Query: diesel Hdi actual consumption, SDI, Cdi

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
laurent_caen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Query: diesel Hdi actual consumption, SDI, Cdi

by laurent_caen » 31/07/06, 12:16

I have a C5 2.0 HDI from 2002 which is given for 5.7l of mixed consumption by the manufacturer; however, it is very difficult for me to descend below 7l and completely impossible even while driving with eggs under the foot to reach below 6l; is it my car that has a fault or is there among you who would have made the same observation? because with my petrol fiesta, I consume exactly as the manufacturers' data indicates, around 6l and I even frequently go down below.
Would diesel be overestimated or did I stumble upon the ugly duckling?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/07/06, 12:19

A ZX-TD from 1992 is given at 90 km / h for 4.3L / 100 ... do you think that someone once noticed such a low consumption on this car?

In other words: the values ​​given by the manufacturers are completely ideal and therefore not at all realistic of the real situation of use ... Apparently people believe it ...

For your pb you can always go see your mechanic who will give you an electronic diagnosis ... there may be actually all the same a problem ...

ps: is it with or without air conditioning?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 31/07/06, 12:34

well, of course it's always difficult to compare when you don't know the driver.

my neighbor has a Mercedes 230C and makes about 6,5 beds: every morning on the highway to Brussels and a little traffic, he's a salesperson, he doesn't hang around.

with my partner diesel 1,9 classic, I make 7,5 liter in mixed course, with gallery and ladder, I roll relax.

when I had my 806 2,1 turbo diesel 110 CV, I was 8,5 l max with gallery and ladder and 7,8 liters on vacation (super relax and without ladder) (with air co)

well, you have to take into account that in Belgium the speed on motorways is limited to 120.

but it seems to me that your consumption is 8 to 10% too high for such an aerodynamic vehicle: have you already had all the electronic settings checked at the agency.
there is also air co which still consumes a little
on the other hand, in summer if you roll the windows open, also see the tire pressure

the other day, I was loaned a Fiat Panda (the new one, of course) made 5,5 liters

my partner is 6,5 liters with a new Fiat doblo (1,4 HDI)

the brand of fuel can also influence: all figures are with major brand fuel (Shell, Texaco) except for the 806 or I used discount fuel
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/07/06, 12:57

Last tank of our Twingo of 2002: 26L for 606 km or 4.3L / 100 with driving in the countryside (national + departmental) ...

Not bad right? And I think we could have gone down still pushing the km a little more (750 km it can do) ...
0 x
laurent_caen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by laurent_caen » 31/07/06, 13:27

"A ZX-TD from 1992 is given at 90 km / h for 4.3L / 100 ... do you think that someone once noticed such a low consumption on this car?
In other words: the values ​​given by the manufacturers are completely ideal and therefore not at all realistic of the real situation of use ... Apparently people believe it ... "

ok but whether it's the fiesta or the C5, the consumption values ​​are calculated according to the same standards so why in one case, there is overconsumption of around 25% and not in the other? this is the question I would like to have answered ...
if not, my driving style can be described as cool, I always shift up a gear quickly (but not underpowered either) and I never put the air conditioning on
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 31/07/06, 13:49

Christophe!

Am I dreaming ? Is your Twingo petrol or diesel?

my wife's is 7,5 liters (6,8 long distance) petrol, which is a shame for such a small car.

Could someone explain to me:
around 1978, my brother's datsun 120 A (1200 cc), with a harnessed sailboat (150 kg, 4 or 5 m long) and 4 people on board connected Brittany by making less than 6,5 liters of petrol
there aren't many gasoline cars today that could say the same.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/07/06, 13:56

Petrol, there is no Twingo diesel (at least until now ... to be seen later).

The engine has changed (I do not know in which year precisely) between the 1st and 2nd model (the bumper is different) and actually the 1st Twingo sucked to death ... so I guess yours is still one of the 1st series. ..

Could someone explain to me

Image response:

The clue is at the bottom left ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 31/07/06, 19:43

Hello

the brand of fuel can also influence: all figures are with major brand fuel (Shell, Texaco) except for the 806 or I used discount fuel

I do not know if it is the same with you?
Lastly I went to fill at Shell and the truck Tanker (tank) unidentified filled the tanks, shortly after I pass in front of an Essso station I see the same tanker filling the tank,
The question I ask myself if the fuel comes from the same refinery, I wonder where is the difference between Shell, Esso, Texaco, ultramar and independent stations?
Logos on trucks mean nothing!

Andre
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 31/07/06, 19:57

indeed, bobonne of the box, it's a real Twingo, the 2e year of manufacture, crushed strawberry color with flagship of hippopotamus nostrils.
The engine c 'was the old "cléon cast" of R5 (which it does not suck so much!)
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

question about the actual consumption of diesel

by denis » 31/07/06, 21:38

andre wrote:The question I ask myself if the fuel comes from the same refinery, I wonder where is the difference between Shell, Esso, Texaco, ultramar and independent stations?
Logos on trucks mean nothing!

Andre
yes, we ask ourselves questions, the base is the same for all, then then come the concentrated additives, which everyone adds to make their sauce. I think that’s the answer : Cheesy:

for direct td focus, (not hdi) 6l1 / 100 to 130 km / h same for small trip to the countryside 6l to 6.5
if very rushed (crisis): 7l
on internet technical sheet:
consumption
On the road 5.7
On highway 6.6
In town 6.6
Sports Driving -
55 L tank
Autonomy on highway 833
CO2 emissions
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."