Why does Man like so much acceleration? Vehicles, sport ...

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Re: Why does Man like so much acceleration? Vehicles, sport ...

by Christophe » 16/02/19, 23:24

nico239 wrote:Ah you touch a sensitive point.

But there is not only speed in life ..... there is also (above all?) Centrifugal force.

Uh the centrifugal force (like each force) creates an acceleration on each mass, so it enters the debate well, thank you for having mentioned it!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/02/19, 23:30

phil12 wrote:Good evening,

It's just a reptilian thing, like I'm going fast, I'm taking risks, I'm broom, I'm the strongest, I'm the male!

It's like the boooumm broouuum of the gas handle or the accelerator pedal of the scrap heap just to signal to the female (they are not all good singers or guitar scrapers) of course we are just on the appearance and reproductive function, well then the woman becomes disillusioned when she is looking for a sapiens type man!

Quite agree with the idea (I almost talked about it in the 1st message but I didn't want to influence the first responses). With the downside that the reptilian brain is especially the brain of survival ... risk research is rather the anti reptilian brain in fact! : Mrgreen:

Does taking risks mean feeling more alive after all?

Well we have not yet mentioned the thrill rides ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/02/19, 23:32

Christophe wrote:
nico239 wrote:Ah you touch a sensitive point.

But there is not only speed in life ..... there is also (above all?) Centrifugal force.

Uh the centrifugal force (like each force) creates an acceleration on each mass, so it enters the debate well, thank you for having mentioned it!

Right, but it was so as not to focus solely on speed based on km / h.

Besides, I haven't studied the question at all, but I wonder if the centrifugal force is not even more addictive than pure accelerations?

In any case in several sports called "speed" and in which I have been able to share with practitioners what is most exciting are the "turns" "curves" "rotations" and the pressures they induce much more that pure accelerations which quickly become boring ...

Questions to work on and research to be done.
Last edited by Adrien (ex-nico239) the 16 / 02 / 19, 23: 52, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/02/19, 23:50

Uh the debate mainly concerns accelerations, not speed ... even if I mentioned it as a consequence of acceleration ... but it is not always the case (for example the paraglider, where the sensation of speed is rather weak ... except acrobatics ...)

On certain rides that centrifuge, the sensations are more linked to the forces than to the speeds ... obviously they will always be linked ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/02/19, 23:56

Christophe wrote:Uh the debate mainly concerns accelerations, not speed ... even if I mentioned it as a consequence of acceleration ... but it is not always the case (for example the paraglider, where the sensation of speed is rather weak ... except acrobatics ...)

On certain rides that centrifuge, the sensations are more linked to the forces than to the speeds ... obviously they will always be linked ...

Yes yes I corrected myself and I changed pure speed which did not have to be as much as after I conclude by pure acceleration ...

I share and I speak well of acceleration.

I reformulate: it seems to me that the acceleration caused by the centrifugal force is more addictive than the acceleration ... uh must be called how: in a straight line, linear ???

I let you find the right qualifier
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 17/02/19, 10:35

Uh it's G, gravity ... like on all the other diagrams ...
G like point G? : Cheesy:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/02/19, 10:39

I think it is a little lower on the "Dodo" diagram! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 17/02/19, 13:45

I'm still not figuring out how gravity would be an acceleration (which was my question, because I understood your pattern)?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/02/19, 08:17

Uh ??? Any force applies an acceleration on a mass in its field of action ...

Also, there are 2 units for the force of gravity: N / kg and m / s² ... the 2nd unit is indeed an acceleration unit ...

Take an interesting calculation: to get to the speed of light you have to undergo an acceleration of 1 G for ... about 1 year...

That is to say to be in free fall (without friction) during the same period ...

It's an interesting coincidence I think ... What did Einstein say again about chance ?? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 18/02/19, 12:54

I fully agree from a theoretical point of view, but in the specific case at hand, this acceleration is canceled out by the bed! : Cheesy:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."