Peugeot PSA: hybrid diesel thanks to our taxes ...

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/03/08, 09:15

The press release fell on 27/02: no subsidy, no inexpensive hdi hybrid. : Evil:

PSA simply does pity by this childish behavior ... only solution: let's see elsewhere ...

They also have the nerve to call their vehicle equipped with Start & Stop MicroHybride ... : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Here is the new correspondent:
https://www.econologie.com/voiture-hybride-hdi-de-peugeot-psa-pas-de-subvention-pas-d-hybride-hdi-pour-tous-nouvelle-3716.html Peugeot-PSA Hdi hybrid car: no subsidy, no hdi hybrid for everyone!
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 04/03/08, 09:47

Anyway, a hybrid in HDI is very problematic because a diesel engine works badly in cold and heats slowly (especially HDI) ...
why do you think Toyota and Honda chose petrol over the Prius and Insight at the time?

The solution would rather be on the new generation petrol side currently under study and whose performance approaches that of diesel with very low pollution: the margin for improvement of the petrol engine is very significant, which is no longer the case with diesel. / fuel oil ... but I didn't say anything ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/03/08, 10:09

1) Moué that's the "good excuse" and I can hardly believe it ... the engine of a hyrbide has plenty of time to stay "hot" between 2 phases ... it takes 6 to 8 hours to cool an engine completely ...

In addition, thermodynamically, diesel is more suitable for electric generation due to its almost flat torque curve ...

2) What I had read / heard was that Japan has very few diesel cars (like the USA) because their refining capacity in diesel is limited.

This may be due to the quality of the oil being too light ??? Maybe also because of the European taxation which favors diesel unlike the USA (for example) ...

3) For the new essence, if you talk about Hcci it's grated because the 1st results are very poor from what I read ...
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 04/03/08, 10:32

Christophe wrote:1) Moué that's the "good excuse" and I can hardly believe it ... the engine of a hyrbide has plenty of time to stay "hot" between 2 phases ... it takes 6 to 8 hours to cool an engine completely ...

In addition, thermodynamically, diesel is more suitable for electric generation due to its almost flat torque curve ...

2) What I had read / heard was that Japan has very few diesel cars (like the USA) because their refining capacity in diesel is limited.

This may be due to the quality of the oil being too light ??? Maybe also because of the European taxation which favors diesel unlike the USA (for example) ...

3) For the new essence, if you talk about Hcci it's grated because the 1st results are very poor from what I read ...

An HDI takes ~ 15 minutes for it to reach its optimum temperature ... and the pollution rate "at the exhaust" is significantly higher than on a gasoline during this phase ...
A supercharged petrol engine with a torque curve comparable to a diesel ...
In a certain quantity of petroleum there is a certain quantity of diesel oil to be extracted (by distillation), variable according to the qualities (the light petroleum of Saudi Arabia for example contains less), if one wants to chemically modify the proportions (within certain limits) energy must be spent ...
In Japan / USA diesel is not part of the culture, moreover in Japan there are very strict standards of pollution because of overcrowded cities and the distances covered are short therefore diesel not very interesting on passenger cars. diesel is heavily taxed.
The HCCI on the other hand gives excellent results, but is difficult to master, which is why it is still under development and will only be marketed when the reliability "large series" is acceptable (a prototype is quite easy to making the parameters more reliable and fine-tuning, but the large series is something else ...) ... there is also a file on it in the latest Science et Vie ... (it's not just MB, PSA and Renault are also working on it ...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/03/08, 10:47

Chatham wrote:An HDI takes ~ 15 minutes for it to reach its optimum temperature ... and the pollution rate "at the exhaust" is significantly higher than on a gasoline during this phase ...

The pollution rate in unburnt is also very crappy on a cold petrol. After that it depends on which pollutant is predominant.
In addition 15 min is when the engine is completely cold ... in hybrid mode I bet that less than a minute is enough to raise the T ° of the engine ... otherwise there are always ... electrical resistance of the cooling water (don't laugh the other it's true: on hdi coolants are electrically heated cold) ...

If it is "that" pollution, it is surely not an argument retained by the manufacturer ...

Besides, I recently noticed that even when hot, old (2000 and 2002) petrol vehicles still stank ... as if the catamaran was become completely ineffective... another escrology in the air?

No need to read S&V, there is much more complete info on the Hcci for months on econology: https://www.econologie.com/educauto-hcci ... -2927.html

: Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/03/08, 13:24

It just went to JT FR2 ... VW has just presented its tdi hybrid golf ... so if Volkswagen knows how to do it Pkoi not PSA? Besides, Citroen had presented its C Cactus a while ago ... but not planned for sale: https://www.econologie.com/citroen-c-cac ... -3458.html

Sorry but it is this kind of behavior on the part of the manufacturers which defends the idea of ​​a "big oil conspiracy" ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 04/03/08, 14:08

Yes, I saw the news report on FR2: the gentleman said that diesel emits 20% less CO2 than petrol.

And also that diesel is clean in terms of harmful emissions thanks to the particle filter ...... this is the reason why they develop the diesel-electric hybrid.

When we read what is said and written on the diesels in the other post, I would like to be certain that in cold during the 15st 1 minutes (at least), there is no harmful emission of microphone -particles and others.

But who is right in this story?
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/03/08, 14:45

PSA guy told a huge bullshit if I heard correctly: "The DPF has reduced CO20 by 2% ..."

Whatever!!! It is the HDi engine that has reduced CO20 by 2%, in no case the FAP alone ...

And to think that this guy is a "director" at PSA ...

For your remark on particles: of course not! A cat is ineffective in COLD. This is the problem of (small) urban journeys which represent 30 to 50% of the journeys: the catamaran is useless at all ...

Do you create a subject on this report or do you warn Loxo in MP?
Last edited by Christophe the 04 / 03 / 08, 14: 50, 1 edited once.
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 04/03/08, 14:50

Christophe wrote:

The rate of pollution in unburnt is also very crappy on a cold petrol.
Besides, I recently noticed that even when hot, old (2000 and 2002) petrol vehicles still stank ... as if the catamaran was become completely ineffective... another escrology in the air?

On my C2 s & s the catalytic converter is located directly on the engine (~ 30cm from the exhaust valves): heating time a few seconds, this precisely to treat the unburned, but on a direct injection gasoline, the unburnt rate is good weaker...

The first catalyzed vehicles have a hot catalysis as efficient as the recent ones but not cold because their catata is far from the engine and does not work until after one minute, moreover there was no correction by double lambda ... The life of a cat is more than 200 km, unless the engine is defective (too much unburnt, ignition problems) in which case the cat grate. A colleague has passed his old R000 GTX catalyzed by 25 km at the CT recently and the pollution rate is largely in the standard, original catamaran, but engine still in excellent condition ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/03/08, 14:51

Go chatam admit that you have actions at Citroën : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x