Renault NEXT Prototype: what now?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/09/06, 14:48

Well that's what they say ... I do not know more ... but it also seems a little "light" .... to see the finish and the equipment ...

Exact for engines ... such an engine is worth € 1000 to € 1500 (see less) depending on the quantities they order but hey the engine is not all ...
0 x
binbins4
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by binbins4 » 21/09/06, 21:44

2003 challenge bibendum, it was done with small means.

"Another project of interest, the Mercury Sable (photo opposite) prepared by the students of the University of Davis. This car was originally equipped with a 6 cylinder of 3 liters, the students replaced this mechanical by a very small 500 cm3 engine, coupled to a powerful electric motor. Thus modified, and thanks to ultra-sophisticated management electronics, this large 5-seater sedan now consumes less than 2 liters per 100 km. 'now and already established between the students (and their teachers) and several builders. "

http://www.moteurnature.com/actu/2003/michelin.php
http://www.moteurnature.com an excellent site on alternative fuels
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 22/09/06, 21:59

Christophe wrote:[...] Exact for the engines ... such an engine ca is worth 1000 € to 1500 € (see less) according to the quantities which they order but hey the engine is not all ...
Well, since we're talking about the wolf ...

Auto-innovations link
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Renault NEXT prototype: now what?

by Leo Maximus » 07/11/06, 13:50

Woodcutter wrote:I found this by accident, through an EV site: Video on the INA website.
I saw this report when it was released and it is true that, although I remembered it a little, it had left my mind ...

NEXT prototype sheet

Seeing him again last night, I wondered why Renault had not continued on this path when they were almost as advanced in their research as Toyota which released its first Prius in 1999 ...

I hope all the same that they continued to work on the path of hybridization and did not let this acquired experience "die".

The Toyota Prius is not 1999 but 1997 and it is a marketing, it means that behind that there is a factory with its production lines, it is something other than a prototype presentation. The Prius was presented in 1996 in almost general indifference.
On the principle of the Renault Next, but years before, there was the Audi Duo hybrid, a prototype on an Audi Quattro basis, thermal front-wheel drive and electric rear-wheel drive. At the same time, at the end of the 80s, there was the Golf diesel / electric dual clutch.
It should be noted that the Prius is not the only hybrid car since Toyota / Lexus has several other models in its catalog and that Honda has also been selling hybrid cars for years.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/11/06, 15:58

[stupid humor mode] When we say NEXT doesn't mean: next? [/ stupid humor mode]
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 07/11/06, 21:51

1997 in Europe too? I must have read 1999 by our home qq share ...

Otherwise, I talked about the Prius because it was the first that was marketed.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Surfeurseb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Surfeurseb » 07/11/06, 22:03

The Loremo should be an example for other manufacturers.
But this is surely far from being the case

I think that the engineers at Loremo must maintain this cost of 10000 euros, quite to lose a little glamor.
If not, is it worth ending up with a "Jetcar" type car, sold for more than 35000 euros?
http://www.clean-auto.com/article.php3?id_article=3945
The price must remain at least reasonable, or else ...

Before people are ready to buy downsized cars,
with the bare minimum, we will have to do the opposite of what the manufacturers do today, ie we sell ever larger vehicles.

I read a super interesting subject on the forum from admirabledesign.com, about the Paris Auto Show. They clearly show that manufacturers lock themselves in a reductive image. It is the side "machismo", power and domination of the road (and others) which dominates, illustrated by all these concepts because with debauchery of foals under the hood.
Even the twingo goes there, that is to say!

Can we reverse the trend, is it not too late?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/11/06, 22:38

Surfeurseb wrote:Can we reverse the trend, is it not too late?

I think that manufacturers have long used and always use the most primitive human instincts: need for power, domination ... reversing the trend is therefore perhaps more a question of psychological approach than technological ... Finally I see it like this but it deserves debate!

In any case the Loremo I will take one ... if it comes out one day by keeping its promises (as much technical as financial ... although for the financier we can always make an effort ...)
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 23/11/06, 10:12

Christophe wrote:[stupid humor mode] When we say NEXT doesn't mean: next? [/ stupid humor mode]

I strongly suspect Renault of having stolen the name "Next" from Steve Jobs, co-creator of Apple Computers and the Macintosh. He created Next Computers in the mid-80s and brought the “Next” microcomputer to the market, a machine quite extraordinary for the time and very popular with design offices. Renault is known to be a great innovator in the automotive field but has also copied a lot, for example the Twingo is a copy of a ... Japanese (!) Honda Today. Do a search with google.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/11/06, 10:29

It is true that they are "a little" alike (but not so much more than other models of the time if Ax style if?):

But who is not pumping back now? All good ideas are copied, plagiarized, pumped back without any state of mind on the part of the "copiers" .... The example of adapts with their spad is a good example, isn't it?

This is also the world today ... you have to get used to it ...
0 x