The city car of the future from the past: Messerschmitt KR

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 18/09/13, 09:58

raymon wrote:But when will they finally make us this type of car?
But damn, find out ... : Mrgreen:

The MIA is made in France since 2 years and prices have come down more than 40% in June following the purchase of the company by a new investor who wants to democratize the vehicle before paying the shareholders ...

- The Mia three places is displayed at 10 469 euros against 17 930 euros (bonus deducted in full purchase with battery 8 kW)

- The four-seat Mia L is now accessible to 12 805 euros against 23 487 € (bonus deducted in full purchase with battery 12 kWh).
Hurry before the end of the 7000 € bonus. : Arrowl:

And then question benefits, the progress is enormous (habitability, access on board, approval, security, ...). 8)
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 18/09/13, 14:16

raymon wrote:
But when will they finally make us this type of car?
But damn, find out ... Mr. Green

It is true that it is not bad and more we just plug it into a normal outlet I had forgotten a little. When the price becomes "normal" it changes everything!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 18/09/13, 21:50

I'm not sure the KR200 was so cheap at the time ...

We must not forget that we were in a period of shortage, all raw materials were overpriced. That's why the KR200 recycled canopies of aircraft whose stocks could no longer be used for the intended purpose ...
At the same time, the smallest piece of plastic was worth gold and cars manufactured immediately after the war used as little as possible.

The 4cv Renault is a typical example;
- The first models only had a zamac counter block with a glass pane placed behind the sheet metal dashboard.
- The latest models were equipped with a handset with a plastic cap, plastic comodos, plastic door handles ...

The MIA is all about plastics; it's light, it does not rust, but it's more fragile ...
The big difference between the MIA and the KR200 is that it is designed from A to Z to respond optimally to a use, starting from a blank sheet, while the KR200 was based on available elements that it was necessary to assemble the best possible and hope that the result would be credible ...

I touched a few months ago a KR200, I was surprised at its size, it looks more like a toy for children than an adult vehicle ...
Approval, practical sense, comfort, ... are not really on the agenda ...

The opposite of the MIA, surprising in this respect.
Finally the MIA knows how to take advantage of its lightness to be more powerful (I did not say more powerful). It recharges on a simple domestic plug and recovers 8km of autonomy every 10 minutes and does not require 3 hours for a full recharge, all thanks to its low consumption (less than 15kWh / 100km).
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 18/09/13, 22:49

Interesting Mia ...

What disgusts me the most is its small size where I will not feel too safe out of the city.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/09/13, 23:33

It is true that it is rather fashionable Urban SUV (m # of €) as mini city cars ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 19/09/13, 10:21

Christophe wrote:It is true that it is rather fashionable Urban SUV (m # of €) as mini city cars ...
I say and repeat, urban car is nonsense!
Even a small car is not welcome in the city because it occupies too much space.
If the urban tolls which, with reason, multiply, exonents the electric cars it is to put forward their virtues (no noise and gaseous nuisances). But the paid parking areas will gradually spread to the entire surface of cities and will pay 24h / 24!

In the community of electromobilers of which I am a part, less than 5% of us live in the city. To serenely own an electric car like the MIA, you need a private parking with plug, which is rare and expensive in the city. Finally the car is often less fast in the city than the bike or the scooter. The majority of users move from suburban to suburban or suburban countryside, very few in the city.

It's hard to imagine driving in town in KR200 today ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/09/13, 15:44

it's true that riding in town with this kind of Messerschmitt, there is something to be afraid of being squashed by a distracted SUV

the light car of the future should not be too low! aerodynamics can be but still quite high on large diameter wheels, with a big gap between the ground and the underside of the car ... not a razor bitumen like race car

the 3 wheel seems interesting for aerodynamics, but an economical car must be efficient, can carry a lot of things, so to have a large trunk do not need a wheel in the middle, but 2 wheel on each side

Another reason to prefer 4 wheel: the light car of the future will not be only urban but also country and all way: and the way on 2 rut not 3! you need 4 wheel ... otherwise the 3eme wheel in the middle is a disaster
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 19/09/13, 16:26

Gildas wrote:Interesting Mia ...
What disgusts me the most is its small size where I will not feel too safe out of the city.
This feeling is extremely subjective. It is therefore difficult to argue on issues that affect fears or even phobias.
I considered it essential to have ABS on my car when my work journey went through a ring road and limited to 110kmh or people were driving like sick and stood on the brakes ... 15 years later, this same ring road is limited to 90kmh and I am no longer afraid to drive with my electric cars without ABS.

That said, in the event of a collision against an 38T, my 106 will not do the weight as the most serious bodybuilded 4x4 ... The laws of physics are relentless and crash tests are decoys that allow manufacturers to do especially not come back to small light vehicles too cheap ...

The MIA is an exception with its tubular structure comparable to the roll bars of racing cars, it went to crash test.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/09/13, 16:37

I saw a mia on a parking lot: it's not a car too small! it has its place between the average car

afraid to move without ABS ??? rolls with a citroen mehari: ABS bodywork

of course Acrylonitrile body Butadiene Styrene ... not the same as Anti Blockage System
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 19/09/13, 19:26

For me it is small outside but the interior habitability for 3 places seems very correct. The engine takes much less space than a thermal car. Or is it elsewhere?
0 x