Uber, green transportation taxi why are so bad?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 28/06/15, 13:33

It is less and less possible to take a taxi on the fly (the famous maraud) except during the rare moments of hollowness, and even less to book them.

Why bawl against hybrid bikes in good standing? There is not even any competition, since they only provide a service that many taxis no longer provide, it is the taxi ranks themselves that have deserted the taxi activity (except near airports and stations , and again ...), that they sweep outside their door, that they resolve the concerns that they themselves have created before incriminating others (state, prefecture, allocab, uber, airportvan ...).

a small article illustrating my experience as well as that of many other customers probably: http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/economie ... ients.html

Uber "pop" is something else (problems with conventional taxis or not, lack of conventional taxis or not) I think it's a funny idea of ​​entrepreneurship ...
0 x
The shadow
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by The shadow » 28/06/15, 16:38

Hello, just to remind everyone that they vote for globalization : Cry:
So for the march forward and digital is on all floors : Cheesy:
For uber they have already won "advertising" as a reminder it's GOOGLE
Citizens will surely remember this decision of the government for the next elections like many others : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/06/15, 23:22

The aerial version: UberFly doesn't just make people happy either!

A violent assault by a paraglider biplacist ... for what? Almost nothing !! A paragliding baptism has nothing to do with an airplane baptism and even less with air transport in a small plane ...

http://www.tomimag.fr/vosges-un-parapen ... en-colere/

VOSGES - In recent days, tensions between airplane pilots and paragliders have been increasing. On Saturday morning, a young 24-year-old paraglider was struck hard in the face as he prepared to take off with a client on the heights of La Bresse Brabant in the Vosges.

"He has several facial fractures, a broken nose and torn teeth." Benjamin's mother, a 24-year-old paragliding instructor, told the gendarmes with emotion the violent assault on his son, Saturday morning, on the heights of La Bresse.

According to the first elements of the investigation, the young man was finalizing the preparations for a tandem flight with a client near the Roche de Minuit, at the Brabant Pass. Harnessed with the sail, ready to launch out towards the Vosges crests, the duo was taken to task by a group of ten airline pilots, who came to express their dissatisfaction with the use by paragliders and their customers of 'a mobile application,' uberfly ', allowing free flights to be organized outside of traditional air transport systems.

(..)

If the pilots are also starting to hit each other on the face (the solidarity of flying men no longer exists?), It is because the world is going badly, very badly ... what society ...

:| :| :|
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 01/07/15, 00:47

Uh .... Christophe, I know you are very busy, but still! : Mrgreen:

Have you taken a look at the titles of the other "news" on this site? I bet a blue Chimay not!
: Lol:
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/07/15, 10:24

Ah yes ... well you won a blue Chimay! It was late ... let's say that!

ps: I still tried to search for the UberFly application in vain ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 01/07/15, 16:10

A priori more serious: Ryanair launches a petition against the strikes of air traffic controllers.

While air traffic controllers were called to strike Thursday and Friday, on the initiative of the National Union of Air Traffic Controllers (SNCTA) - a notice that was lifted Wednesday July 1 in the afternoon -, Ryanair passed on the offensive. In an online petition relayed by The Guardian, the Irish low-cost airline calls for a ban on the right to strike of air traffic controllers in Europe.

Learn more about http://www.lemonde.fr/entreprises/artic ... 2GuABOj.99

http://www.lemonde.fr/entreprises/artic ... 56994.html

Where 'we see that behind the business plans, also hide a "political vision", of an even more deregulated world, of a divided world where very very rich people (whether he displays his fortune, the boss of Ryanair and the taxes it pays!) Manipulate against each other, passengers eager for vacations "at low cost at any price" against "controllers" (necessarily well-off civil servants who do not work much) ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 02/07/15, 10:37

there will be a lot to say about ryan air ... foreign company which earns more money by being subsidized by the local community than on the plane tickets ... really badly placed to give lesson to those who strike

there would also be something to say about the controllers who abuse their privileged position a bit ... but ultimately fortunately the controllers are in a position of strength, if he were weak he would be forced to do anything by companies like ryan air

It seems a little off topic, but what is in the subject is the behavior of foreign society which do anything to the detriment of the general interest and the French society in place which does not provide the service which one needs, so makes way for foreign companies: there would be no ryan air if air france knew how to be efficient at making flights at a reasonable price ... there would be no uber pop if taxis themselves set up a smartphone application to increase their efficiency and lower their cost ... if the taxis did not cling to a luxury market and understood that we can earn more by adapting to the needs of customers

So being against uber pop is useless ... you just have to admit that the taxis do not know what to do, and I am afraid that their structure of individualistic gathering will not allow to move forward

who should have a good transport optimization computer system? a very legal system managed by the users, pooling the offers of carpoolers, passenger cars, taxis, and even public transport

when a passenger from this system requests transport the answer could be: there is a bus that will pass at such a place in x minute ... the bus allows to do most of the travel, but does not go close enough to the destination : during the bus journey we have time to order a vehicle that will finish the trip

thanks to this possibility of ordering a vehicle on the bus, this system becomes really complementary to public transport and deserves to be subsidized in the same way as public transport ... and failing to be subsidized simply tolerated without tax

and if taxis are jealous of this system, let them participate too! and that they require the state to be less taxed when they also play this role of complementing public transport
0 x
The shadow
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by The shadow » 02/07/15, 12:38

0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 02/07/15, 16:11

we don't necessarily need microsoft or google map bing to do cartography: we have geoportal from the national geographic institute!

it happened to me not to find certain address on GPS tom tom however regularly updated: geoportail IGN found them

there is also open street map ... completely free, or anyone can add the details they know! therefore with a transport system based on open street map nobody could be ignored because their street is not yet on the map: just put it yourself! (even when copying geoportail or google)
0 x
The shadow
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by The shadow » 02/07/15, 18:36

we don't necessarily need microsoft or google map bing to do cartography: we have geoportal from the national geographic institute!

it happened to me not to find certain address on GPS tom tom however regularly updated: geoportail IGN found them

there is also open street map ... completely free, or anyone can add the details they know! therefore with a transport system based on open street map nobody could be ignored because their street is not yet on the map: just put it yourself! (even when copying geoportail or google)

================================================== ============
For the free have the time and the skills because it is far from being the must
Geo-portal is far from being the perfect service because a lot of data is copied from Google eart and which forbids it in France to provide details (protection of the position of the ign) as in Switzerland etc ...
View how is tied our IGN looks at that of the other countries they are very far ahead level precision, fluidity,
: Mrgreen:
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."