The dirtiest diesel car by Toyota

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

The dirtiest diesel car by Toyota

by Christophe » 26/09/10, 13:29

It's pure marketing but it's funny anyway ... the problem is that 30 times less it's still damn dirty ... isn't it Mister Toyota? Besides, I would like to know how to compare the dirtiness of a diesel and a petrol ...

Nevertheless Toyota will come out of the plug in in 2011 ... therefore plug-in hybrid on sector (made for 10 years by some on their prius but let's go ...)

Toyota grinds Mercedes

For the launch of the new Auris Hybrid, Happiness Brussels devised a competition for Toyota aimed at electing "the most polluting diesel car in Belgium". With Mercedes crushing.

Happiness Brussels has struck again. Or rather crushed. For the launch of the new Auris Hybrid, the advertising agency that drives Toyota has imagined a contest aimed at electing "the most polluting diesel car in Belgium".

Last Saturday, the 20 owner-finalists were invited to Genk where a bailiff was waiting for them in order to solemnly measure their gas emissions.

David Jacquet, the winner of the competition, had the privilege of seeing his old 1982 Mercedes immediately engulfed in a gigantic crusher, and then set off again behind the wheel of a brand new Auris hybrid offered for the occasion. A car worth 20.000 euros and above all 30 times less polluting than its very old cluck.

We are awaiting Mercedes' response.

Frédéric Brebant

http://trends.rnews.be/fr/economie/actu ... 683895.htm
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 26/09/10, 13:36

Huh! ... not quite understand the title, I thought Toyota "had the dirtiest burgers (ooops, I meant" engines ") on the market!"

By the way, the diesel used was "bio"...?

(Ok, it's heavy, I ... -> [] know the path, don't push behind ...) : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/09/10, 13:46

The title is deliberately sarcastic because I find that the Toyota method is unfair ... compare yes but not with 25 year old cars ...

Grinding a car of almost collection is disrespectful ...

Urban artist in global eco balance a 25 year old car is much better than changing cars every 5 years as the shareholders of all car manufacturers want (under the pretext of "cleanliness" ... it's a mental scam) ...
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 26/09/10, 17:53

Hello

Toyota doesn't impress me on the life of their vehicle
after a few years in our winter and in the salt of the roads even the parchocs rot it has not much to show to the manufacturer of Mercedes and it is far from being comparable

He should have taken this one to squeeze (The truck Toyata a son) who drinks gas not possible and everything rotten even the brake lines

300 D
1984 turbo diesel engine no rust, soon 400 000km never opened the engine?, A robust electrical system that we only see on military vehicles 6,5 liters per 100km on main road, with water and walking doping very good 100% potato oil, why will I change my vehicle? available parts brake pad oil filter steering ball joint at prices lower than the recent Japanese cars (Mercedes makes reductions on the parts for the old vehicles that makes a good advertisement of longevity)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/09/10, 18:16

Nice development, thank you André! : Cheesy:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/09/10, 12:35

It's com !!! Let's not take it seriously. It's better than organizing a dwarf throw or beer competition ...

And then it's an article talking about com !!! I relayed this weekend that 1 medium, media

A medium, we can see what it is; the tables we see turning; talk to the dead ... Well, from two mediums, we say media!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 29/09/10, 09:47

Andre wrote:Hello

Toyota doesn't impress me on the life of their vehicle
after a few years in our winter and in the salt of the roads even the parchocs rot it has not much to show to the manufacturer of Mercedes and it is far from being comparable

He should have taken this one to squeeze (The truck Toyata a son) who drinks gas not possible and everything rotten even the brake lines

300 D
1984 turbo diesel engine no rust, soon 400 000km never opened the engine?, A robust electrical system that we only see on military vehicles 6,5 liters per 100km on main road, with water and walking doping very good 100% potato oil, why will I change my vehicle? available parts brake pad oil filter steering ball joint at prices lower than the recent Japanese cars (Mercedes makes reductions on the parts for the old vehicles that makes a good advertisement of longevity)

If son had looked after his toy as much as dad had to do it with his merco ... He would probably be in the same state of conservation ...
If son had bought his toy in diesel it would be a bit more hair than the daddy thanks (that said with the additional 4x4 mechanism this is not surprising) ...

Mercos of this type rotten like old manure I also saw quite a lot in France (rocker, floors) ... A colleague had one his thread could go brake with his feet at the rear seats .. .

In France too ... On this kind of merco there is memory a silenbloc of directional referral or prisoner suspension on the body become unavailable in spare part ..
A yes ... You should not break a mirror ... because it too is no longer sold ...

The star does not shine as much as it once did ...
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 29/09/10, 15:04

You're right, Macro.

If Toy only made shitty cars I wonder how the customers could make it the world n ° 1 ...

Mercedes is very very good. I had a W201 (190 E 2.3). At 200000 km I had a surprise: the cylinder head gasket was dead, it is "normal" it seems at this mileage. Since changing the cylinder head gasket cost a small fortune at Mercedes and since they have little respect for the bastards of poor people who drive cars over 100000 km so I set out to do it myself.

Another bad surprise, after disassembly and cleaning / decrimination of the cylinder head, I note that there is a defect in the cylinder head, an inclusion, very very badly placed (see in the middle of the image). AMHA, the cylinder head should never have passed quality control. Maybe at Toy's the breech would have been discarded, I don't know, the fact remains that at Mercedes it went : Shock: :

The gear lever knob is worn, it's okay, but AMHA, it's a part that must remain new on a good car:

Seats are drilled : Shock: :

The door trim is peeled off, we see the foam : Shock: :

Etc. ..

But I think Mercedes is very very good but it is far from perfect and certainly not better than Toyota / Lexus.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 29/09/10, 15:25

the steering wheel turns over, the headlights corrode, the seat springs give the impression that you are sitting in a hammock, you have to lift the hood to turn off the engine ............

When the combustion prechamber did not play the girls of the air and passed through a shirt or a piston ... (on 240 d ca happened) ..

When to keep an engine 400km ... Nothing exceptional in view of the performance of the machine ... for the w000 ... 123 hp for 72l ... Not overworked the same ...

For the gear lever knob..That of my zx fell apart all alone to 350 all alone one summer afternoon ...
0 x
Other

by Other » 29/09/10, 20:51

Hello

When to keep an engine 400km ... Nothing exceptional in view of the performance of the machine ... for the w000 ... 123 hp for 72l ... Not overworked the same ...

The models sold in America are 124 hp and turbo the 1984 models had a significantly more durable cast iron cylinder head than the new aluminum ones.
the bridge ratio is longer it allows to reach 180kmh
If they are rusted it is because you followed the manufacturer's recommendations to the letter, which specifies not to oil them
all my cars are entitled to a mineral oil spray annually in all corners.
Are main fault in Canada cold start it must be left plugged into the current with a 500w which keeps the engine block warm.
For the cost of repairs what costs it is the guy who opens the garage door at Mercedes, but if you do everything yourself it is cheaper than a Gulf of VW.

Car companies, like home appliances, only build disposable after 10 years you have to change.

In a car what is shocking is to see the brake or fuel lines rusting pierce while some manufacturers these parts last a 20 years it seems that Chrome and nickel cost a lot to put in certain automotive steel ??

Andre
0 x