Revenge of the GPL

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 27/09/08, 10:43

coucou789456 wrote:
citro wrote:In France, the majority of sellers can only sell diesel vehicles in mechanical boxes ...
Me who appreciates LPG and Auto boxes (well yes we are in the 21st century and mopeds have been around since the 50s) ... :? :x

in the 21st century, but still obscurantism, passing a license on an automatic gearbox will still be considered as a disabled license! and do not talk to sellers of sp95 in go or acetone in gasoline: it warns asylum immediately.

Right, but who is responsible for the auto box? A car with an automatic transmission is extremely hard to sell secondhand, nobody wants it. Just look at the pages of the free newspapers or even Ouest-France, the automatic secondhands are classified separately with the carts and cars for the disabled.
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 27/09/08, 12:23

Hello
and 4x4 vehicles too, convertibles, etc ... I have one with an automatic gearbox (and sequential: we don't stop progress), I am very satisfied, it is not for sale and c is already my 5th with automatic gearbox. the first, bought 1 months after my license, in 6.
however, how much clutch to change causes those who make it skate excessively, and bad gear ratio when you want to double ... and the caps, the starts on the side (no problem with an auto gearbox) you will tell me, it's a question of habit, even of reflex! but when you see some old people driving, the automatic transmission should be imposed on them!
just like the LPG, always the same bashing.

jeff

ps: people who buy a vehicle with an automatic gearbox do not do it to resell it right after, and don't worry, those who seek it peel the classified ads, which unfortunately remain empty most of the time
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 27/09/08, 15:19

Things may change: my son is taking the license right now and there is only one automatic car (a Nissan), but it is the one most in demand by young people. :D

The other handicap of the automatic was the unjustified surcharge at the level of fiscal CVs.
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 27/09/08, 21:00

Good evening
this found on another forum :
http://forum.aufeminin.com/forum/pratiq ... tique.html

Hello

I would like to clarify a few points for people who take hours of driving on an automatic car.
I myself am enrolled in a driving school and I will pass my license on an automatic car, actually when I get the license it will be mentioned on the driving license but this will not prevent me from driving a mechanical car thereafter and still happy!!! for that, you just have to wait 4 months after obtaining the permit returned to your driving school and validate on a mechanical car. my instructor gave me all this information when he offered to drive an automatic car.
Good luck to everyone.

jeff
0 x
m_you49
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by m_you49 » 28/09/08, 11:54

Hello
I have for my leisure, an all terrain vehicle jeep cherokee, 2.5 gpl. there no problem,

For my leisure, I have a bicycle. With a good starchy diet, it also works on gas.
Enough joke, but a 2.5 l 6 cylinders no doubt, what does it make for leisure?
We have had LPG vehicles for a few years: a Fiat Punto which briskly exceeds 200 km with classic and regular maintenance for my wife's job. A Logan equipped with LPG for 000 months which runs without worry and which exceeds 18 km, replacing a 20 LPG sold at over 000 km without major concern, with conventional maintenance.
It is true that you have to come across a real LPG pro and not a opportunistic mechanic margoulin for installation and monitoring.
Despite everything, we consume a little more. As a result, the CO² emitted is substantially identical to petrol propulsion, but less shitty particles are returned than petrol and especially diesel.
Diesel particulate filters do not block everything and allow the finest, which are easily inhaled, to pass through. Ask the mechanics who replace them what they breathe. Ask the otorhinos what they see.
We are dealing with problems as serious as asbestos, because we do not touch the automobile manufacturers.
Here too, business is business, we make you sick, but we treat you, that creates jobs.
Come on, life is good and that's good!
Good Sunday.
0 x
Mil'd49
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 03/10/08, 23:27

Good evening

it is a 2.5 l 4 cylinder LPG

why buy such a vehicle: for 3 reasons.
LPG, all terrain, and white in color
white color because given the sun that there is in my corner, it is that or the air conditioning that works thoroughly. all terrain is better because the paths are often very chaotic, only rocky most of the time and difficult to access for classic cars, or on foot and well shod. LPG for consumption, of course.
a pity anyway because I hardly ever use 4 wheel drive, or even the slow speed of the transfer case. a pity because there is apparently a vehicle of the same type only in 2WD but not imported into France! (less energy intensive: significant loss in mechanics).

jeff
0 x
valucjean
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

revenge of lpg

by valucjean » 04/10/08, 21:56

Bonsoir a tous
After reading all your messages I see that the LPG is not quite dead.
For my part, we have 2 xantia 1.8 i LPG cars (276000 km) and a 1.8 i zafira (96000 km for sale) for, the xantia is equipped with an Italian quit which has been operating since 1998 and yes 10 years already without any problems , and the zafira is equipped with a Dutch quit since 2005 also without problem and with the advantage of having no difference in driving between petrol and LPG which is not the case for the Italian quit, it is also necessary specify the generation difference, the first single point injection and the second multipoint.
I would still have a clarification to say that the engine of the xantia was equipped at 72000 km and after that there are people who reported to me that the engine will not pass the 100000 km, part as its I think cheerfully exceed the 300000 km, to follow.
My intention is to sell the zafira (more utility of a 7 places) for a smaller car, if someone had an idea it would be welcome.

Valucjean
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 04/10/08, 22:35

Good evening

although this is not the place to talk about it, what year is your zafira, and how much do you sell it, precision no less negligible.

jeff
0 x
valucjean
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

revenge of lpg

by valucjean » 05/10/08, 09:40

Hello
To answer the question knowing that this is not part of the subject: The xantia is from 1995 and the zafira and from 2003 voila, for more precision it would be desirable to contact this by email or by such, thank you in advance.
To continue on the subject, all car salesmen (those that I have been able to contact are more than icy cold when we broach the subject of LPG "danger of explosion, no more manufacturer's warranty, there is no no pump and I'm going and the best "enough to discourage the common people. There are many vehicles equipped with gnv by manufacturers but the problem is Corsican for me because in the Annecy basin there is only 'a station reserved for the professional, I wonder then to make as much ecological fuss? because it is not so old that its manufacturers offered standard LPG vehicles
valucjean
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 05/10/08, 10:22

: Arrow: if you want a smaller lpg car, one of the more reasonable choices is the chevrolet / daewwo kalos.
The bumpers are fragile but the vehicle seems to me well designed, reliability and mechanical accessibility very satisfactory. In LPG these vehicles are generally equipped with Nécam, an excellent Dutch brand.
Compared to a Renault, changing the spark plugs, filters, bulbs is a breeze and takes only a few minutes while it is counted in hours of labor on the French ... : Evil:

For the LPG, 2 forums reference:
The former for archives and a wealth of exceptional information.
Forum Fever
And the new one, lpg.forumowers
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."