French and the clean car

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

French and the clean car

by Christophe » 01/10/06, 11:52

An overwhelming majority of French people (94%) say they are "a lot" or "quite" interested in having a clean car, according to a survey by the LH2-MAAF-Le Parisien Institute to be published on Saturday in Le Parisien / Aujourd ' 'hui in France.

Asked about "the fact of having a clean car, which does not pollute", 64% of those polled say they are "very" interested. 30% say they are "quite".

Almost one in two respondents (46%) thinks that the priority of the State in this area should be "to help industrial research in this sector".

http://fr.biz.yahoo.com/30092006/202/ne ... iture.html

A few comments

1) This survey is stupid because the clean CAR does NOT exist and will NOT exist for a few good years ...

2) It would have been interesting to ask during this survey a question of the type: "In what type of vehicle are you currently driving (in the city since it must be Parisians)?"

Speech is easy ... but in fact and in practice? How many of these 94% who run on oil (at least in part)? We know the answer ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

3) What also makes me laugh are the Parisian surveys always extrapolated to the whole of France ...
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 01/10/06, 12:18

3) What also makes me laugh are the Parisian surveys always extrapolated to the whole of France ...

+1 and not that the polls all the debates on the car turn only on the big cities.
How many inhabitants of Marly-gomont take the metro oubus to go to the bakery at 8 km?
(it's just an example : Cheesy: ).
By cons when it comes to taxing it is for everyone.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/10/06, 12:45

delnoram wrote:How many inhabitants of Marly-gomont take the metro oubus to go to the bakery at 8 km?

Still, many Parisians I know, thanks to the metro, do NOT have a car at all, and that's a good point!
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 01/10/06, 12:51

The French and the clean car
Personally, I often wash my teeth, my hands ...
But I never wash my car, nor do I vacuum my car.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/10/06, 13:02

Already known Gegyx ...

"The only clean car is the one that comes out of Elephant Bleu or CarWash"
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 01/10/06, 13:12

Christophe wrote:
delnoram wrote:How many inhabitants of Marly-gomont take the metro or bus to go to the bakery at 8 km?

Still, many Parisians I know, thanks to the metro, do NOT have a car at all, and that's a good point!

Did you insinuate that everyone must go to live in Paris or that each of the 36000 French municipalities must install a metro? :D

I'm not saying that bus or subway is not good on the contrary, but we must realize that the solutions applicable to large cities are not necessarily all to medium and small cities and even less to villages, taxes they don't take that into account.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"

"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/10/06, 13:57

No I said that a large part of the Parisians I knew did not have a car and traveled exclusively by metro ...

Obviously I do not know a lot of Parisians either (and they are rather young) ... so hard to generalize!
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 02/10/06, 10:45

What would have interested me is that they ask the following question to 94% for or "enough for":

"If that clean car were to cost you more than a 'dirty' car, how much would you accept the extra cost?"
With as possible answers:
  • 0%,
  • from 1 to 10%,
  • from 11 to 33%,
  • from 33 to 50%,
  • more than 50%

I do not know what you think, but I am firmly convinced that almost all the answers would have been in the first 2 answers ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/10/06, 11:01

I bet 0% to 10% ...

It's simple everyone wants to be clean but that it is the others who pay (tax relief ..) ...

Here is one of the harmful consequences of Ademe or other subsidies:

"Ah well if I make an effort to pollute less, I TWO be subsidized ".... Big mistake ....
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The French and the clean car

by Woodcutter » 02/10/06, 20:06

Christophe wrote:[...] 1) This survey is stupid because the clean CAR does NOT exist and will NOT exist for a few good years ...
This survey is made ON the general public and FOR the general public, therefore with general public vocabulary ...
For many, an LPG car is a clean car ...
Being at the forefront in certain areas does not exempt from being also aware of what's going on at the base ...

Christophe wrote:2) It would have been interesting to ask during this survey a question like: "In what type of vehicle are you currently driving (in town since it must be Parisians)?".
See below.

Christophe wrote:Speech is easy ... but in fact and in practice? How many of these 94% who run on oil (at least in part)? We know the answer ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: .
To say "many "or" somewhat "interested in having a clean car does not have much to do, in my opinion, with the militant act which consists in obtaining oil, making its mixture and risking being gaule at a customs control ... It brings what to the comment from the poll what kind of comparisons?

Christophe wrote:3) What also makes me laugh are the Parisian surveys always extrapolated to the whole of France ...

This survey was carried out by telephone on September 15 and 16, on a sample of 1.062 people aged 15 and over, according to the quota method.
Normally, the quota method ensures a faithful image of French society, not parian ... : roll:

Have you lost your scientific side these days, Christophe? :| You had accustomed me to more rigor in your comments, even if you like to "demolish" from time to time ... (I do it too, I don't criticize).

For my part, I find it interesting that the first criterion of the "ideal car of the future" is not safety ... (because in LOREMO, that's not what is put forward ... : Wink:)
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."