The false crisis automakers?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Flytox

by Flytox » 06/11/09, 23:21

Hello Obamot

"Suicide", the word is dropped. [Edit] It is probably not used in the right context. Here is my opinion.

It took me a long time to get into this thread, because it took me a while to "digest" its title ... It can leave you doubtful but ultimately it is appropriate. I will not discuss the repercussions / implications due to the financial crisis (there would be a lot to say) but the structural disorders specific to companies in the branch (see elsewhere in the industry and even in the tertiary sector: administrative, financial etc. ..)

What seems to me to characterize this crisis is a retrograde attitude of certain leaders and senior officials, and not so much of cartel agreements, as rather the beast "resistance to change which would have changed sides". In short, we simply put incapable people in places they should never have occupied.

Among them, these HR managers - newly disembarked - who imagined through the "new management" (coming straight from across the Atlantic) that they had found the panacea to their problem: either to "drive" the staff. As if the simple fact of having described the problem had been enough to apprehend it with the help of reassuring techniques taught during "high-flying seminars" which, alas, could have been used to humanize the man and make the work fascinating. rather than relying on "operating methods" and "models" ...

They were totally wrong amha. THE MASTER WORD that had to be found was: TRUST and not governance through FEAR, as it is true that we were / have fallen back into the trap of the three "CONs" of the beginning of the modern industrial era and dear to Mc Gregor. To know:

DRIVE, CONTRACT and CONTROL. No, sometimes it got worse! Since the staff has also been: destabilized.

While at the same time we talk to him about "Early prevention" and "Corporate culture". (It is also a great success among those who apply these principles with ethical rules and a dreadful disaster among others).

Where has Masslow's healthy "man-at-work motivation" gone?

And supposed to bring the man to "the ultimate fulfillment" through his professional career.

The new management is synonymous with increasingly unbearable "constraints" of all kinds or even coercion, whereas in principle it would have been necessary to do the opposite: that employees progress on their own (basic rule of elementary psychology) and emancipate themselves in the company. We have chosen the sideline of short-sighted profits and sometimes without any specific objectives. This is the first stage of the direct application of a lacunar theory based on a historically erroneous postulate: "the employee is not motivated by nature" - "he is therefore a priori himself guilty of his status" - you have to watch it (I am not far from what I observed in my explanation, but in fact it is much more serious ...) so the "motivated employee" is once again "enslaved employee", the difference is sizeable, it no longer places "the man" at the center of concerns.

The proof that it is much more serious: suicides in paddle in this branch of industry, even in telecoms and administration (we are only talking about it now ...) employees have completely lost their bearings and do not know more to trust.

So it is quite simply a failure, because the executives have failed in the mission of putting all the forces of the company "to work" thanks to daring and innovation.

Why? The button press generation has arrived and with it the internet. Everything is immediately available in two steps three clicks ... We zap on careers as on skills. "Freedom" is within everyone's reach, but we no longer really know how to integrate it into the "workspace" ...

The real indecrotters are these incompetent people whose role was to find innovative management solutions. They are probably the only ones who still "resist change" in today's professional life which has become so ... "modern". By relying on "solutions" sold and come from elsewhere, but absolutely not adapted to the situation, they had to acquire the "power" necessary to retain their prerogatives (not to say something else when speaking of a real system of predation in the most extreme cases ...).

Today there are hardly any unsaved employees, whose daily challenge is to challenge themselves while adopting a low profile so as not to be noticed ...

It is so true that at Renault, it is in R&D that employees have been the most affected by the wave of “suicides” shaking the world of work ...

+1

In the deviances of our new managers like those you describe, they put forward the concept ofteam up , job collaborative, the need to obtain the consent of all to move in the same direction, to maintain the objectives of "the company", of quality etc .......

In fact the more they hold this speech to go "together"plus the" land "is used for obtainingpersonal goals, the company will recover whatever may of the "benefits" of the decisions taken. In a context where only the result / indicator counts, whatever the means used to obtain it. It is the apogee of egocentrism and individualism that reigns, the slightest pretext becomes a struggle for power or influence where everyone pulls the cover to themselves, there is no low blow, there is no 'There are only people who are not able to keep the objectives set by management .... these new managers have become like our politicians, unable to understand the simple words "shame, abuse or crap", they are tips for the weak and the ignorant.
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 07/11/09, 11:28

About suicides at the Renault Technocentre: the overwhelming audit (2007), management by terror:

http://www.france-info.com/france-justi ... -9-11.html .

The classification "Without continuation" (in 2009). The suicides at the Renault Technocentre closed without follow-up:
http://www.france-info.com/france-justi ... -9-11.html
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 07/11/09, 15:52

Thank you for these links which are very telling.

The prosecution did not (no doubt) estimate (because it did not see it, or wanted to see it) the dichotomy however obvious between:
- "creative" work which has its own requirements and challenges;
- “productivity” imperatives with unbearable time constraints and mobbing.
- a huge attachment to the corporate culture.

But if one death is not enough, where will we stop "progress"?

It is however "the tragic moment" of this judgment which makes it clear that these people have died twice.

[Edit] They are moreover, with regard to a kind of "post-mortem psychiatric" diagnosis passed from the status of "victim" to that of "patient responsible for their condition".

Indeed: if they had been "sane" they would have had to change jobs, experts say ... (another thing for PBS, don't you think?)

In fact it is nothing, in this type of case:
- employees are trapped, purely and simply, by a "system". System set up by the incompetents previously mentioned above and who should never have found themselves at this decision-making and hierarchical level.
- employees are trapped by a deception: neither the framework conditions of engagement, nor the conditions of remuneration are generally followed or respected.

