buying well and choosing a product or service well means, in addition to being satisfied, consuming less and preserving the planet, it is essential in 2021 to buy better! Also the exchange of information and experiences makes it possible to avoid various scams and crooks. In 2021, it is essential to exchange your experiences of use, positive or negative, because the market for products and services for the consumer has never been so abundant in the history of mankind. Helping to choose better is essential because buying better means buying sustainable!
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

AliExpress: increase well beyond 20% VAT

by phil59 » 03/09/21, 20:23

I don't know if you order from Ali, but I do.

We can say everything, it comes from China, but like what we buy elsewhere, it does not change much, except that we cut a bunch of intermediaries, which do not necessarily sugar more than that, but as they can be numerous, it raises the "mayo".

There is also the increase in raw materials, transport costs, but here, things that I took in July at around € 30, go to € 60-70 ...

As a general rule, it is 50% mini more ....

Have you seen these same impacts?

Transport, ok, China, yes, but anyway, it comes from there.

But you take your car to pick it up, and there, we deliver it to you at home, and it's part of a trip for different things, so in total, probably much less than what you will do on your own .. ..
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Ali, increase well beyond 20% VAT

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 03/09/21, 21:08

I went through everything I bought, simulating new purchases. Sometimes it's a little more expensive, sometimes a little less. I don't see anything significant as you assert. Without contempt, of course. : Mrgreen:
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 03/09/21, 21:19

Maybe I only buy things that have increased ...

I don't know, but my colleagues also have the same impression ...

And for once, at work, we took on amazon, much cheaper than on ALi, 75 €, instead of the mini at 105 € ...

This is the first time ....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 03/09/21, 21:24

Bof, on Amaz, it's the same as on Ali, sometimes it's more expensive, often less. No rule. Afterwards, there is always the option of going elsewhere, and it is the same observation. Personally, I only buy certain "trifles" on Ali (leds and other consumables), because after-sales service .... smokes, it's Chinese!
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 04/09/21, 23:07

I have seen some protest that the GAFA do not pay taxes. One thing led to another, everything that the states missed in their puncture is now in their sights.
And who pays the taxes that GAFA now pay?
Their clients!

Do you count the turkeys.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: AliExpress: increase well beyond 20% VAT

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 04/09/21, 23:30

(What is he foooort with his little arms, anyway ....)
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 05/09/21, 13:59

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:(What is he foooort with his little arms, anyway ....)

What an effort! at least there, with what "Guitounet" says, it brings a lot ....

All this to "bring down" the others, and not to bring anything constructive ....

How lamentable ...
0 x

GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 05/09/21, 15:13

Did you count yourself, turkey? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/21, 16:17

phil59 wrote:There is also the increase in raw materials, transport costs, but here, things that I took in July at around € 30, go to € 60-70 ...

The law on VAT on imports outside the EU was applied on 1/07 ... so I don't quite understand your remark ... You're sure these were orders placed in July (or delivered in July this which is not the same?)?
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 05/09/21, 17:56

Taxation feeds the state budget, so why complain about paying "more" when we should complain about having paid so little for years, mark of a failure of the public authorities to apply the rules? of taxation, to the detriment of the general interest.
I'm talking about those who regularly vilify multinationals, and who would also complain about paying more at Ali, I'm not saying that's your case, phil59, I don't know.

But for those who defend a libertarian tendency society where the individual must assume his personal responsibilities and where the state would play its minimal role (justice, health, police, education, public space planning), if the GAFA pay little or no taxes, whatever, it may even be beneficial for everyone. There will be enough left for the state, which is wasting citizens' money anyway. The more he has, the more he wants, especially local authorities, the more he squanders without any effect on wealth creation. The less it would have, and the more the state would have to refocus on its "core business", that's why I said above "perhaps even beneficial for all", the non-taxation of GAFA.
Last edited by Exnihiloest the 05 / 09 / 21, 18: 01, 1 edited once.
0 x

Go back to "Reviews and tests of products and services." Good deals, scams and scams. What to choose, reviews and purchase tests to choose better! "