Lift the max speed on highway

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 18/05/06, 15:36

tomy wrote:I go several times in Germany and highways are SUPER DANGEROUS. You drive to 130km / h, you double a truck and you see happen a kind of furious with his merco who arrived over 200km / h at your back. Ca c dangerous !!!!

yet there are fewer accidents in Germany than here ... which would tend to show that it is not so dangerous.
Cons cons cons, above 100 km / h the energy required is proportionelle squared speed ... So the cons should not lower :?:
0 x
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 18/05/06, 17:18

For me, what is dangerous on a road is not the speed, but the difference in speed between the vehicles.

So 130, 150 or 160 it does not change much if everyone goes at this speed.
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 18/05/06, 20:38

Hello
This is why I think it would be wise to operate the future remote-controlled automatic radars in accordance with the indicator lights and the traffic density.
In other words the more traffic there is, the less you can drive fast and under radar control.
This would streamline the traffic, for example by avoiding the braking caused around fixed speed cameras at night or low traffic.
Unfortunate to say but I see it every day, people prefer to ride 120 on a road limited to 90, give a big shot at 50 radar meters and start again more beautiful immediately after.
A behavior of morons : Evil:
It is true that what I propose implies an irreproachable system in terms of reliability because if the flash radar 90 while the light panel indicated authorization to 110 is not cool.
But when we see the experimental system of widening the voices of A4 in the Paris region, we say that it is feasible.

On the A10 motorway near Orleans there are speed cameras that control the speeds between two points as well as the distances between two vehicles and indicates the registration of the offender for information.
Proof that some things can be done intelligeament.
0 x
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 20/05/06, 17:24

I like your concepts of variable radar, but I think that unfortunately it would not bring enough to the state compared to the shot of the installation.

But it's true that it would be the best for traffic flow
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 20/05/06, 18:00

Uhh,

me it leaves me doubtful these posts.
And then completely contrary to the fuel savings that are pronounced here, finally ....

My father has followed a course of code of the road, voila the arguments ki were advanced to him.

The faster you roll, the more you have to concentrate, so you have the impression that time passes faster and then the concentration gets tired.

Moreover, the faster you roll, the more the field of view, ie the square on which you can focus, is reduced.
At low speed, you can look left, right.
At high speed, the square has shrunk dramatically. Danger because you can not focus on everything anymore.

When driving long distances, humans are subjected to micro-sleep (duration I do not know), we fall asleep ..... imagine ca high speed ..... (yes j 'it hard to believe), but apparently the cameras are formal in tests.

The French motorways are very safe (the comparison with the siblings, I do not have in mind) but the motorway network is very different.
And our accidents are especially on the secondary network, if I do not break.

And the car lobby, even more powerful than in France (3eme global producer of cars) and therefore reduce speed on the highway is almost taboo.
The way of driving is completely different, when it is marked 200, they shield to death, when it is 50, they roll to 50, not even to see even less.
At 30, well they roll 30, most. (except crazy young people, it exists everywhere)
The controls are also very svt around the dangerous places, school, turn, etc ...
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 20/05/06, 20:47

I remember a porsche ad:

from 0 to 100 in 5 seconds,
from 100 to 0 in 3 seconds.

just to say that their cars are really designed to ride at 200. so when there is one coming behind like a shell I do not worry too much. but I push myself anyway, to avoid him having to chime, it would be bad for his conso! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Knut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Knut » 20/05/06, 20:55

Man is not a machine.

If he does a job reluctantly and he gets bored, in fact, he will be less vigilant and adroit in going fast than gently.

Put me cashier Leclerc, and I give an obvious demo, but tell me it's a game of skill, and I will excel.
It turns out that I like to drive in a good car, and drive regularly on distances from 500 to 1000 km.

I do it quickly and well, and then make sure that my vigilance is intense.

And you know well ... look at the people behind the wheel ... we look at the neighbor's, the field, the accident next door, the mini-skirts ... we let ourselves be driven by the car and the car. traffic...

If you like to drive, drive your vehicle, and do it every day, after several million kilometers, you will laugh while listening to this speech.

Of course, if I am forced to brainwash the roadside security, I smile, acquiesce and shut up! I did the army anyway!

At Mass, I do not ask the priest any more!

FYI, when I drive a lot long and daily, my brain turns into a machine to drive and monitor.

