Car sharing between roommates and insurance

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 16/08/10, 16:04

if you want to share a car between you, you have to trust each other, and especially not ask the insurer for a special contract otherwise he will hasten to find good reasons to make you pay more

insurance is really an anti-ecological thing: no matter how much you try to reduce the use of the car, you always have to pay as much ...

one day it will be necessary to require insurance paid exactly per km traveled in order to directly value any other means of transport by an insurance reduction ... and when insurance companies have been required to have a good km counter, there will be no more problem to attribute to each driver the km he does exactly

So for a joint ownership of a good modern car, a great gsm gps and anti-theft counter ...

but while waiting for it to exist, saying nothing to the insurance is the only solution
0 x
mediabolo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mediabolo » 16/08/10, 16:12

but while waiting for it to exist, saying nothing to the insurance is the only solution

and that someone agrees to put his name on the insurance contract rather than another and risks ending up with a penalty for his next car even if he is not the one who had the accident! In fact this is our biggest problem / dilemma.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/08/10, 16:19

mdiabolo wrote:and that someone agrees to put his name on the insurance contract rather than another and risks ending up with a penalty for his next car even if he is not the one who had the accident! In fact this is our biggest problem / dilemma.

This is already to be checked (the penalty is linked to the driver not to a contract ...) but I think that if you go into these kinds of considerations before you even start, you will have a lot of problems in your carpooling business. ..
:?

Sharing is good for the environment and it's cheaper, but there are inevitably more constraints ... we can't win on all fronts ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 16/08/10, 16:26

if you declare everything to the insurance you will all have the same penalty in the event of a single accident!

so as long as there is not a sure and recognized way to register who uses the car it is always better not to say anything

the day or an accident gives you a malus you still have the possibility to change the one that insures the car in its name so as not to have to pay the malus
0 x
mediabolo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mediabolo » 16/08/10, 16:35

but I think if you go into these kinds of considerations before you even start, you will have a lot of problems in your carpooling business ...

Well, that's essentially the only problem I see compared to all the other ones mentioned above (cost of repairs, accidents, availability of the car). Because we will say that "our experience" for the moment is for a period of 2 years because afterwards we risk no longer being a roommate. And this is where the penalty can be a problem if someone inherits the "penalty" from another. As long as we stay together, no worries, everyone will pay.

After that, of course, there is the "penalty" which drops to 1.0 after 2 years without insurance, I believe in all cases. So it can also be seen like that.

the day or an accident gives you a malus you still have the possibility to change the one that insures the car in its name so as not to have to pay the malus
Nice tip, I note.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/08/10, 16:40

And the one who does not drive and who inherits the bonus from others who have not had an accident ... will that be negotiated between you?

What I mean is that in sharring, you should not try to find perfect equality because it does not exist ... there will necessarily be some who will do more km than others ... and will therefore wear out plus the car ...
0 x
mediabolo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mediabolo » 16/08/10, 16:58

What I mean is that in sharring, you should not try to find perfect equality because it does not exist ... there will necessarily be some who will do more km than others ... and will therefore wear out plus the car ...

No it's clear you're right. In addition to my knowledge, each of us in more than 10 years of license has never had any accident.
However, since the bonus and the penalty don't go as quickly, it's still easier to be penalized with a penalty (even for those who roll less than others) than the reverse because in 2 years, in the best of cases, we will have a bonus of 0.92 or 8%, while if 1 accident (responsible) we will have a penalty of 25% or 1,25 which will take 2 years to reabsorb if the person has no more insurance / car to leave or no accident.

In short as you say no solutions for the moment! We have to redo a debriefing together and if this is ever successful, I will give you a summary of our choices / ideas / modes of operation. In the meantime, if you ever have any ideas, feel free to post. I of course continue to take a look at it.

Thank you anyway.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 16/08/10, 17:25

Graying the card in the name of a person without a license or who does not use his license is really the best solution, for penalties, but also for points ...
0 x
See you soon !
mediabolo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mediabolo » 16/08/10, 17:34

Graying the card in the name of a person without a license or who does not use his license is really the best solution, for penalties, but also for points ...

Ok, I just understood what this trick was for (especially for the points more than for the penalty for that matter not?).

In our case we all have the license so this will not be possible but I retain the trick.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/08/10, 17:34

bernardd wrote:Graying the card in the name of a person without a license or who does not use his license is really the best solution, for penalties, but also for points ...

I do not understand the trick, can you explain? Relationship between penalty, license and CG?
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."