Peugeot PSA: hybrid diesel thanks to our taxes ...

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 04/03/08, 15:14

I create a subject as soon as the news is available in FR2.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/03/08, 15:21

Ok!
I just wrote a short story about the show:
https://www.econologie.com/salon-de-gene ... -3718.html

I will put the link to the forum/ video as soon as available :)

Ah this is team work :)
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 04/03/08, 15:26

Chatham wrote:
Christophe wrote:

The rate of pollution in unburnt is also very crappy on a cold petrol.
Besides, I recently noticed that even when hot, old (2000 and 2002) petrol vehicles still stank ... as if the catamaran was become completely ineffective... another escrology in the air?

On my C2 s & s the catalytic converter is located directly on the engine (~ 30cm from the exhaust valves): heating time a few seconds, this precisely to treat the unburned, but on a direct injection gasoline, the unburnt rate is good weaker...

The first catalyzed vehicles have a hot catalysis as efficient as the recent ones but not cold because their catata is far from the engine and does not work until after one minute, moreover there was no correction by double lambda ... The life of a cat is more than 200 km, unless the engine is defective (too much unburnt, ignition problems) in which case the cat grate. A colleague has passed his old R000 GTX catalyzed by 25 km at the CT recently and the pollution rate is largely in the standard, original catamaran, but engine still in excellent condition ...

so much the better if the cat has such a long duration on a gasoline engine (but there there is a controversy over emissions of heavy metals which fall apart from the cata pot).

For your colleague's R25 GTX 300000 km, that confirms the strength of the engine of this car; mine running on LPG has> 310000 kms, it is 89 so no pot cata.

Is your C2 start & stop an essence?

What do you think of the problems of pollution by micro-particles and other Nox emitted by diesels even with particle filter?

Why PSA insists on making a hybrid diesel-electr engine. while many countries (USA, Japan ...) do not want it ... unless it changes?
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/03/08, 15:32

jean63 wrote:What do you think of the problems of pollution by micro-particles and other Nox emitted by diesels even with particle filter?

Mmm don't start a controversy again ...

jean63 wrote:Why PSA insists on making a hybrid diesel-electr engine. while many countries (USA, Japan ...) do not want it ... unless it changes?

Uh ... isn't the European market largely sufficient?
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 04/03/08, 16:54

jean63 wrote:Is your C2 start & stop an essence?

What do you think of the problems of pollution by micro-particles and other Nox emitted by diesels even with particle filter?

Why PSA insists on making a hybrid diesel-electr engine. while many countries (USA, Japan ...) do not want it ... unless it changes?

The C2 and C3 stop & start only exist in gasoline, specific 1400 16s 90hp engine, very flat torque curve, and robotic gearbox ...

The problem of particles is hardly soluble because of the nature of the fuel in the form of micro-droplets even at very high pressure where gasoline vaporizes and burns almost completely ... the same NoX, unless strongly limit the t ° of combustion therefore the volume powers, but that goes a little against the reduction of particles ...
PSA (no more than Renault for that matter) does not sell either in the USA or in Japan (except Citroën which sells a few handfuls of cars in Japan to fanatics of the brand who love outsized vehicles, including the 2cv ...), and our national manufacturers are not ready to officially return to the USA where they left feathers in the 60s and 70s ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 04/03/08, 17:19

Meanwhile diesel models are selling more and more and this is only the beginning ...... in Europe (especially in France + 20%):

https://www.econologie.com/forums/salon-de-g ... t4941.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/09/11, 21:53

1st journalists tests of the PSA 3008 diesel hybrid ...

Peugeot 3008 HYbrid4: http://www.caradisiac.com/Essai-video-P ... -72346.htm

We will retain the conclusion:

Caradisiac liked

* Excellent versatility of use
* The relevant hybrid diesel solution: increased approval and significantly lower consumption compared to version 2.0 HDi FAP 163 hp
* Reduced consumption (up to around 35%)
* Diesel engine well suited to hybridization, smooth and relatively silent operation
* Very good touch of the brake pedal for a hybrid with energy recovery
* Good approval of the robotic mechanical gearbox (BPM6)
* The qualities of the other versions of the 3008 preserved (compromise road handling / suspension comfort, well-designed seats and good driving position, good passive and active safety, habitability / space requirement, modularity, finish and perceived quality ...) e, except the volume of the recessed trunk
* Defensible price / performance / equipment ratio

Caradisiac didn't like

* The price still quite high despite the bonus of € 2
* Trunk volume correct, but behind (55 liters in 5 places) compared to other versions of the 3008
* The high weight
* Unique equipment level
* No optional Nox filter available, therefore vehicle not really clean and ecological
* Slight slippage of the rear wheels when starting a little too frequent
* The reliability of the hybrid system (especially power electronics) remains to be proven
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 25/09/11, 22:41

: Arrowu: Damn then, it has been over 3 and a half years that Peugeot has been working on the issue ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 25/09/11, 23:28

I remember that at the beginning of the 2000s we were talking about a 306 diesel hybrid "in the boxes".

In 2006 a more successful 307 Hybrid Hdi was prototyped and shown in salons.

We can say that the car has matured well ... 10 years is good : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/10/11, 11:48

I have the same memory : Cheesy:
0 x