The bike of the future

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Surfeurseb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Surfeurseb » 29/09/09, 13:23

Large user of utility motorcycle (50000 km on the odometer),
at 2.7 l per 100 average (but 95 km / h max), the bike of the future would be a "feet first" for me, as the English speakers say.
Basically the motorcycle equivalent of the recumbent bike for the standard bike.
Less wind resistance, better weather protection, better security (lower CG), reduced consumption (better than 2.7l, there is still room even if we can be satisfied!)

the best: sufficiently sheltered to have a radio "motorcycle"!

You just have to wait ... even if I no longer believe in Santa Claus : Cheesy:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 29/09/09, 14:33

So, are you thinking about the hoes of the future? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Aumicron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Aumicron » 29/09/09, 14:46

Surfeurseb, like this?

Image Image

More info on the Quasar

http://www.appeldephare.com/motos/quasar.html
0 x
To argue.
parfaitelumiere
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by parfaitelumiere » 30/09/09, 17:39

Saubsurfer, you're absolutely right for the recumbent motorcycle.
At first that was what I thought, and I thought about the safety of the recumbent trike.
I find this driving position great, it's something that I really like.
Then I thought of the aero too, and the concern on a recumbent motorcycle is that it weighs heavily, and to keep it from one foot to a stop ...
This is one more reason which made me opt for three wheels, with another advantage, we can completely close the cabin, and gain more aero.
But I would like the vehicle to behave on a motorcycle when cornering, despite the three wheels, a bit like an MP3, a brudeli or other wacky projects.
For the moment I am working on the base of the vehicle, between a trike lying on a motorbike and a car, in fact it would be a motor vehicle ...
I thought about the profile (more comfortable marathon shell, with a slightly wider track too.
and on the running gear, rear of 125 and rear wheels of other 125 for the front wheels, I wanted to mold the seat to my back to have comfort without the weight.
I would like a 6Kw motor, without knowing how much acceleration it will give, but I would still like something not too powerful.
What is funny is that the tricycle is in fashion it seems, I know many who have a small tricycle in the head ...
Citro, you finished this bike, it drives well, I saw a guy from Lyon who made a wooden trike, super fun!
0 x
Sap can!
Surfeurseb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Surfeurseb » 30/09/09, 21:30

Aumicron wrote:Surfeurseb, like this?

Image Image

More info on the Quasar

http://www.appeldephare.com/motos/quasar.html

Yes, a bit like that.

But unlike Perfect Light, I put more on the simplicity of design, already just lower the position of the pilot and put his feet forward. A small fairing just right, and presto!
0 x
Surfeurseb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Surfeurseb » 30/09/09, 21:41

a little more like this:

with a slightly more worked fork head, a slightly more extended position.
0 x
Surfeurseb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Surfeurseb » 30/09/09, 21:46

Well, there is ecstasy (but in the simple genre, we will go back ...):

: Cheesy:

: Shock:

Ben, on the other hand, for the choice of the engine, a 1400 cc turbocharged, it's a little too much.
On that with a 125 cm3 and a reasonable weight, it could give a very frequentable toy.

While I'm at it, the site where I found these photos:

http://www.bikeweb.com/image/tid/13

And yes, while some "surf" the net, others are tinkering in their garages, and good!
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 30/09/09, 23:49

dirk pitt wrote:
harry ravi wrote:You have to be careful with the turbo on two wheels, it can make surprises when cornering especially when the ground is wet.

old urban legend dating from the time when the turbo was very progressive.
we now know how to make turbos that deliver very progressive pressure from low revs.
Yea! It dates from the time of the Kawa ZX 750 Turbo which was really not progressive, but that is prehistory in the field of engine control ...
And in addition, in oil it has never really been the case! And it will probably never be with a Smart CDI engine !!!
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 01/10/09, 10:58

Surfeurseb wrote:Well, there is ecstasy (but in the simple genre, we will go back ...):

Ben, on the other hand, for the choice of the engine, a 1400 cc turbocharged, it's a little too much.
On that with a 125 cm3 and a reasonable weight, it could give a very frequentable toy.

While I'm at it, the site where I found these photos:

http://www.bikeweb.com/image/tid/13

And yes, while some "surf" the net, others are tinkering in their garages, and good!

Great, it looks like a wheel glider cabin : Mrgreen: , I love !
In the aerodynamic and light genre, it is hardly better than a glider, but you have to see what it looks like on the road, it must be very interesting :D !
0 x
parfaitelumiere
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by parfaitelumiere » 03/10/09, 10:12

it's very good that, in fact it's almost what I would like but on three wheels, because I don't see how it does when stopped there ....

shit I had not seen the wheels, it's rotten lol!

No, apart from the wheels the thing is great, very close to what I have in my head, we just put two wheels at the front.
0 x
Sap can!