Van or truck with little green CO2?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Lio
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Van or truck with little green CO2?

by Lio » 15/10/09, 20:27

Hello,

I would like to have information on the possibilities for ecological trucks.
Is there a current or future technology (not too long term) which seems capable of providing a certain power while being little or no producer of CO2?

I am not talking about heavy goods vehicles, for which the power sought is enormous, but let's say more than a simple van ...
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 19/10/09, 12:16

Hello, we always come back to the same problem.
What is the average mileage traveled by the vehicle?
What is the price at which we agree to buy it.
Currently, you can find utilities running natural gas and LPG that emit less C02 than those running on gasoline or diesel.
After for the short distances in captive fleet there remains the electric for which there are small utilities not very fast.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Lio
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Lio » 20/10/09, 21:04

basically: the low speed is not absolutely no problem.

By cons, this vehicle will run a number of mileage very high and will have to travel great distances.

As for the price, it is not an obstacle. even if the technology is brand new, or even being tested today.

Forgive the simplicity of my words if this is the case and my obvious lack of knowledge in this area.
excuse me, if I am not very precise or if I speak of things that seem aberrant to you
0 x
Lio
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Lio » 24/10/09, 13:20

am i precise enough? Is there any information missing to allow you to respond?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 24/10/09, 16:47

Lio wrote:am i precise enough? Is there any information missing to allow you to respond?
Yes, what useful volume, what payload, more precision on the routes, the radius of action ...
Small hybrid trucks are planned soon, their LPG versions are already available, but you are not precise enough so that I can direct you on any product whatsoever.
0 x
Lio
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Lio » 25/10/09, 12:34

ok i will try to answer you within the limits of my means.
that is to say that I cannot give you numbers because I absolutely do not know the proportions. however, I can show you the situation.

The machine will not transport goods, but men. However, transportation will be arranged to be able to live there.
depending on the number of men who will travel (they will be 5 to 10 according to our estimates) and depending on the possibilities, we will look for a large truck or several "vans".

The goal is to make a trip of about a year. To cross Europe, then head to Asia. This can give you an idea of ​​the mileage.

These men will therefore need to be able to live in these vehicles. however the weight will not be excessive since there will be no transport of heavy goods.
The only goods transported will be tables of the "massage" type as well as a canvas tent of the military type. As well as the equipment of use of arrangement: bed, fridge, toilet ...

We do not yet know what is the most suitable means between the converted truck and the motorhome.

In conclusion:

I would especially like to have information on what is currently available. For motorhomes as well as for vans or heavy goods vehicles. Without going into specific details, for which I cannot yet give a precise evaluation. I would have to know what it is possible to find so that I can define the exact desired size, the desired weight etc.

Hope you have a better understanding of the situation

Lionel
0 x