Train transport and SNCF prices, who cares?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 17/06/08, 17:07

The most recent this WE: clutch change for 159 € of parts. The cost in the garage would probably have been 4 to 5 times higher because of the 7 hours of MO for dismantling ...

7 hours of dismantling, but what is it like a car?

I already did this on a 504 petrol a long time ago and it was quite fast, but it must be said that there was a lot of space under the hood at the time : Idea:

It is a big gain to make your own repairs provided you have a garage and tools + do not fear the oil on your hands and then you know your car better, it can avoid getting scammed.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 17/06/08, 17:21

martien007 wrote:[...] 7 hours of dismantling, but what is it like a car? [...]
An XM ... Lots of pipes everywhere and a very low hood ...

martien007 wrote:[...] I already did that on a 504 petrol a long time ago and it was quite fast, but it must be said that there was a lot of space under the hood at the time : Idea: [...]
On my old Opel Kadett from 1969, I took out the engine-gearbox assembly (with a goat) in about an hour ... :?

For the tools, the only really hard thing to find in my case, it was a socket wrench of 35 with a large extension for the wheel axle nuts (stuck at about 70-80 mkg).
The rest is very classic: socket wrenches of 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 18, 21, flat wrench of 8, flat screwdriver, square key for drain plug etc ... More 4 candles, one big rolling jack ... and a slab garage floor.

For the hands, I still have traces of black that do not leave ... and yet I had to wash my hands 15 to 20 times this WE!
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."