The EGR valve operation and explanations

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/08/07, 08:39

1999 it seems a bit early for the FAP but we never know ... you will have to find the info on the manufacturer's website ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/08/07, 09:09

jean63 wrote: Article very well on just EGR Auto-Plus on 2 pages. I have at home: this is where I discovered the scam when my son bought his diesel Jumpy, which made me interested to diesel (EGR valve, particles and Co.).

It is you who scanned these pages 2 I think it dates from September 2005 about because Jumpy bought in August 2005.

1) Are there any 3 pages?

2) Oh no it's not me who scanned it ... would have remembered anyway :)

3) So you're on the source? Auto plus?
0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 22/08/07, 09:43

After talking to the foreman of my dealership. he told me that there was no DPF on my model and a little precision on his part: "a lot of trouble avoided!" and to effectively clean the EGR valves he advised me to add a fuel additive like "Metal5" or better "Ecotec".
When do you think ? : Shock:
Last edited by A2E the 22 / 08 / 07, 10: 20, 1 edited once.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 22/08/07, 10:15

Christophe wrote:
jean63 wrote: Article very well on just EGR Auto-Plus on 2 pages. I have at home: this is where I discovered the scam when my son bought his diesel Jumpy, which made me interested to diesel (EGR valve, particles and Co.).

It is you who scanned these pages 2 I think it dates from September 2005 about because Jumpy bought in August 2005.

1) Are there any 3 pages?

2) Oh no it's not me who scanned it ... would have remembered anyway :)

3) So you're on the source? Auto plus?

OK there are 3 pages.

I found the photocopies: it appeared in "Auto-Moto" (I do not have the publication date on my copies.
I think it was I who scanned and sent these copies on the econology site in September 2005 (date of the 01 / 09 / 2005 photocopies).

This article is very well done.

To respond to A2E, it is possible to clean by adding to the full tank of diesel an additive such as injector cleaner, "special common-rail TDI" (Redex or Mobil): this is what is written in the article on page 1 of this subject in "Preventive remedy: a special" common rail "additive.

The mechanic where I saw ten EGR valves disassembled and fouled to the gole, remove the recycling pipe and mouth the hole with a custom metal piece ... or when it is not possible, disconnects the device that opens or closes the valve (very simple on the 1,9D engine of PSA mounted on the 306, Jumpy Citroën among others).

The valve thus remains permanently closed and the soot of the exhaust no longer clogs the intake.

The best is to dismantle and clean all the clogged part and to NEUTRALIZE THIS useless SYSTEM which takes the "wacky DIY" (see article): it goes very well at the technical control and in addition they are aware that some neutralize them ( I talked about it with the guy where I have my vehicles checked).
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 22/08/07, 10:34

To respond to A2E, it is possible to clean by adding to the full tank of diesel an additive such as injector cleaner, "special common-rail TDI" (Redex or Mobil): this is what is written in the article on page 1 of this subject in "Preventive remedy: a special" common rail "additive.

My engine is not a common rail TDI but a simple TD without FPA or catalytic converter but with anyway this EGR.

Thank you Jean! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/08/07, 10:38

Ok thanks Jean for the info, I rectified :)
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 22/08/07, 11:01

Hello

I use c99 to treat fuel (mac daube oil) and the EGR valves do not clog anymore; but on my personal vehicles I turn them automatically.

That way I'm not emmered anymore : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 22/08/07, 11:09

A2E wrote:

My engine is not a common rail TDI but a simple TD without FPA or catalytic converter but with anyway this EGR.

Thank you Jean! : Mrgreen:

The solution for you is to remove this valve by plugging the hole (if you're handyman) and cleaning after disassembly all the dirty part.

Why is the stainless steel tube heating? Check engine running if accelerating the gases normally expel exhaust (trying to plug with a carton: maybe the exhaust manifold + the pot (the) are clogged with soot (like a pipe of stove).

Your car has how many kms? how long has the exhaust been replaced?

there may be another cause ...... see the mechanic: if he's serious, he won't tell you about a "salad"!

Yeah, I forgot the C99 sold on the internet (thanks zac). I have to buy some for the Jumpy 1,9D and still not done.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 22/08/07, 11:49

Small HS for Zac and Jean: I fished this on a forum 4x4, read what follows is rather amazing! :

"the only product that holds up is mecacyls, a most incredible product. You use one dose for the engine, one dose for the gearbox, axle, injection system, it's incredible.
For information, a demonstration took place in the suburbs of Bordeaux. A bmw 525 I, put on a bridge, setting up mecacyls in the engine oil, is left rotated, for setting up for 15 minutes. Then we empty the hula crankcase, engine alumed, let trouner for another 15 minutes (engine without oil), then disassembly of the card d (oil, engine always on), and we connect a jet water for watered low engine during 5 minutes. Finally stopped the engine (after more than 20 minutes without oil). Have disassembled, the rod bearing, and incredible, in are nine, not even a primer tightening. We go back, oil delivery, and walk for more than 30 minutes with this bmw, no problem.
FYI, on a TT output, with a BJ, on a huge rock, there is 4 years, drilling the engine oil card. Back to town, closer, oil pressure (more oil pressure), no problem, repair, oil delivery and finished the 4x4 output + 30000 miles without problem, after resale.
This product does not put a protective layer on the metal, but enters directly into the metal particles (atoms).
It also exists for motorcycles, is used in shlesser buggies, and by the WW team, + set up in the desoude team.
It really is a very effective product. It is also used by the HONDA team for enduro du touquet "

What do you think about this great product? (Perhaps it would be necessary to recreate a subject on it so as not to pollute it unnecessarily)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/08/07, 11:53

This is a mecacyls seller who wrote this review? : roll:

ps: your signature is still in the format of forum 2005 could you modify it stp?
0 x