Train transport and SNCF prices, who cares?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Train transport and SNCF prices, who cares?

by Christophe » 15/06/08, 10:56

The total hallucination, price in 2nd class, Sedan-Paris trip (200km !!!), for next Friday:

1) The "clean" train:

SEDAN - PARIS EST, 2 passengers: 149.80 € i.e. 0.15 € / km. passenger.

+ metro or RER ticket to reach the final destination.

2) The nasty car that stinks (price for one way), according to Mappy:

The start
Sedan, Champagne-Ardenne (08200, France)

Checkin
1st Arrondissement Paris, Ile-de-France (75001, France)
Return route
Duration (1): 02:45
Distance: 247.04 km, including expressways: 238.07 km

Vehicle: Medium car
Diesel: 25.12 € (16 l to 1,55 € / L) + Tolls: FRA: 9.20 EUR [/ b] i.e. 68.64 € for the return trip.

The car with 2 people on board therefore amounts to 46% of the price of the train. With 4 people that would be half ... the car, even an "overpriced" fuel price, can be 1/5 cheaper than the train ... anything ...

Sorry I won't take the train !!
: Evil:

The purists will tell me that the price of the depreciation of the car is not included in the 2nd calculation, with good reason, but a car that does not drive is the one that costs the most per km (no?) And especially are the people who take it into account ...

ps: Mappy gave, by default a diesel price of 1,61 € and a gasoline price of 1,60, I corrected to put 1.55 but that is the diesel bar more expensive than gasoline is crossed?
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 15/06/08, 11:26

So that the price of diesel exceeds that of gasoline ... Well, it's not too early ... It had been decades when it was outrageously, much cheaper.

For the price of the train, there is another recent phenomenon:
Apart from the full price, there is a variable price of the ticket according to the period, the cards for old people, young people, subscription, festive occasions (Bourges festival). Ticket not taken at the last moment, ticket taken on the Internet ...

In short, we get lost, and this on purpose. To drown the fish.
: Evil:
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 15/06/08, 11:32

there, it is clear, since you take just a week before ...

2 months before you might have had 50% ... finished the price per kilometer!
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 15/06/08, 12:37

to, it's clear, since you take just a week before ...

2 months before you might have had 50% ... finished the price per kilometer!

Oausi but good for a trip to France of 200km, you do not necessarily plan the exact planing 2 months in advance
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 15/06/08, 12:39

And yes the train is expensive. Every time you do the math to go up to the Vosges, you lose. So we get in the car (3 + the dogo).
Not to mention that once there we would have to rent a car. And I'm not talking about putting the car on the train ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 15/06/08, 14:16

there are some who will never think of the train ...
whole regions no longer have trains or trains no longer stop ...
0 x
Toine
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Toine » 15/06/08, 16:00

SNCF, it's up to us to make you hate the train!

Ah, he can turn up the diesel before people prefer
the train, especially for carpool work trips.
Already living in the countryside, you have to take the car to
go take the train, and on arrival? !!!
And with a sncf subscription it's always twice as expensive!
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 15/06/08, 16:09

SNCF works very well ....
look at the eurostar and the talis, they are not even affected by the strikes : Mrgreen:
good TER is atre thing :D
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 15/06/08, 16:26

This is nothing new, I have done the calculation several times for over 20 years, and the train can only be compared to the car for a single person, and again ... From 2 it is better to use the car, or even alone if we add public transport tickets to the train or worse the taxi ...

Even with the large family card, the 7-seater wagon is more economical than the train despite a reduced price. Especially since when a child turns 18 and is therefore supposed to go to study, he no longer offers the right to a reduction: find the error!

Since the advent of the "automobile queen", thousands of kilometers of railways and streetcars have been dismantled with great trumpets in the name of "progress". There is and has not been any real incitement of the citizen to econology, only retaliatory measures which are being prepared by taxes: urban tolls or outright ban on the car for example ... But without the reduction of the public transport ticket which would be a fair counterpart ... When you have a captive clientele, why deprive yourself?
0 x
jessle
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jessle » 15/06/08, 18:07

the train is just profitable when you benefit from a reduction.

there is one thing that you forget is the purchase and the wear and tear, the maintenance of your car
Incorporate this into the price of your car trip and compare it with the sncf ticket.
0 x