Uber, green transportation taxi why are so bad?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 26/06/15, 21:09

It is practical to divide opinion by using scapegoats such as taxis, often struggling with increasingly marginal work; it is easy to oppose them, in the name of triumphant liberalism of regulation, individuals reduced to transform themselves into service providers at a discount (self-operation, no pun intended!) to make ends meet (and take them out of the same time the desire to challenge).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/06/15, 21:41

I put a rather awkward title ... the goal is not to criticize the taxis for their normal work but to criticize their opposition to the new solution

a good computer system that can optimize the management of available means of transport: that anyone who has a car in good condition can put it at the service of others

seen like that it's ecological and positive ... why does it have to be the taxation of work by social charges that ruins everything?

the badly done taxation prohibits the effectiveness? forbids solidarity? prohibits ecology?

taxis can complain about unfair competition but the solution is not to ban their competition: the solution is to change the taxes to make them equal!

I prefer a reduction in what we charge taxi than a ban on new solutions

I don't like uber pop very much because it is foreign ... but since French law prohibits everything, only from abroad can we do something new
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 26/06/15, 22:24

That anyone who has a car in good condition can put it at the service of others ...
seen like that it's ecological and positive ...

It is above all an extension and contamination of the commercial domain inside a private sphere, nothing to do with a friendly and disinterested sharing ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/06/15, 22:55

trade is useful! that's how we went from prehistory where everyone did in his corner everything he needed to a company or each one sells to the other what he can do better than the others

the taxation of work by the social charges makes a certain way backwards ... it prohibits anyone from selling what they can do because to have the right to sell you have to pay

In what I have read lately about taxis there is a fear of precariousness: precariousness is not the fear of a falling income, it is the fear with fixed charges that it fay pay more than you earn if income goes down ... problem of taxis or other craftsmen ...

for me the problem is not uber ... this is what we charge taxi ... or what the taxi invented themselves to limit the number ... sale of license or place parking

want to limit the number of taxis to leave more figure to those who are in place it's already a bit dubious ... but if others take the place it's even more stupid ... which is stupid this n is not that uber takes the place it is that the taxis do not provide the service we need

a good application on smartphone to manage transport well it is the real taxi who should have put it into service first if they were good ... but if they only oppose others they will never be good

if real taxis set up a smartphone application making it easy to find the best placed taxi, to know precisely how much it will cost, they would win customers!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 27/06/15, 08:55

We understand more the gripes of taximen
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 27/06/15, 09:01

Compare UBER to ecological transport, I am disappointed to see it written here. UBER's goal is not ecology for designers but finance. For workers, don't believe that they are taking people on their route, it doesn't work like that, they are at the service of the customer.
Taxis buy a charge like in the old regime. You have to believe that they are against it. Perhaps a party, but others see the possibility of limiting competition.
The state sees it as a source of income without wanting to see the ineffectiveness of the system.
A real ecological system that I would like to develop is a system that warns the individual that a car that goes to the same place as him passes nearby and that the car sees that there is a person to take care of.
Cost sharing and security would be automated by the system.
It's possible to develop this.
I've been thinking about it for a long time but I found no one with the skills to do it wanting to embark on the adventure.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 27/06/15, 10:39

phil53 wrote:A real ecological system that I would like to develop is a system that warns the individual that a car that goes to the same place as him passes nearby and that the car sees that there is a person to take care of.
Cost sharing and security would be automated by the system.
It's possible to develop this.
I've been thinking about it for a long time but I found no one with the skills to do it wanting to embark on the adventure.

It exists it is called blablacar (or another ais I have not tried) ... I have entered journeys several times and I have driven each time in very charming company ... Students and even people who go and come back from their work in this way..Not disappointed at all, no exchange of money, friendliness respect for hours .... at all beneficial for the econologist..I even received for my first trip carpool a € 20 fuel card from Total ... When you know that the car was running at 75% recycled frying it makes the pleasure even more enjoyable ...

On the other hand, another time I was 10 minutes early on the journey .... I missed 2 people who had booked late ... the calculation of the journey time is really fair but there are selectable options for the detours of care and deposit ... for me it is only positive ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 27/06/15, 11:20

I know, my children use it often, but the problem is that it is not automated in real time like UBER
Blabla is especially valid for long distances or repetitive trips
For short journeys, above all, the person seeking must send a signal and the car passing by should be notified.
There is a site that does almost that, but they want to connect it to public transportation. Far too complicated in my opinion
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/06/15, 11:35

I repeat: clearly understand that this is a business between taximen; not a tax that goes into public accounts.

It is the "shortage" of available licenses and the prospects of gain in the activity that create the value ... It is indeed a "door step" market based on the shortage!

It's also a hell of a hat-trick for those who have retired. They do not protest against the system and do not propose a "cap" [no more than the bosses of the CAC 40].

This explains in particular the price of the trip in a "real" licensed taxi. It is a very important charge to amortize (therefore to pass on the price). Which is added to all the others: salaries + contributions, vehicle (leasing or depreciation), fuel, some other costs ...

Additional load which escapes hybrid bikes and of course Uber ...

The violence of the demonstrations can be explained by the fear that if an Uber-style system becomes generalized, the "demand" for redundant taxis will drop drastically. From then on, no one is going to settle down ... From then on, the one who put 200 euros on the table and was counting on reselling his place for 000 in 250 or 000 years, risks losing everything !!!

And if in addition the Ministry of Culture pursues its officials who slammed 30 euros in taxi costs per year (on the accounts of public establishments - INA or Beaubourg), where are we going!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 27/06/15, 11:45

blablacar, this is a website that users must update them manually: too complicated for short trips at the last moment

the big advantage of uber is the geolocation of smartphones for both the driver and the passenger, to connect the one who is best placed

it is a solution for the future: all that remains is to apply this to carpooling, by highlighting the efficient use of those that run empty and there is time to take a passenger ... that some want making a lucrative activity must not prevent making it a means of reducing waste first

the corporatist behavior of taxis is wasteful, in the genre: we are subject to expensive rules, we want to force you to pay dearly!

uber shows an efficient way: real taxis should organize themselves to set up the same service to improve their efficiency ... it would be easier to prohibit this modern and foreign service if there is the same good French
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."