Why does Man like so much acceleration? Vehicles, sport ...

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Why does Man like so much acceleration? Vehicles, sport ...

by Christophe » 16/02/19, 14:22

Neuro-psychological question of the day: why does Man so much like (small) accelerations and their (small) variations?

I made some sketches to try to pose the problem (no comment on my drawing skills please : Cheesy: ).

The human brain is, from birth (and even before) subjected to terrestrial acceleration whose influence varies according to the position.

G = gravity
A = acceleration
R = resulting

The Dodo position depends on the position: the body is accelerated to the side or back ... and even forward for those who sleep on their stomachs (but I think it's rather rare ... )

Accelerations_positions.gif
Accelerations_positions.gif (101.13 KB) Viewed 3596 times

In short, I would like to understand why accelerations (as long as they are moderate) "do good" to the brain ... obviously there is also the sensation (mainly visual) of the speed that plays when you accelerate on a vehicle. But for example, in paragliding the speed intervenes very little because very little noticeable!

Brainstorm! : Cheesy:
0 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Why does Man like so much acceleration? Vehicles, sport ...

by thibr » 16/02/19, 19:00

why put in big "H" : Mrgreen:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 16/02/19, 19:20

According to some theories, humans are configured for running (bipedalism, length and musculature of the legs, reduced hair ...) and the possibilities offered by the technique probably fill this addiction.
More generally, the overcoming of human finitude has a considerable attraction, but which quickly proves to be counterproductive (as the ability to store fat can be beneficial in certain contexts and very unfavorable in others).

Why do you see a vertical acceleration in a bedridden subject (unless you sleep in an elevator ... : Wink: )?
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/02/19, 22:27

Christophe wrote:
I made some sketches to try to pose the problem (no comment on my drawing skills please : Cheesy: ).

The human brain is, from birth (and even before) subjected to terrestrial acceleration whose influence varies according to the position.

G = gravity
A = acceleration
R = resulting

Ah you touch a sensitive point.

But there is not only speed in life ..... there is also (above all?) Centrifugal force.

It does not generate sensations not only on motorcycles for that matter, just replace the tires with the edges for example.
0 x
phil12
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by phil12 » 16/02/19, 22:36

Good evening,

It's just a reptilian thing, like I'm going fast, I'm taking risks, I'm broom, I'm the strongest, I'm the male!

It's like the boooumm broouuum of the gas handle or the accelerator pedal of the scrap heap just to signal to the female (they are not all good singers or guitar scrapers) of course we are just on the appearance and reproductive function, well then the woman becomes disillusioned when she is looking for a sapiens type man!
0 x
Sustainable energy consulting for construction
http://www.philippeservices.net/
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/02/19, 22:39

phil12 wrote:Good evening,

It's just a reptilian thing, like I'm going fast, I'm taking risks, I'm broom, I'm the strongest, I'm the male!

It's like the boooumm broouuum of the gas handle or the accelerator pedal of the scrap heap just to signal to the female (they are not all good singers or guitar scrapers) of course we are just on the appearance and reproductive function, well then the woman becomes disillusioned when she is looking for a sapiens type man!

Well not missed we can get a kick out of surfing and god knows if we drag ...
Last edited by Adrien (ex-nico239) the 16 / 02 / 19, 22: 42, 1 edited once.
0 x
phil12
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by phil12 » 16/02/19, 22:41

nico239 wrote:

Bhen no it's the same barrel for many it's just Brice 8) !
0 x
Sustainable energy consulting for construction
http://www.philippeservices.net/
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/02/19, 22:43

phil12 wrote:
nico239 wrote:

Bhen no it's the same barrel for many it's just Brice 8) !

Snowboard Image
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/02/19, 23:20

thibr wrote:why put in big "H" : Mrgreen:

Good remark! So that I am not treated as sexism ... when we say Man, it means humans ... well I think ?? : Cheesy:

Because we all know that men (with a small h) are more keen on thrills in general ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/02/19, 23:21

Ahmed wrote:Why do you see a vertical acceleration in a bedridden subject (unless you sleep in an elevator ... : Wink: )?

Uh it's G, gravity ... like on all the other diagrams ...
0 x