Ranking the dirtiest cars of the year!

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Ranking the dirtiest cars of the year!

by Christophe » 22/03/08, 11:15

Ah finally a realistic classification! : Cheesy:

After the rankings of the most "ecological" cars (see Ranking of Car ), Greenpeace has, on the contrary, elected the most "dirty" cars!

Results:

On March 6, the opening day of the Geneva Motor Show in Switzerland, Greenpeace asked internet users to choose the worst car of the year from among five models exhibited in Geneva.

Congratulations to those who voted for the Toyota! This 4x4, which emits 270 g of CO2 / km, is indeed the most polluting model. But bravo to all the others too, because in reality, each of these five models is an environmental disaster. The BMW coupe rejects 220 g of CO2 / km, which is as much as an all-terrain vehicle, a scandal for a car of this category! The Volvo emits 200 g / km, a figure to which should be added the quantities of CO2 released by the production of agrofuels. The “small” Renault sport emits 197 g of CO2 / km, while a classic Clio emits between 110 and 140 g / km. Finally, the Golf certainly rejects 149 g / km, which is less than the others but still too much: Volkswagen had the technology allowing this model promised to a high sales volume to maintain the same performance while polluting less.

Find out more and "manufacturer files":
http://www.greenpeace.org/france/voitures/
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Ranking of the dirtiest cars of the year!

by Chatham » 22/03/08, 12:07

Christophe wrote: The BMW coupe rejects 220 g of CO2 / km, which is as much as an all-terrain vehicle, a scandal for a car of this category!

I would be very happy if a single French gasoline engine managed even to approach the fuel efficiency of the engine of the BMW 135i which, it must be remembered, is a 306hp sports car ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/03/08, 12:39

Yes but it remains a coupe car which frankly has nothing to do on the road with its 300cv .... in the same genre: the mini of more than 170 cv ... or clio RS and cie ...

On the other hand at Bm they make the 118d with braking energy recovery which is the most economical diesel car on the market compared to its performance ...
0 x