(Re!) Hunt the Gaspi! Michelin "eco" tires

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/01/11, 00:17

On twingo 1.2, service life of michelin energy tires, original fitment, smooth handling:

Before: 70 km
Rear: 110 km

What could be better? : Mrgreen:

The rears could still have done 10 to 20km I think but they were starting to crack (000 years), so we took advantage of a revision to change them ...

ps: for the wagon, the same; a car is pushed more easily by hand than a wagon ... : Lol:
If they said so, it was because there was a good reason: maybe by putting in the 8 bars in the tires one obtains something similar to steel on steel? : Cheesy: I say 8 off the cuff ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 06/01/11, 08:08

Michelin energy on r 25 d 70km at the front too. At the back I don't know I had sold it before ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 06/01/11, 12:53

Same on Laguna for 10 years more than 70000Km each time !!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 06/01/11, 13:32

On the other hand on my ZX ... 30 km barely at the front no difference with the low cost in terms of longevity a difference in the wet not justifying the price (in my opinion) ... On the 000 there was a left and a right and they were made in France (it was in the last century). those (two trains) of my ZX were identical and made in spain ....

Michelin abandoned in favor of cheaper tires bought on the internet. production no longer taking place in France for all those (cars and motorcycles) that I bought over the last 5 years. I privileged my bank account to unjustified patriotism ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 06/01/11, 23:41

Macro wrote:... On the 25 there was a left and a right and they were made in France (it was in the last century). those (two trains) of my ZX were identical and made in spain ....

Michelin abandoned in favor of cheaper tires bought on the internet. production no longer taking place in France for all those (cars and motorcycles) that I bought over the last 5 years. I privileged my bank account to unjustified patriotism ...
Michelin has no more French than the name ... It is a Multinational with factories all over the world (and less and less in France). The subject has already been discussed on the forum, Michelin does not pay taxes in France because the holding company is domiciled in a tax haven. It was the Channel Islands a few years ago, then Switzerland now ...

The fact remains that the firm distributes quality products.
As far as I'm concerned, I don't think I'll put anything else on my electric cars, given the poor performance of the noname tires and the level of requirement that I demand. In addition, Michelin offers interesting guarantees (one way program) if you do not have a spare wheel (on all my cars, electric or LPG) ...
0 x
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 07/01/11, 10:11

Same as Citro.
I tried Chinese tires once, all 4 for the price of a michou.

I was doing burns on a normal road with the Clio 1.9d, and I have never gone so far on a lollipop than with these soaps, nice when you're fasting and want to play the stupid, but frankly dangerous when the road deteriorates.
The other big brands are sometimes random in terms of handling (to tell the truth I don't really know what is currently being done, but this is my feeling over my previous tests)
I know that the michou on my citroen, I would have no problem. It has a price, of course, but for me it is the price of security.

Next tire change, I will try the energy saver, since I do 25k km a year, it can get interesting.
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 07/01/11, 10:36

Personally, my old traveler has never held the road so well as with low cost tires bought on 123pneus. (but hey in the dimension there was not much choice of bridge, and another).

I go up and balance my tires myself (and for some knowledge too) It was my job before the oil, where I am surprised it is on the imbalance of new tires at the present time ... at abberations and even on michou ...

The worst I have seen: from TOYO on the 806 to my beauf on the WE last 115 grams of unbalance the tire is original oval.

On michou mounted two weeks ago on a 4 golf course: 70grammes

And when I exceed 40g I try to reassemble and turn the tire I fall back to a little G on the same thing

(I also balanced a wheel that I keep as a "standard" to check my machine from time to time)

It is enormous. Quality control at the end of the chain has become non-existent, otherwise it is not possible ...

On the last Nankangs (not glop in the wet) that I rode on my current traveler I am at 35grams
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 07/01/11, 13:05

: Arrowu: It is true the manufacturing qualities have become less rigorous.
Michelin is no exception, and when balancing it is common to have to put in more than 50g per wheel. : Shock:
15 years ago, the average was below 25g (for Michelin tires) ... :?

"Oval" or distorted tires are quite common, including at Michelin.
In addition, some series are sometimes unworthy, the trade name escapes me, but I remember a Michelin series 10 years ago which was very noisy in large dimensions ...

Currently I have Firestones on my 106 electric which give me the impression of driving on corrugated iron (they are deformed) ...
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."