You and your EGR valve ...

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.

For you, the EGR valve is:

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 05/02/07, 00:54

Hey by the way, there on European modern gasoline?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/07, 01:05

Woodcutter wrote:Hey by the way, there on European modern gasoline?

I do not know what you mean by modern but a friend who has an Astra 1999 any (which completely kidding the) ... It surprised me much besides ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 05/02/07, 01:10

1999? It means that it was necessary to Euro3, probably ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 05/02/07, 01:46

Hello
I'm lucky, my two cars and 1994 1996 petrol + LPG have no EGR valve

The ERG valve debuted on gasoline engines ...
For petrol cars in North America in early 1980 all cars had an ERG valve and a PCV ventilation vale housing
For the few diesel cars Mercedes this started for California and this was done for all of North America
(She differrentiel a greater ratio than the European models).
For diesel golf in Canada the ERG valve came much later than 90 years.

In 80 years before the arrival of the catalyst, the cars had air pump that air injected into the exhaust gas?
Andre
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 05/02/07, 23:09

Andre wrote:Hello
I'm lucky, my two cars and 1994 1996 petrol + LPG have no EGR valve

In 80 years before the arrival of the catalyst, the cars had air pump that air injected into the exhaust gas?
Andre

An air pump, you say !!!
I believe that there is one on my volvo 850, but I not sure what it is for ... :?:
I could not use it to blow into the model of carbs that will fuel the reactor ???
I was wondering if you had put the carbs in parallel printer or in series to power the reactor. A carburetor for water, one for hydrocarbon (HVP, GO, LPG, ...)
0 x
Other

by Other » 06/02/07, 00:54

Bonjour.

two carburetor parralelle smaller for water.,

I have provided a map somewhere would have the research or make another, it is a common single carburetor venturi and his two finishes a water and fuel.

2 carburetors in series of poses problemme dimenssion venturies of the second did almost no suction.

2 carburetors in parralelle this is too big air intake which may exceed the upper surface of the tube ..

Although has 100% use panton, water when you aurrez tried, it will be reparleras I am removing your illusions ..

Andre
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 06/02/07, 08:15

I suspected a little for suscion ...
So 2 carbs.
Verily you think that water does nothing?
0 x
andre-34
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by andre-34 » 06/02/07, 12:25

Hi, I'm possessor (horror) a big 4x4 oil 90 years (1997). I am very surprised to read consos of old cars because they are almost equal to mine.
The 4x4 is a Toyota Landcruiser hdj80 24 valve 4,2 liter engine (!) That uses standard mode (8 places) 12 liters 100 and campervan loaded to death mode with roof tent (carrénée mine) and 3 people on board with everything needed 13 liters and dust (more than 3 tons in this case).

It is equipped with an EGR I fired when I changed the injectors because it 'system accumulates residues in the intake system with fresh air.
As to 300000 km (it runs like clockwork and it will double) there were more tar in the system in the lungs of the cowboy in Marlboro.
Apparently he bears much better but I am acting on pollution. The Pantone system interests me, however, it seems risky to me because it has to get a perfect seal (an engine on that returns the price of a good car secondhand if you breakages).

- 1 - Are there been tests eventually recovering the EGR system to send water vapor? This system is compatible with this type of engine (large displacement, two-stage injection, turbocharger but without intercoler power of about 170 hp)

- 2- installing an intercooler would drop my conso about 10% (minimum). But the systems are expensive. Does anyone tinkered an intercooler on a large engine with a system recovered for clunkers?

- 3 - The pump is a rotary pump DENZO (very expensive but reliable). There are particular German plans to transform it into 4x4 100% HVP (I can even buy the field to put in rapeseed). But was it reliable returns on the longevity of pumps, injectors and engines after the adoption of this type of fuel? Are there any recommended additives other than those sold a fortune in commerce to increase the lubricity HVP? Can we associate this system with the Pantone ...

voilou whew, it's not easy : Cheesy: ?
0 x
zac

by zac » 06/02/07, 13:49

hi andré34

you got the machine has almost ideal boost water has pantone, not worry about the fiabilitée you will push the last of life of the mill at least 2 water pumps; this is the weak point of the beast has changed all 300 to 400000km.
If you do like me a doping with a carburetor to fuel and if you make the terrain a little hard done just careful to put a good filter on the carburetor and put the air intake as high as possible (crossing fords) .

Bearing down on this kind of mill you will be sickened by the gain in torque and hearing comfort.

@+

PS: for the intercooler (a air) pipe and an intercooler proces that is simpler than the mechanical
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
andre-34
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by andre-34 » 06/02/07, 14:11

you speak of carbu but it is a fuel oil with direct injection but "low" pressure
You can send me the doc where lines of guys who set it on such nags?
As for the HVP, what about the "durability" of the engine and the pump (3000 Euros new from toyota, much cheaper directly in Japan) ....
0 x