The EGR valve operation and explanations

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 23/08/07, 11:19

A2E wrote:
Christophe wrote:This is a mecacyls seller who wrote this review? : roll:

ps: your signature is still in the format of forum 2005 could you modify it stp?

Yes, it is completely possible ! especially since he could have made a video to accredit his experiment (for the famous septic tanks) as well as a bailiff report!
I will try to find out more ...

I updated my profile 2 times and my signature stays that way I can't do anything sorry! : Evil:

A2E: did you find the cause of your EGR valve problem (abnormal heating of the stainless steel exhaust gas recycling tube)? thank you. it can always be interesting. I like to know the causes of the problems. This is why I have cars which I can still control (not 100% but I am improving over time).
When I will be forced to switch to modern vehicles stuffed with electronics, I will be "sick" of not being able to question the diagnosis of the pro who can rip off as much as he wants by telling any salad about the breakdown .
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 23/08/07, 11:22

zac wrote:
jean63 wrote:Thank you Zac ...... let's see the P18 from mecarun. Does it replace the C99 or is it in addition to the C99?

Hello
it is in addition, it has nothing to do: the p18 reduces engine friction by hardening the surface layer of metals; the c99 improves the fuel therefore the combustion (among others).

@+

OK, thanks zac for this info.

The mecacyls maybe it works too? have you tested zac?
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 23/08/07, 12:16

jean63 wrote:
A2E wrote:
Christophe wrote:This is a mecacyls seller who wrote this review? : roll:

ps: your signature is still in the format of forum 2005 could you modify it stp?

Yes, it is completely possible ! especially since he could have made a video to accredit his experiment (for the famous septic tanks) as well as a bailiff report!
I will try to find out more ...

I updated my profile 2 times and my signature stays that way I can't do anything sorry! : Evil:

A2E: did you find the cause of your EGR valve problem (abnormal heating of the stainless steel exhaust gas recycling tube)? thank you. it can always be interesting. I like to know the causes of the problems. This is why I have cars which I can still control (not 100% but I am improving over time).
When I will be forced to switch to modern vehicles stuffed with electronics, I will be "sick" of not being able to question the diagnosis of the pro who can rip off as much as he wants by telling any salad about the breakdown .

No unfortunately Jean!
but may be due to the purchase of 100% diesel in supermarkets because cheaper than elsewhere? (but with tank bottom residues as rumor suggests)
and then 170km on the odometer the fouling is normal I think!
for now the EGR alarm has not yet turned on so ... I would have to disassemble this tubing but the nuts seem to me somewhat welded to the exhaust pipe! :frown:
to be continued ... :|
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 23/08/07, 12:24

AE wrote:

for now the EGR alarm has not yet turned on so ... I would have to disassemble this tubing but the nuts seem to me somewhat welded to the exhaust pipe!
to be continued ...

..... I would be surprised if you had an EGR warning light or alarm on a 1999 vehicle.
It is true that at 170000 km, we can have problems: if the mechanic I know lived near you, he dismantles that and plugs the hole ... finished the problems + a shot of C99 to clean and it's off for 170000 km !!!

The 2002 Jumpy 1,9 D (no turbo or DPF) has no alarm or indicator light. They put that on the diesels after 2003 and only HDI I believe (those which have the "on board" electronics which controls and which sees all ..... but too early or too late often: I read interesting articles on these subjects but I would have to find them).
If you want to know more you type "EGR valve" in google and you will find yourself in forums where they only talk about that (people who have -or had- problems even with the EGR valve on NEW cars 407, 607 etc;: .. amazing to read).
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 23/08/07, 16:09

Christophe wrote:I didn't think Zac was "addicted" to petroleum additives : Mrgreen:

meuhhhhhhhhh no I'm not drugged, I test and if it decreases the consumption by increasing the lifespan of the "beast" I take. I'm not obtuse; just extreme: always at the most efficient : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

three drops of oil is better than a new drill that will go around the planet 3 times before I break it :P

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
max2
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

EGR

by max2 » 18/10/10, 14:59

Well me this egr valve will have cost me 750 euros lately. It is really a very expensive component, especially since it is the second time that I have to do with this solenoid valve, once on a zafira and there on a laguna 2.

rather look at the condition of the part after disassembly done by Renault technicians:

I wonder if this solenoid valve can be bypassed without causing long term damage to the engine?

in any case, with all the dirt on it we can be sure that it does its job by filtering out particles harmful to our planet (but the wallet ...)
0 x
oliburn
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by oliburn » 20/10/10, 06:29

I know Mr. MECACYL well, he is also the inventor of a
caravan stabilizer called RACIO
its product is effective but does not enter atoms : Mrgreen:
it's just antifriction, basically it's diluted silicone ...
I worked with him on the bridge noises of Ford Transit in
1995 and it was not conclusive !!! it is not a miracle product either ... when at the EGR valve of my transit a long time ago that I
made it inactive!
0 x
Be your own torch, your own refuge, your own master ... "
paotop
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by paotop » 20/10/10, 09:07

...... as for the mécarun P18 it is in fact "militec-1" imported from the United States and reconditioned with a beautiful label ...

It is a very effective anti-friction developed at the base to avoid the containment of automatic weapons.

but all that is EGR valve, catamaran, FAP, etc. are only there to compensate for the poor quality of fuel combustion in an internal combustion engine ...

a solution ? water doping ......
0 x