The car of the future

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: The car of the future

by A.D. 44 » 04/12/20, 23:52

Erratum: the latest version would only be sold for 63000 ... phew. : Wink:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 05/12/20, 07:19

Well what ... If it can be everyone's car ... 30% in debt on a universal income of 1000 € monthly ... You pay it in 21 years ... l
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 05/12/20, 08:30

Fueled by hydrogen produced from hydrocarbons, sold at least at 10 € per Kg ... neither ecological nor economical, the best!
1 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 05/12/20, 15:50

€ 80000, I don't think so. It would be around $ 65000.

With the ecological bonus, we are not far from the price of high-end plug-in hybrids.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 05/12/20, 15:57

Forhorse wrote:Fueled by hydrogen produced from hydrocarbons, sold at least at 10 € per Kg ... neither ecological nor economical, the best!

Oh yes...

45 million tonnes of hydrogen are consumed each year in refineries for the desulphurization of fuels, mainly GO. When we run Diesel or gasoline we are already running on hydrogen ... This hydrogen is produced with natural gas. There, it does not bother anyone ... : Cheesy:

With these 45 million tonnes of hydrogen, we could run several hundred million cars like this Toyota Mirai. (1 kg of H2 per 100 km, the calculation is easy to do).
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 05/12/20, 16:04

Forhorse wrote:Fueled by hydrogen produced from hydrocarbons, sold at least at 10 € per Kg ... neither ecological nor economical, the best!

Producing hydrogen with natural gas pollutes a lot. So to avoid that, natural gas, we burn it:

I caricature, but it is a reality, alas.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 07/12/20, 14:58

Leo Maximus wrote:€ 80000, I don't think so. It would be around $ 65000.

With the ecological bonus, we are not far from the price of high-end plug-in hybrids.

Even with a parity of 1 and even with a bonus of 10.000 € (but I believe that in reality it is 7000 as for the BEVs), it remains a car at 55.000 € which has neither the brand nor the performance. , nor the services of a "top of the range" car at an equivalent price. (and even less of a plug-in hybrid which is also entitled to its bonus)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/12/20, 22:28

Teslouille, cars that are worth the skin of the ....... :P
0 x
Christophe

Re:

by Christophe » 09/12/20, 16:29

citro wrote:
Michel Kieffer wrote:The Aptera has a Cx of 0,11 (?), And let's take a frontal area of ​​1,6 m2 (?). If we add its low mass (600 kg under load for the thermal version?), The useful energy becomes very low:Eu (MJ) on European cycle EC15-OA = S.Cx.19,2 + Cr.m. 0,82 + m.0,011

Digital Application :
Eu (MJ) = 1,6 x 0,11 x 19,2 + 0,012 x 600 x 0,82 + 600 x 0,011 = 15,9 MJ

To compare :
From a current compact car (page 28): 46 MJ
From RENAULT VESTA (page 31): 19,8 MJ

Conclusion, if the APTERA is excellent for a two-seater, the RENAULT VESTA is "sublime" for a 4-seater!
: Shock: : Cry: :| :x TO 100KM. : Shock:
My 106 electric consume a little less than 20kWh / 100km (18,5 and 19,2kWh / 100km) : Shock:
This gives respectively: 66,53MJ and 69,15MJ for 100km : Shock: It is enormous. : Cry: Not to mention the essence of heating, in winter! :|
My scoot'elec is even more distressing: 28,95MJ / 100km : Cry:

Aptera still exists! I dreamed about it, they did it ... I present to you the post Covid Aptera car!

Autonomous solar electric car without recharging!
(not in winter in the North of France I presume!)

Pre-orders are open. The manufacturer Aptera Motors offers a vehicle which, in the context of daily use, would never need to be connected to a charging station. How? 'Or' What ? Thanks to a battery powered by solar energy. For its top-of-the-range model, the manufacturer announces a range of up to 1600 kilometers.

Since the appearance of the first electric vehicles, some have wondered why they were not equipped with a solar panel on the roof allowing a permanent recharge of the battery. In reality, solar panels do not generate enough energy for this type of vehicle. For solar cars, on the other hand, the challenge is different: these ultralight vehicles with aerodynamic shapes can easily be satisfied with this source of energy. Faced with this observation, Aptera Motors has designed a vehicle inspired by these racing cars, dedicated to everyday use.

Said vehicle, baptized Paradigm, is therefore a very futuristic-looking car, equipped with a battery of 25 to 100 kWh depending on the model, and covered with 180 solar cells over more than 3 m2. Mounted on three wheels, while curves, the vehicle displays an extremely low coefficient of drag: 0,13 (compared to 0,23 for a Tesla Model 3 or 0,22 for the Porsche Taycan), which means that 'it offers little air resistance. This largely explains why it requires less energy.
0-96 km / h in 3,5 seconds

It is the first solar electric vehicle designed for the general public. Its very low drag coefficient gives it the longest range of any production vehicle ever created. According to its designers, the solar collectors integrated into its structure make it possible to travel up to 64 km per day in ideal conditions - that is, on particularly sunny days. Which meets the driving needs of most consumers. For larger trips, a single charge from a 110V mains socket will give the vehicle a range of 1600 kilometers!

Aptera's patented “Never Charge” technology is designed to harvest enough sunlight to travel over 17 kilometers per year in most areas. The car will take advantage of any outdoor parking area to recharge its battery, completely transparent to the user.

This two-seater car, with very aerodynamic curves, is approximately 4,3 meters long and 2,2 meters wide. It is built from light composites (carbon, kevlar and hemp), called sandwich composites - made up of two thin and rigid layers between which there is a light and thick core - which make it very light, but also very resistant (more than steel according to the manufacturer). An on-board computer, equipped with a 15-inch screen, allows the driver to be informed in real time of his energy consumption and at the same time, provides advice on making savings in order to extend the vehicle's range .

The Aptera is equipped with liquid-cooled electric motors, capable of propelling the vehicle from 0 to 96 km / h in 3,5 seconds in the case of the three-wheel drive model; the manufacturer announces 5,5 seconds for the standard, front-wheel drive model. The maximum speed is around 177 km / h according to specifications. The battery power can vary from 25 to 100 kWh depending on the consumer's needs in terms of range: 400, 644, 965 or 1770 kilometers. For the longest range, the vehicle will likely be delivered with a 100 kWh battery. By comparison, Tesla's Model S P100D can provide 647 kilometers of range with a battery of the same power.
design solar electric vehicle aptera

(...)

https://trustmyscience.com/aptera-motor ... e-branche/

1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 09/12/20, 20:14

dedicated to the Aptera I am divided ...

very aerodynamic performance, certainly.

but in everyday life, it is not a practical car.

PV panels on the roof, in Europe it will work moderately, moreover we do not have vocation to cross the desert in full sun. In Australia why not ...
What about the price? I fear the worst ... it reminds me a bit of the VW 1L / 100km! https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_XL1

vehicles closer to overpriced prototypes than to "real" multi-purpose cars.
1 x