Volkswagen: a Golf Turbo Electric Diesel for soon?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Volkswagen: a Golf Turbo Electric Diesel for soon?

by Christophe » 22/02/08, 07:20

seen on econologique.info

Volkswagen will unveil a super-efficient hybrid diesel-electric Golf (or Rabbit in America) at the Geneva International Motor Show in a few weeks. According to rumor running on the Internet, the latter will have a fuel consumption of only 3,4 l / 100km (69.2 mpg) and will emit as little as 89 grams of CO2 per kilometer. Too good to be true?

According to Motor Authority, the car that will be presented in Geneva would be very close to the production model, but Volkswagen will present it in Geneva as a concept vehicle. Thus, the manufacturer intends to present several other versions before starting production. Moreover, according to 4Car, VW will probably seek to recoup its investments and will extend this technology to several models of the VAG group, such as the Jetta, the Passat, the Tiguan, the Audi A3 and Q5.

Obviously, the engine of this hybrid diesel-electric Golf will meet all the Euro 5 emission criteria and the rigorous Tier2 Bin5 standards in the United States.

Volkswagen therefore promises a very exciting Geneva Motor Show, with the unveiling of the Scirocco production vehicle, a Passat Flex-Fuel E85 and CleanTDI versions of the Sharan and the Passat CC.

Source: http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/news- ... s_id=17097

Missing more than the release date and above all ... the price?

ps: I didn't know that the Golf = Rabbit in the USA : Mrgreen:
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 22/02/08, 09:53

I don't see where the novelty lies: it's been a long time since PSA has been running Xsara, C4, 307 diesel electric hybrids with even slightly better figures ... but it is a fact that PSA does not sell to " states "... unlike VAG
between the prototype and industrialization there is a "certain" time ...
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 22/02/08, 13:57

better than 3.4L / 100Km ??? I doubt ...
Otherwise, when is this golf course scheduled for 2015? 2020?
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 22/02/08, 14:43

abyssin3 wrote:better than 3.4L / 100Km ??? I doubt ...

ultimately not better, because the translation of consumption is false it is actually 3.33L / 100km ... which is ~ the figure reached by the last version of the C4 ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 22/02/08, 17:18

Chatham wrote:
abyssin3 wrote:better than 3.4L / 100Km ??? I doubt ...

ultimately not better, because the translation of consumption is false it is actually 3.33L / 100km ... which is ~ the figure reached by the last version of the C4 ... : Cheesy:

Frankly, such a conso really makes me mad. : Evil:
Don't they know how to do better?

We add a second engine, tons of electronics and batteries, we enormously complicate the design, manufacture, maintenance and future recycling of the model all to gain what?
Just over 1l / 100Km:

Site 'Engines' page www.volkswagen.fr wrote :The consumption [of the blue motion golf: note] amounts to 4,5 l of diesel per 100 km

And again, if the hybridization is of the same type (parallel, I believe) as the Prius, the reductions in consumption are only real in the urban or mixed cycle (where the electric motor is most used). For highway or departmental, the consumption gain is much lower.
On the other hand, we can be sure that the gain in terms of invoice will be much less negligible which can make the additional cost difficult to make profitable.
Besides: small calculation.
we imagine that the buyer makes 25000Km / year.
It saves 1.2 x 25000 / 100 = 300l / year.
At 1.2 € / l of diesel, it saves 360 € / year ...
If the buyer keeps his car for 5 years, he will therefore have saved 360 * 5 = € 1800.
I doubt that the difference between the hybrid and the diesel is as small ...

When the ecological benefit of this vehicle, it reminds me a little of a firefighter who would put out a forest fire with a glass of water.

It's time to take a much more radical turn in car design. Projects like these are just a coat of "marketingo-ecological" varnish to restore a little the image of a means of transport increasingly contested in the face of the climatic challenges of this century.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Snickers
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Snickers » 29/02/08, 22:33

+1
This is not (more) what we expect ... they are late!
I want a vehicle that is at least 200 km in all electric that I charge on a solar panel ... and the rest in raw rapeseed oil!
0 x
1000 Km VAE self-built (02 / 2007)
http://cyclurba.fr/velo/206/VAE-kit-rea ... -velo.html
Vélotaf in VAE Kit Nine continent 48V http://cyclurba.fr/forum/17745/essai-ki ... 9#msg17745
28Km / day A123 2P15S BMS Balancer
You will not kill your planet!
Remundo

by Remundo » 29/02/08, 22:55

Hello everybody

Indeed, you need full hybrid rechargeable on the sector (renewable!), and a small heat engine with rapeseed oil 8)

But it's not for tomorrow : Cry:

@ +
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."