Electric transmission

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Former Oceano

Electric transmission

by Former Oceano » 30/08/06, 19:33

A reflection is currently launched on the forum from Velectris (where nlc bought the motor of his pedelec) on an electric transmission for recumbent bike (bent or VC) or trike (recumbent tricycle).

On these, the length of chain is very important and the guide tubes or casters consume power.

Hence the idea of ​​making a pedal generator that will drive a Brushless electric motor, making sure to optimize everything.

The weight gain obtained on the chain, the derailleurs and their control, the cables and sheaths, the trays, the cassette and the chain covers compensating the weight of the generator, the controller, the battery and the engine.

The discussion on Velectris to learn more.

I think this project is interesting because we dissociate the speed of pedaling with that of HPV and that in the case of a trike we can continue to pedal braking or stopped to produce power and recharge batteries ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 30/08/06, 23:03

The subject also inspired me.
Indeed chain transmission of recumbent bikes are their biggest drawback.
I often wondered if it would be better to do tree transmissions (acatene) inside the frame.

The "wire" transmission with electronic management is only really interesting if you can modulate the resistive torque (and therefore the output) of the generator, independently of the speed of rotation.
One can even imagine to distribute the energy of the pedaling between the propulsion and the refill. Finally, reversing and possible (very useful for trikes).
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."