What is the margin of car manufacturers on a car?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
taam
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: What is the margin of car manufacturers on a car?

by taam » 02/06/20, 17:09

in practice it is slightly different.

No, not paper, practice, and even very common.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 02/06/20, 17:24

taam wrote:
in practice it is slightly different.

No, not paper, practice, and even very common.

If on one side you have 5 km of road at 15% slope and on the other 30km at 5%, you will not consume the same thing depending on your starting point.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
taam
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by taam » 02/06/20, 17:27

Yes indeed here when you go up in the mountains, you go down by the same road. :D
Although with a less steep descent slope over a longer distance, I think that the average consumption will drop vs. flat.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 02/06/20, 17:39

I can guarantee that with an electric the theory meets the practice in terms of use in elevation ... the difference between the consumption of my morning trip (downhill) and my evening trip (side) returned pil pilil unlike the energy it takes to increase a ton (weight of the 106 elec) on the difference in height it had to type ... Except that in the morning ... Normally it should have consumed much less because for miles I was in zero consumption see regeneration (recharging the batteries) ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 02/06/20, 18:11

Macro wrote:I can guarantee that with an electric the theory joins the practice in terms of use in elevation ...

Logically, the maximum torque is immediately available.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/06/20, 18:17

My experience in electric propulsion is limited to homemade e-bikes ... but I made some interesting measurements like the Wh / km according to the acceleration and the average speed (mode 1 to 5) for example (and, strangely enough, it plays very little: as much to go there "thoroughly" in electricity therefore!)

The manual says that we can hope for 5 to 10% of additional autonomy by activating regeneration ... on condition of evolving in a hilly environment..10 no more so ..

In short: it is better to drive flat in an electric vehicle, a rating followed by a descent, or vice versa, will always be unfavorable to the autonomy of the vehicle ...

By cons it uses the brakes a little less ... but not on a thermal engine brake is not more effective than a regen. electric ... but there I can not say for lack of experience on EV ... Remundo or you, Macro, will certainly say what they think ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/06/20, 18:26

sicetaitsimple wrote:Just a note, the "consumerist blunders" feed the second-hand market .... It is not especially to defend them, but if there is no new market, it will become more complicated on the market of the occasion!

Ah yes that's for sure: if we make more cars, from a moment it will be problematic ... but we could largely optimize the situation. You should ask Mad Max what he thinks ... : Cheesy:

For the rest, the increasingly restrictive CT systems (see the 2019 MAJ in France) send for scrapping vehicles that could still run, in a reliable and healthy way, for years ... not all CTs have the mutual friend of Macro! : Mrgreen:

Purchase bonuses and scrappage bonuses, same fight ... this favors the destruction of still functional cars ...

Let's not forget that it takes 100 to 150 km to make the gray CO000 from a car change profitable ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 02/06/20, 18:56

... if we make more cars, from a moment it will be problematic ...

Well no! Just build used cars ... : Wink:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 02/06/20, 20:20

Christophe wrote:
For the rest, the increasingly restrictive CT systems (see the 2019 MAJ in France) send for scrapping vehicles that could still run, in a reliable and healthy way, for years ... not all CTs have the mutual friend of Macro! : Mrgreen:

I do not see how you can say "in a reliable and healthy way". If there is a crippling fault at the technical control, there is a fault, period. And we can generally repair it, except structural defect such as significant corrosion or other.
The average age of ELVs (end-of-life vehicles), therefore scrapped, in France is 18,5 years (in 2017), including damaged vehicles. So, for the most part, roughly twenty years, excluding damaged vehicles.

https://www.ademe.fr/sites/default/file ... apport.pdf
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/06/20, 21:09

sicetaitsimple wrote:The average age of ELVs (end-of-life vehicles), therefore scrapped, in France is 18,5 years (in 2017), including damaged vehicles. So, for the most part, roughly twenty years, excluding damaged vehicles.

So it's not the average age of the park? : Mrgreen: Who is from ?

Because the level of the rolling stock we see that it is much younger ... If we take into account the collection vehicles of 30, 40, 50, 60 or more years it boosts a lot the average age: for an average age of 18,5 years, you need a car of -13 years : Mrgreen: to compensate for a 50 year old car (1970) ... or 2 cars of 2,75 years old ... or very very young ... or 3 cars of 8 years old ... ok there it becomes reasonable! : Mrgreen:
0 x