G.Negre's Air Car in the FR2 Newspaper

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 21/05/15, 13:09

The Airpod is an urban vehicle concept and crutches prevent fast cornering, as far as I know ...

The problem is not there, the problem comes from the buzz around a vehicle and a concept: The compressed air vehicle.

It turns out that these products have never proven themselves and that no certifying body has validated the postulates announced ...

We have been promising, publicizing for 20 years, ... But nothing.
at the beginning we mentioned a subsidy pump, then dubious financial systems, and especially cheated investors (who remain all the more discreet as the sums "invested" are high).

Only the "little ones", in general individuals who have paid small sums for pre-orders which have never been honored, "dare" to complain ... In vain.

In fact, for 20 years Guy Nègre has promised but does not hold, while he has proposed very relevant concepts of light urban vehicles and more consensual than the Airpod ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 21/05/15, 16:02

Hello,
It has 4 wheels since version 2.0 of 2014.

On the technical sheet of the MDI website, it is announced with a top speed of 80 km and an autonomy in urban cycle of 130 km. probably at low speed, as Janic said. It remains to be seen if there is no exaggeration ??

This corresponds to about 2.5 l of petrol for a scooter of identical weight.

I did not find the electric consumption for a reloading of air of the 2 bottles of 125 l, which would allow to know the real cost at 100 km / h

No news on the site since Guy Negre's health problems
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 21/05/15, 16:58

after quick calculations (if someone can confirm) starting from a constant pressure of 5 b with a yield of 50% (without taking into account the problem of cold compressed air and possible heating of the air in the cylinders) I arrive at 19 minutes of autonomy at 80 km / h and a speed of 5 km / h for 130 km of distance.
It is no worse than the electric range of hybrids.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 21/05/15, 21:16

yeah but a pair of shoes may be a better investment for this range and speed : Cheesy:

more seriously, this compressed air scooter would be sold between 8 and 000 €! (According to the newspaper 20 minutes

This vehicle will only be able to find niche markets, rather captive fleets, or hyper hyper-urban city dwellers ... and at this price, I do not know if the customers will be numerous. You can have an entry-level Dacia for example ... and it's really something other than the Airpod.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 22/05/15, 07:18

remondo hello
yeah but a pair of shoes may be a better investment for this range and speed

more seriously, this compressed air scooter would be sold between 8 and 000 €! (According to the newspaper 10 minutes

Come on, Remondo, you're technically skilled enough to make sense of things! Between 19mn at 130 and 5 hours at 5 km / h, there is a medium term to drive in less than 5 hours and more than 5km / h like carts without a license, but like electric cars in town, journeys and their times of uses are short enough to justify this type of vehicle in autolib, also in taxi for example and in places where neither conventional electric nor thermal can be used. These are indeed niches to exploit. Besides, the initial project of Nègre was double, in air / fuel hybrid and especially for the use of taxis.
For the price, the carts are no longer given either and find buyers, this type of vehicle would also belong in this category, but "non-polluting". Furthermore, it is likely (more info would be needed) that the recharging time and therefore the electric power necessary for recharging is competitive with electric ones, may be less, moreover, eliminating battery rentals and recycling of those -this. You have to look beyond the supposed disadvantages and compare them with its advantages!

Vehicle models Price
Citadines Diesel From € 12 and € 000
Petrol From € 14 and € 000
Electric From € 14 and € 000
Diesel utilities From € 12 and € 000
Electric From € 15 and € 000
http://voiture-sans-permis.comprendrech ... ans-permis
http://www.developpement-durable.gouv.f ... f/Rev3.pdf
the average speed in town being 31,6 km / h.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 22/05/15, 11:55

Another topic is unlicensed buggies.

People who do not have a license are stuck and pay far too much for these cars produced in small series ... some even have a certain purchasing power and pay little attention to the gadgets peddled with the vehicle, or are even in demand.

I came across one of those unlicensed cars covered in black / yellow flashie the other day with GTO writing (or something like that), spoiler imitations, I found it very very funny ...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 22/05/15, 12:21

Another topic is unlicensed buggies.
Not quite. Soap boxes from the beginning and therefore at low prices, they turned into real cars, apart from the engine, and it is not the engine that costs in a vehicle.
These airpods naturally have their place.
0 x
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by 1360 » 22/05/15, 19:21

Janic wrote:These airpods naturally have their place.

With an autonomy that barely allows you to reach the sidewalk opposite, I think that, for the moment, the only place these "cars" deserve is the dumpster ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 22/05/15, 23:38

1360 wrote:
Janic wrote:These airpods naturally have their place.

With an autonomy that barely allows you to reach the sidewalk opposite, I think that, for the moment, the only place these "cars" deserve is the dumpster ...
So what is true autonomy? and the real efficiency of electrical energy consumed / mechanical energy supplied?
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 23/05/15, 07:42

izentrop hello
So what is true autonomy? and the real efficiency of electrical energy consumed / mechanical energy supplied? See the approximate calculation I gave above and as I have proposed (but not followed) if there is someone who can confirm or deny these that he gives his own calculations.
What I find unfortunate is that Negro did not keep the hybrid mode.
0 x