Battery charging by thermal car?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 05/09/11, 22:26

I'm not sure the idea is so bad. In particular, the friction is there anyway, the yield is not 20% but rather 80%.
On the other hand, 4 batteries are likely to do a lot for the alternator at the same time and on the other hand their lifespan will be short if they are not very particular models
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 06/09/11, 06:53

Hello,
For Obamot, so some would have the science infused is nothing more worth looking for. You have to tell remundo to stop its innovation because nothing more to find to clean the panels.
well yes there are already ice washers : Mrgreen:

Now your point of view on the nuke is the fossil, so go see a fukushima or a Chernobyl besides info exclusively if you are looking for promotions for holidays or second home, I think there are still free.

So mentally I prefer to burn fossil even in the form of gasoline than to use nuke (even if I am still far from it).

Thank you anyway for your intervention.
a + claude
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 06/09/11, 09:24

clasou wrote:... so in the meantime I had thought of this idea of ​​an alternator running empty.

you have twice cited this notion of running "empty".
I wonder if you do not make a mistake of reasoning on this point.
a car alternator is driven by the internal combustion engine and has a certain number of internal friction + belt, etc. which cause a few watts to be effectively expended permanently.
when the battery voltage is sufficient, the excitation of the alternator is suppressed and it does not consume which its friction. this is where it runs "empty", of course, but it does not produce energy, but does not consume any either (apart from friction)
if on the other hand you give it batteries to charge, the excitation will be active again and the alternator will be braked by charge. All the power necessary for the charge will then be taken MORE on the heat engine; and the overall gasoline yield ----> electricity will then be very low (I quoted 20% and this is the order of magnitude @philippe Schutt)

so I still do not see the interest of the idea compared to charging batteries with a small generator.
0 x
Click my signature
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 06/09/11, 09:40

Aside from connecting the batteries only when you are in the detection phase, this operation will be a complete waste of energy. But as you will drive with a professional car ... The cons you do not care a little ..
Then you will see that your batterries will not have time to catch a lot of charge, and their lifespan will be greatly reduced, with each transshipment of the batteries (trunk at home house at trunk) it will be necessary to attach them correctly in case of shock a 30kg battery is a few tons that you take behind your ears ..
The alternator of your car is provided to compensate for the energy consumed by your starter kick in 5 minutes without any other consumption (windscreen wiper headlights post heating the candles ...........) Do not connect your others batterries before you might not start after a few days ...
It is doable all that but it is a lot of shit for not much ...

To convince you of the inaccuracy of the fabulous "the alternator runs on empty" install a car alternator on a station bike and recharge your batteries while pedaling ..
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 06/09/11, 09:52

Ah, you take into account the combustion efficiency, ok then for the 20%.
However, increasing the load will improve the overall efficiency of the engine, and therefore the additional consumption will have an apparent efficiency which should be closer to 30-40% which is not absurd compared to a thermal power plant.
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 06/09/11, 09:55

Hello,
A message is made to eat then + course.
No I do not have a group and do not intend to buy as many take a panel, moreover as such certain speaks of 2.5 euros per watt, so if someone has a link to see.

For the alternator that runs empty, I heard the fact that it no longer produces because the battery is charged.

Yes, I will not have started with the whole connected, it is enough to troubleshoot once a car that has the dead battery to see the result.

No, the car is not professional on the other hand the road unit yes, but when I see the head of the fact of connecting the battery of the bike. Batteries on the truck it would be no, and not at all the same (amperages).
Good one more idea which did not survive.
a + claude
0 x