Limited urban speed: ZONE 30 km / h in the city (project in Strasbourg, done in Brussels in 2021) in Paris?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Re: arguments and examples of cities 30: www.ville30.org

by Christophe » 11/02/11, 19:17

city ​​30 wrote:if you find me a serious argument against the concept of city 30 I pay you a foam!

Chick? A Kronenbourg I hope huh? : Mrgreen:

The serious arguments (I think) I said them above: risk of increasing congestion during peak hours (a car traveling at 30 will stay longer on the road) ... and pollution: a car pollutes more at 30km / h than at 50 (at steady speed) .. .

Now obviously it depends on what you call "Transit axis"?

For example: avenue des vosges or quai Louis Pasteur in Strasbourg: 50 or 30?

Is there a public plan that defines the (future) 30 zones in Strasbourg somewhere?

Here is that of Lorient: https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... WQ1fj9.pdf

Ah well in this case I am already more in agreement with the concept: the "major" axes remain at 50 (= 60-70 in reality hihihi)

The difference is that there has been a progression over 3 years, I don't know if stras wants to do the same ...
0 x
30 city
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by 30 city » 06/03/11, 19:20

for serious arguments actually speaking of stabilized speed for urban driving on secondary roads is a slight bias ... not to mention congestion, which as you know is determined by the management of intersections ... which intersections can see disappear traffic lights and stops become useless with the pacification of traffic ... hence gain in fluidity and average speed!

In short, the only problem will be for the owners of overpowered cars for whom it will be frustrating to no longer be able to consider public space as a circuit. Not enough as an argument in my opinion.

I found the traffic plan: it is specified that a motorist will never be more than 300m from a transit axis maintained at 50 km / h: in other words on a classic home-work trip of about 15 km 15/20 minutes including parking, there will be a maximum of 300m in zone 30, or in the worst case 5 more seconds: is it worth getting excited?

Why do you want it to be progressive? if we agree that it is a useful measure there is no reason to hang around.

0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 06/03/11, 19:33

The best would be zones 0, where automobile circulation with thermal engine would be prohibited.
The car in town is nonsense, worse it is a public health problem, so happy or not you must take action and quickly.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: arguments and examples of cities 30: www.ville30.org

by Leo Maximus » 06/03/11, 19:51

Christophe wrote:....... and pollution: a car pollutes more at 30km / h than at 50 (at steady speed ...

It is in Strasbourg that we experience the rechargeable Prius, as if by chance ...

http://www.prius-touring-club.com/vbf/s ... php?t=2872 (17 pages).
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 07/03/11, 08:25

sen-no-sen wrote:The car in town is nonsense, worse it is a public health problem, so happy or not you must take action and quickly.

In Tours we have a neighborhood where car traffic is totally prohibited ....
This district is the worst in terms of public health .... : Cheesy:
Alcoholism, drug addiction, insomnia, unsanitary conditions, junk food ...........
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 07/03/11, 11:18

Macro wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:The car in town is nonsense, worse it is a public health problem, so happy or not you must take action and quickly.

In Tours we have a neighborhood where car traffic is totally prohibited ....
This district is the worst in terms of public health .... : Cheesy:
Alcoholism, drug addiction, insomnia, unsanitary conditions, junk food ...........

I did not know that the automobile allowed a reduction in public health problems such as alcoholism, drug addiction, insomnia, unhealthy conditions, junk food ...
Great! We will have to launch immediately a scientific study on the phenomenon !!! : Lol:

Wouldn't you forget the socio-cultural context of the neighborhood in question by chance?
In many cities, generally in the center, pedestrian zones are provided.
Very often its sectors are very commercial (pub, nightclub, snack bar, shops of all kinds ..) which explains the influx of people and the consequences you cite, but this is only the perverse effect resulting from its activities and not from the absence of the automobile.

Besides, if the pedestrian zones were extensive, people would not be crowded in this way in the city centers.

I know neighborhoods with the same problems that you mention, with bonus cars and the consequences that go with:, noise, accident, annoying parking etc ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 07/03/11, 13:25

For junk food noise insomnia ... For alcoholism ... The automobile and road transport it is sure and certainly decreases sharply ... It is incredible the number of people who do not drink a 3rd drink because they have to get behind the wheel ...

My little apartment had no scientific pretensions (like all that I can write here ... I am a simple mortal who did not go further than the bac ...) but rather humorous ...

Drinking or driving ... All the way we don't care we don't have a car ... : Cheesy:
0 x
navel
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by navel » 07/03/11, 13:34

For info, Brussels has already been at 30 Km / H for several months
http://www.z30.be/fr/accueil
0 x
manoria68
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by manoria68 » 07/03/11, 14:28

Hello,
it's bullshit to run cars at 30Km / H.
All these trays break cars, baffles are the delight of garage owners.
When I was between 5 and 10 years old, I went to school by walking on the side of a big road all by myself. My mother had explained to me to be careful. If the parents were doing what they should do, it would be fine.
In addition, in town, the red lights are never (rarely) synchronized. Its costs little and allows it to no longer have cars waiting for the engine running ...
0 x
Manoria 68, fried researcher, technician of its oil mill
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 07/03/11, 14:30

Even with horse drawn carts at 5km / h, we die well, like Pierre Curie, a little after 1906 before the cars !!
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Curie

The automobile in Paris hardly goes faster than the horse-drawn carriages !!
0 x