You and your EGR valve ...

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.

For you, the EGR valve is:

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 01/02/07, 00:40

jean63 wrote:Remember that in Germany there is no speed limit on motorways

Exactly, that’s their ALONE argument to be able to sell cars which run at 250Km / h.
From this point of view there, it would be logical to give a consumption in a transparent way: indeed, if they sell such cars because on German highways it is authorized, whereas they give the consumption that they will make on these same roads.
And frankly Bucheron, do you find normal that the "normal" consumption does not represent the normal conditions of use of the vehicle :?: I understand and share your point of view, but I find the current situation leaves a certain paradox in relief. (When I say relief, I rather think of a mountain.)
jean63 wrote:They will answer that their highways are as safe as the French if not more

This is indeed what they answer. That said, it is by chance these highways that do not give never of figures on the number of dead and wounded. They are the only ones in Europe.
According to a report that I had seen, each country is supposed to be totally transparent vis-à-vis the European community and must therefore give all its road safety figures. Only Germany is lacking by not giving figures about these famous highways. It seems there is some pressure from ??? (in your opinion) so that these figures are not disclosed, otherwise ??? There would no longer be any reason to manufacture non-restrained cars in Europe at 130Km / h, but all cars run at speed> 130Km ...
Last edited by abyssin3 the 01 / 02 / 07, 00: 49, 1 edited once.
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 01/02/07, 00:46

small note, only the left band is unlimited, on 3/4 of the Autobahns,
not entitled to headlight calls to clear the lane,
not allowed to keep its turn signal on the left for the same reason,
c the car arriving the fastest on the left which must slow down, at a good distance to allow the motorist who is facing to overtake.

that I love Germany in a car, they are beautiful and very fast;

Munchen> Austria less than an hour by Bora TDI.

good stay cool, it's not worth my 140 nags in my Gsx-R.
Wabrooo
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 01/02/07, 00:49

abyssin3 wrote:[...] And frankly Bucheron, do you find normal that the normal consumption does not represent the normal conditions of use of the vehicle :?: [...]
: Shock:

Yes I find it perfectly normal that European regulations reproduce the conditions of use real of the vast majority of countries in which it applies ...

The fact that a small part of German motorways allows more extensive use has nothing to do with it!
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 01/02/07, 00:50

antoinet111 wrote:small note, only the band on the left is unlimited, on 3/4 of the Autobahns, [...]
Apparently, not even quite as much ...
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 01/02/07, 00:52

maybe i can find figures on highway mortality,

to know that the motorways of Germany are much more rotten than in France, to take into account also that the young drivers have a formation on beautiful cars to drive on the fast lane, if not no license.

the number of accidents is relatively close to ours on the highway, but their violence is beyond compare.

ps: my girlfriend is german.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.

Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 01/02/07, 01:03

lumberjack wrote:Yes I find it perfectly normal that European regulations reproduce the conditions of use real...

Personally, when I drive on the highway, I am at 130-135Km / h. And everyone double me (except heavy goods vehicles). checked and rechecked. So this speed does not match reality.
But finally no matter, on the bottom I agree with you, but what exasperates me is that it would be necessary once and for all they stop to sell cars that drive at least 160Km / h while it is limited to 130.

[/off topic]

On this good night to all.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 01/02/07, 01:15

abyssin3 wrote:[...] Personally, when I drive on the highway, I am at 130-135Km / h. And everyone double me (except heavy goods vehicles). checked and rechecked. So this speed does not match reality.
Personally, when I drive on the highway I am often at the limit of the radar, that is to say 136-137 km / h and I get quite little overtaking ...
Conclusion: we don't take the same highways, or your meter is wrong ... : Lol:

In addition, there is not only France in Europe.

abyssin3 wrote:[...] But finally it does not matter, on the bottom I agree with you, but what irritates me, it is that it would be necessary once and for all they stop to sell cars that run minimum at 160Km / h when it is limited to 130. [..]
This is another debate which has nothing to do with the representativeness of consumption standards.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 01/02/07, 05:13

Hello
[...] But finally it does not matter, on the bottom I agree with you, but what exasperates me, it is that it would be necessary once and for all that they stop selling cars which roll minimum at 160Km / h while it is limited to 130. [..]

Do not dream in color, In North Amerqiue it's been a long time since the speed limit is 100kmh on highways and 90 kmh or 70 kmh in country roads
and these figures were in force while the major part of the cars had V8 from 5,5 to 6,6 liters of displacement and variable power from 220 to 350 hp for certain, and many cars currently of smaller displacement 4,4, 3 liters and 200 liters exceed XNUMXkmh.
tolerance is 110kmh or 115 kmh depending on the mood of the cop
The manufacturers have voluntarily stopped the needle of the odometer at 160 km / h (but with the rev counter we know that it sometimes rises 220 km / h.
Fifteen years ago I got caught on a highway radar at 114 km / h and I lost some demerit points.
When the police are hungry at the end of the month it takes them a certain price, so we limit the tight speeds everywhere they are sure to catch someone in default.

Andre
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 01/02/07, 09:13

All this is only sterile discussion! As long as we do not OBLIGATE the average consumer to have an ideal behavior, this one does not think of "protecting" the planet.

I fear that all this commotion at the time of the Paris meeting, of the IPCC report, of N. Hulot's protocol, ... is just a sword in the water and to confirm this, a super show "the bottom of the cards" on ARTE, which shows the growth of GDP in the 25 years to comer (you will not make me believe that GDP growth will be accompanied by a decrease in CO2 emissions):

http://www.artevod.com/programDetails.d ... ionId=1989

It is probably interesting to watch the video (0,99 euros). I missed the broadcast yesterday. There are redifs in the week.

But just by looking at the 4 world maps with the evolutions between now and 2030:

1 - GDP growth.
2 - Demography
3 - Energy consumption
4 - Evolution of energy consumption by "type" of energy

I will make a separate topic.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 01/02/07, 09:49

Woodcutter wrote:
abyssin3 wrote:[...] Personally, when I drive on the highway, I am at 130-135Km / h. And everyone double me (except heavy goods vehicles). checked and rechecked. So this speed does not match reality.
Personally, when I drive on the highway I am often at the limit of the radar, that is to say 136-137 km / h and I get quite little overtaking ...
Conclusion: we don't take the same highways, or your meter is wrong ... : Lol:

In addition, there is not only France in Europe.

abyssin3 wrote:[...] But finally it does not matter, on the bottom I agree with you, but what irritates me, it is that it would be necessary once and for all they stop to sell cars that run minimum at 160Km / h when it is limited to 130. [..]
This is another debate which has nothing to do with the representativeness of consumption standards.

It also happens very often that the car counters must be of a good ten km / h.
My meter has been checked. When I drive at maximum speed on the highway (120 with us). I pass a lot of cars.

And it seems to me that for motorcycles, manufacturers have agreed on a maximum speed: 200km / h
0 x
Researchers who seek are found, but researchers found it seeks.