1.000 once, I found myself braking, because my peripheral vision and my brain had detected and analyzed a risky situation ... without me being aware of it.

But does my grandmother mentally control her fingers while knitting?

is the juggler less focused than me when I try 2 or 3 balls?

There are those who feel terribly responsible for their actions, and others.

Among those who are responsible, those who ride occasionally, and those who make 100.000 km a year.

Laws and standards are globally accurate for mass, large numbers.

As for the cons which increases the square of the speed above 100 km / h, well, I leave you to your smoky theory books and apothecary.

Whoever wants me to prove to him that his formula is false, by simple demo, just have to pass me an MP for appointment. Whoever is wrong pays full, that's all!

Rather than encourage the conscious and responsible individual, they are disempowered and give them draconian limits. We are steadfast and irresponsible, so we will roll.

Suddenly, we daydream obviously, and became more con still.

Confiscation of the conscience, responsibilities ....

We are going straight to slavery!

There are vileurs in France! Following the principle of road safety, we can deduce that one day, we will castrate all men after taking their semen and freezing ...

It's the same principle!
0 x
Knut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Knut » 20/05/06, 21:14

For me, the one who rolls too fast exceeds the 2 / 3 of his capacities and that of his machine.

it is recognized from afar, it sticks to the bottom, roams in the middle of the road, and brakes permanently.

Look at his brakes.

A good rider makes 100.000 km with his front pads, 200.000 km in the back.

In addition, we must disconnect urban and urban driving, and the highway.

Easy to recognize a Paris region : Evil:
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 21/05/06, 16:23

Knut wrote: As for the cons which increases the square of the speed above 100 km / h, well, I leave you to your smoky theory books and apothecary.
Whoever would I prove that his formula is false, by simple demo, has to pass me a PM for appointment. Whoever falsely pays full, that's it!

That's the smoky theory, in fact it is one of the physical laws of nature : Cheesy:

The air resistance, Fx is a fluid and therefore proporionnelle friction to the square of the speed of the car. So we have
Fx = 1/2 ρ S Cx v2
with:
ρ: density of air, 1,2 kg / m3
S: Master couple (or front surface) of the car, m2
Cx: drag coefficient of the car, without unit
v: speed, m / s

After, you can have the features of your Volvo that will make your conso that does not match the required energy. it only means that its performance is very poor at low speed. We'll give you your full, you need it more than us : Wink: : Lol:
0 x
Other

by Other » 21/05/06, 16:24

Hello
It will be necessary to look at the statistics
Since the 80 years the speed limit in North America I speak for Quebéc, is limited to 100kmh on highways and 50kmh in cities. Yet we had cars that ran 200kmh with 300cv engines, the traffic is much less dense than in Europe, it is not uncommon, to see no one in the mirror, nor forward, so nothing to prevent us from rolling
the tolerance is 110 120kmh depending on the mood of the radar that is hidden under a bridge or in a slight descent,
(I was fined on highway to 114kmh well written in dut form + demerit point) Fortunately there is little police and the territory is big.
It is true that you are more disciplined, often some driver rolls on the left lane permanently, they are overtaken by the right, and a large number does not signal, when it changes lanes or when it turns (it is to believe that it is an option on cars, I hope they look in their mirror.
If it were necessary to put no speed limit as before it would be a slaughter with our way of driving.

Statistically there is less accident with injured and died in winter
that in summer, winter the police do not need radar, the speed regulates itself. (from December to April)
it is at the prime time that accidents go back,
Another finding is that accidents often happen late or late at night on weekends.
Ride faster does not save a lot of time on 200km trips, it gives you what to ride at 180kmh and then to wander in a restaurant.
I was a speed enthusiast and Camaro and big V8 of 6 liters, now I still have a little smaller engines 3,8 liters and 3 liters because I like the flexibility of driving, but the speed is finished.
Why a big engine! it requires little maintenance it runs at 1800rpm 100kmh it is silent and the little he consumes more I win on the maintenance of a small engine.
I know guys who never change the oil on the big engine he added it's all ..

You'll get used to it, you'll be like me at the beginning
then it is done and it is not so bad, it can become sleepy at night, but it reduces the serious and fatal accident.
The speed it's a sport, there are other vehicles and other place for it ..

Andre
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."