Ulm and light aircraft of the future

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 10/09/12, 23:33

it's like a plane ... in case of failure it hovers but not necessarily as far as we want

the helicopter in auto rotation does not fall like a stone: it can advance but not as far as a real glider ... but no worse than a plane, and in addition it is possible to land with much less place a plane

in auto rotation there is no need for anti torque as there is more torque engine

it is of course forbidden to fly over the big cities in helico ... to obtain the authorization, it takes not only a serious reason but in addition a helico biturbine to be safe from engine failure: a turbine on 2 to allow to continue to fly
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 10/09/12, 23:49

chatelot16 wrote:in auto rotation there is no need for anti torque as there is more torque engine

The control of the pitch of the anti-torque rotor nevertheless seems to me necessary to control the yaw axis during the descent in auto-rotation. I suppose that main rotor and anti-torque rotor are mechanically connected.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/09/12, 00:12

for the self rotation exercise I see the helico advance like autogyro, I guess for the tail to make a gyrouette

it would be possible to let the anti torque couple to continue to be able to control the lace ... but the goal is to go down as quickly as possible: I think the helico builder preferred to throw the rotor anti torque not to lose unnecessarily energy
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 11/09/12, 12:04

chatelot16 wrote:for the self rotation exercise I see the helico advance like autogyro, I suppose for the tail to make wind vane.
it would be possible to let the anti torque couple to continue to be able to control the lace ... but the goal is to go down as quickly as possible: I think the helico builder preferred to throw the rotor anti torque not to lose unnecessarily energy

You are probably right. To control a helico winding autogyra, it should be that the pitch of the anti-torque rotor is almost zero, so a rudder completely depressed, we do not control much with this. Could a helicopter pilot confirm?
0 x
quartz
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by quartz » 12/09/12, 10:20

Hello everybody

a nice video on an electric ULM!

To be continued ......
0 x
Every minute that passes is an opportunity to change the course of your life.
YouTube page, Dailymotion page, Picasa album, personal Pages, Viktor Schauberger
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 12/09/12, 20:58

quartz wrote:Hello everybody
a nice video on an electric ULM! To be continued ......

The builders are doing it ...
http://www.airfer.fr/PBCatalog.asp?CatID=1214414
http://www.airfer.fr/PBProduct.asp?ItmID=8011572
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 13/09/12, 00:45

Cuicui wrote:
quartz wrote:Hello everybody
a nice video on an electric ULM! To be continued ......

The builders are doing it ...
http://www.airfer.fr/PBCatalog.asp?CatID=1214414
http://www.airfer.fr/PBProduct.asp?ItmID=8011572

But for now, it's 2 x the price of a petrol paramotor ...
Electric Scream looks great!
http://www.automobile-propre.com/2010/0 ... bus-e-220/
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/09/12, 10:37

Cuicui wrote:But for now, it's 2 x the price of a petrol paramotor ...

Even 3 times ... then in 3 or 4 years the 2 engine will run again ... not sure that lithium batteries are still ok ...

It remains to invent the solar paraglider equipped with flexible cells ... which could well extend the autonomy :)
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/09/12, 12:25

the electric is a false track for aviation

the batteries are expensive: you have to make them profitable with something that turns every day: a real car ... not an ulm or a paramotor that does a few hours from time to time

the batteries are heavy: for a land vehicle it weighs already on the performance ... for the flying machine is a disaster: it does not even allow to have the minimum autonomy imposed by some regulation, while with a gasoline engine you can have hours of autonomy for a weight loss

when we have batteries so much better than all the cars will be electric we can think about it for aviation ... but I do not even believe it: I see more progress to be made on the engines than on the battery
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/09/12, 12:41

+ 1 except to find a powerful and lightweight on-board power generator ... like Emet Brown's Mister Fusion :) (back to the future 2) : Mrgreen:

There is more to gain in alternative fuels ...
0 x