What is the margin of car manufacturers on a car?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: What is the margin of car manufacturers on a car?

by phil59 » 02/06/20, 21:25

Christophe wrote:The manual says that we can hope for 5 to 10% of additional autonomy by activating regeneration ... on condition of evolving in a hilly environment..10 no more so ..

In short: it is better to drive flat in an electric vehicle, a rating followed by a descent, or vice versa, will always be unfavorable to the autonomy of the vehicle ...

On a journey of a few hundred km, with cool driving, you recover not far from 15 to 20%, it's my experience that says it, and when I look at the screen of the zoé, it confirms it.

But I must admit that I brake little, like often at the entrance of the village, knowing your car well, you arrive between 50 and 60 km / h ...

Now, currently, if you have bought an EV for around € 26, the premium increases to € 000 max, limited to 7000% of the price of the EV, plus a super bonus of € 27 for a 5000 thermal, for example, ( see the actual authorized), and a QF <€ 2011.

Thereupon Renault adds you 3000 €, if you take the battery for purchase, and not for rental. So € 15 to recover .... on a VE at € 000, € 32 remains to be financed ....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 02/06/20, 21:34

The defects found during the CT are most of the time sufficiently minor to be technically repairable, but the cost of repairs * means that these vehicles are nevertheless condemned: the productivity of manufacturers increases much faster than that of garage owners for obvious reasons. .

* In the event of an accident, if the air bags have been triggered, their replacement price added to a few even minor body repairs exceeds the market value of the vehicle ... The lifespan of the air bags is estimated at 10 years, but it would be impossible to require replacement ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 02/06/20, 21:43

Christophe wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:The average age of ELVs (end-of-life vehicles), therefore scrapped, in France is 18,5 years (in 2017), including damaged vehicles. So, for the most part, roughly twenty years, excluding damaged vehicles.

So it's not the average age of the park? : Mrgreen: Who is from ?

10,6 years, we had already talked about it and you had confused the two values.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 02/06/20, 21:51

Ahmed wrote:The defects noted during the CT are most of the time sufficiently minor to be technically repairable, but the cost of the repairs * means that these vehicles are however condemned:

So what? We let them roll without repairing them? I did not understand what you meant?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 02/06/20, 21:58

Initially, the CT was intended to eliminate either by repair or by destruction, the outrageously dangerous vehicles, but the subsequent evolution was made towards a normative obsolescence which pushes to the replacement by new and the economic concerns prevail now on those relating to security alone ...
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 02/06/20, 22:03

Ahmed wrote:Initially, the CT was intended to eliminate either by repair or by destruction, the outrageously dangerous vehicles, but the subsequent evolution was made towards a normative obsolescence which pushes to the replacement by new and the economic concerns prevail now on those relating to security alone ...

It is not supported by the facts. The average age of the fleet in circulation and of disposal is only increasing.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 02/06/20, 23:10

Quite a few people are actually forced to manage to make their vehicle last because it is essential to them and they cannot afford to buy a new one, but this evolving trend nevertheless remains. currently towards normative obsolescence in favor of new engines. I doubt that the most recent vehicles (not to mention electric cars) allow these possibilities of intervention, because of the great complexity of the new models ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 02/06/20, 23:19

Very well, they have their vehicle maintained / repaired if it is judged according to a grid applicable to everyone that it is potentially dangerous for themselves but also for others.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/06/20, 08:52

You will note all the same that the notion of "danger" has considerably extended over time ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 03/06/20, 10:10

Ahmed wrote:You will note all the same that the notion of "danger" has considerably extended over time ...

For sure. But as this is an activity (driving) with potential consequences for others (including its own passengers), I support it.
For those who want to practice a "risky" activity but who only endanger themselves, it's different.
0 x