Cycling, it relates to society ... the car is!

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 05/08/15, 19:58

Traveling by bicycle takes on many aspects depending on the socio-professional categories that use it.

For the impoverished population, it is an economic necessity suffered.

For other wealthier categories, it is either a vital necessity for health, or a militant or economic choice to maintain purchasing power which is eroding as the car budget increases.

I would also say that in these wealthier socio-professional categories, it is the expression of a higher level of consciousness, what economists call with a certain disdain the "bobo" (bourgeois bohemians), who refuse to spend more. to live better (no more time wasted in traffic jams, no more parking problems, unnecessary costs, ... in short, only happiness).

I recently discovered that his Indian peoples like the Seminoles and the Francophones chased by the "Americans" who stole their territories and their lives by considering them as sub-men, were considered as such (and even as lazy) because they did not see the point of working as slaves to afford material goods of which they did not see the interest ...
On the other hand, these same communities spend a lot of time transmitting the ancestral knowledge of hunting, fishing, gathering, cooking and all things that have allowed them to live the maximum in autarky ...
This is a highly condemnable approach by the capitalist economy, because it generates no profits for companies and for the State ...

Even today, this pattern of thinking predominates among Americans, and in developed countries in general where growth remains the only economic model ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 06/08/15, 08:16

The millions of Dutch bikes ....

Of course they have bikes ... and they use them ... But how can we objectively compare the use of a bike in a country where the highest point is 321 meters above sea level, with that of a country where the highest asphalt road is 2715 meters ...

I participated for several years in youth exchanges between my community of community and Garrel in Bavaria ... When our young people go there everyone (including them) riding a bike finds it friendly and normal .... When the Germans come to visit us .... the music is not quite the same ... They often have a foothold ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."