Employees complained about these working conditions by making insubordination (or probably seen as such), they could not do otherwise, because it was indeed "their torturers" who had brought them where they had arrived. (guilt, despair, suicide) it was therefore necessary for the hierarchy to know it. The Tribunal undoubtedly did not want to take the step of punishing the entire hierarchy ....
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 11/11/09, 19:15

Nice analysis. A designer, in the automobile or elsewhere, can never work under pressure, he no longer creates anything. Mobbing destroys the business, the economy, then the country.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 11/11/09, 21:53

Thank you. It would interest me to bounce back on what you say, is it "a feeling" or "experience". Can you develop?
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 12/11/09, 06:23

Hello

astonishing already that no "suicide" of the companies cited had the idea of ​​"committing suicide" their direct boss because there is the cause of the problem.
the leaders pass their orders on to the subordinates, who pass them on and enforce them without any tact, otherwise the situation will not be where it is now.

classification without result amounts to clearing all the subordinates of their responsibility, and the dead will continue, no doubt.

in another kind of case, all the dead of the 2nd world war are to be attributed to Hitler alone, all his officers have only carried out the orders and are therefore innocent of all charges which would weigh on them. and yet the international courts have condemned all the subordinates (not all of them unfortunately unfortunately), no classification without action ... so when there are deaths, according to their nature, there will therefore be a different method of judgment.

When I was working in a company, if my boss was shown to be a little too brittle or devaluing, always demanding more, I would certainly have started by putting his head in the towel! possible conviction for assault and willful injury, but alive though.

my participation here is not very philosophical but i express my raw ideas here as i think they are.

jeff
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 12/11/09, 09:55

Obamot wrote:Thank you. It would interest me to bounce back on what you say, is it "a feeling" or "experience". Can you develop?

The economy, business, the subject is vast!

I started a business when I was thirty, I naively believed that the problems of the company were financial or technical, I quickly understood that the problems of a company were only human. The company is a fabric of human relations, if we pull too much on the fabric there are meshes which crack, if we insist, the fabric tears.

Léo

:D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/01/11, 03:16

And the foutage de gueule continues ...

Roooh the poor industrial cars ... forced to be subsidized ... to better relocate at all costs ...

Renault announces record global sales for 2010

With 2,625 million vehicles sold worldwide, Renault broke its world sales record in 2010. Sales of the three brands of the group (Renault, Dacia and Samsung) increased by 13,7% compared to 2009, in a market up 11,8%.

"We are delighted with the group's record sales results in 2010, surpassing the 2005 record," Jérôme Stoll, deputy general manager of trade and commercial vehicles, said on Monday. On the French market, sales rose 6,1%, to nearly 750 vehicles.

This year, Renault hopes to take advantage of the growth in the world market, which it believes should grow by 4%, with 73 million vehicles. "It is on the international market, as in 2010, that we will seek the growth of our volumes, "Mr Stoll told reporters. "International should represent 43% of the group's sales", against 37% in 2010, he said.

The French automaker's global market share has now reached 3,7%, a slight increase compared to 2009. The group is improving its positions in almost all countries, except Germany. In Europe, the market share gain was 1,1 points, which enabled Renault to become the second brand (passenger and utility vehicles) behind Volkswagen. The group is becoming a little more globalized: sales outside Europe reached 37%, compared to 34% in 2009. International sales jumped 26%.

Since Renault has very little presence in China, the emerging countries on which it focuses its efforts are Brazil, Russia and even Algeria, markets to which must be added Korea.

(...)

http://www.lemonde.fr/economie/article/ ... _3234.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/01/11, 03:20

coucou789456 wrote:astonishing already that no "suicide" of the companies cited had the idea of ​​"committing suicide" their direct boss because there is the cause of the problem.

Simply because a "good" leader is a good manipulator, which consists, among other things, in making his subordinates feel guilty.

Lesson number 9: https://www.econologie.com/forums/strategie- ... 10016.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/02/12, 17:30

No comment...

http://www.lemonde.fr/economie/article/ ... _3234.html

Volkswagen posts stratospheric profit of 15,4 billion euros

LEMONDE.FR | 24.02.12 | 16h37

This figure is simply stratospheric, a record any category in the automotive industry. Friday, February 24, Volkswagen, by far the leading European car group, announced a group share of net profit of 15,4 billion euros for 2011.

That's two and a half times more than the previous year, which saw VW post a comfortable profit of 6,8 billion euros. The Wolfsburg company achieved operating income of 11,3 billion euros, up 57,8% year on year. Its turnover jumped 25,5% to 159,3 billion euros.

The strong growth in these results, which are still provisional - the final results will be detailed on March 12 - can be explained in several ways. In November, the group consolidated in its accounts the truck manufacturer MAN, which it bought in full. But the group especially managed to sell 8,27 million vehicles worldwide last year, its historic record: it is indeed an increase of 14,7% over a year.

POWER

"Das Auto" is all the more impressive as all of its brands have posted double-digit growth around the world, enabling substantial market share gains: VW at + 13,1% (5,1 million cars), Audi at + 19,2% (1,3 million), Skoda at + 15,3% (880), VW commercial vehicles at + 000% (21,4). Only Seat saw a modest increase of 530% (000). Apart from Brazil, all the markets have smiled on VW, particularly China and the United States.

At the Detroit Motor Show in January, Christian Klingler, VW's global sales director, recalled that what interests his group is neither the year 2011 nor the year 2012, but 2018. At this date , the group wants to sell 10 million vehicles and become world number one. To achieve this, the group will invest by then 60 billion euros in the development of vehicles and production bases ... With its five hundred thousand employees, today, Volkswagen is not looking "not for size, but for power. ". Financial.
Philippe Jacqué
0 x