Total on the selette: the Toyota do not like its diesel

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Total on the selette: the Toyota do not like its diesel

by elephant » 31/01/08, 19:40

(Belga) Some Toyota brand models do not start or have starting difficulties if you fill them up with Total diesel, "Het Laatste Nieuws" said on Wednesday.

"These are cars equipped with a D4D diesel engine which was fitted from 1999 to 2006 on the RAV4, Previa, Avensis and Corolla," says Anne Potemans of Toyota. "Some 30.000 cars in Belgium run with this engine. We do not yet know the cause of the problem. It is surprising to note that this defect only appears with diesel from Total", she adds. (NLE)

I invite you to see this topic on skynet and take a look at the reactions of readers:

http://actu.skynet.be/index.html?l1=act ... ew_lang=fr
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 31/01/08, 22:49

It is perhaps linked to the "magic" additives to consume less, which TOTAL advertises, the famous more expensive "Excellium" fuels. : Lol:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/01/08, 22:51

Not stupid: to consume less there is no better than screwing up the engine :) Are greener than I thought at Total! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

As for the comments that does not surprise me too much ... are all in cahoots the tankers ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 31/01/08, 23:51

Bad :?

I rather believe that it is about an unforeseen incompatibility between certain parts of the direct injection of D4D and certain chemical compounds of Total fuel, known for its "high technological level".

I can see a guy with a D4D who picked up the shit from the Erika. Advertising, he must hear it like that

Total, you will no longer come to us ....................
inaudible [by chance] : Lol:

This ties in with what people said about engine sophistication; by force it becomes so sensitive that it behaves as for Formula 1 which does not start at the start of the race : Lol:
Last edited by Remundo the 31 / 01 / 08, 23: 54, 1 edited once.
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 31/01/08, 23:52

Exactly, moreover their logo sums it up perfectly:
Total, you will no longer come to us by chance
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."