List of the most ecological cars

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Gigie
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

List of the most ecological cars

by Gigie » 27/11/05, 16:38

For consumers, there is now a ranking of the most "eco-efficient" products on the market, in terms of energy consumption and pollution. It's the TOPTEN guide "responsible consumer buying guide". The last published guide concerns cars. : Wink:
For more details see the CLCV consumer association website
http://www.clcv.org/
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/11/05, 17:08

UFC recently did the same thing and in a more correct way I find: https://www.econologie.com/classement-de ... -2084.html

On the other hand I had seen a TV report on the classification which you quote (besides I did not find the results on their site) ... and one cannot really say that it convinced me: 406 in 2nd postition and BMW (318 I think) in 3 or 4th ...
Last edited by Christophe the 10 / 03 / 09, 00: 21, 1 edited once.
0 x
Gigie
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

TopTen

by Gigie » 27/11/05, 18:21

In fact the CLCV site that I mentioned has a link to http://www.wwf.fr/topten/
This is where the TOPTEN "greenest cars" list is.

I also consulted the site that you indicated to me (Palmarès of the citizen car). Apparently the concerns of the 2 rankings are not the same.

The List of Citizen Cars (INC and League against Road Violence) integrates four criteria: protection of occupants of private cars, protection of pedestrians and users of two wheels, protection of occupants of other cars, protection of the environment.

TOPTEN (from CLCV + WWF) presents itself as "the 1st purchase comparator which allows to know the products having the lowest ecological impact". It is very oriented towards the environment and sustainable development. It is for this reason that I found it interesting to talk about it on the forum. TOPTEN also concerns other product categories than cars.
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 27/11/05, 21:11

How sad, LPG is not even or so little considered ... : roll:
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 27/11/05, 21:37

LPG is a false ecological energy.

My personal research, which I had to conduct for the Kyot'Home program, taught me that a liter of LPG emits 10% less greenhouse gases than a liter of conventional gasoline (official report of ADEME).

It might seem very positive, but it is to forget that an LPG vehicle consumes 20% to 30% more than the same motorized vehicle in petrol ...

In the end, LPG is worse than petrol ... sorry to disappoint you Benoit :?
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 27/11/05, 21:48

But no :D

The measurements are expressed in grams per kilometer ... and LPG is better positioned than petrol ...

The reduced emissions already take into account "overconsumption" (which is in fact normal: 1 liter of LPG is less energy-consuming than a liter of petrol).

See http://www.ademe.fr/htdocs/publications ... rs_fil.pdf which is based on Euro3 in addition. In Euro4 the LPG will be even better placed, it has a huge improvement potential still, if only the engine manufacturers wanted to make an effort ...

Now, to choose between the energies widely available everywhere in Europe, I take LPG without hesitation among: Petrol, Diesel, LPG and CNG!

LPG only comes from 40% of petroleum, the rest from natural gas fields (Russia ...).

LPG * is * an intermediate alternative to diesel without DPF and petrol.

LPG consists of 50% / 50% butane propane approximately, these molecules are much simpler than those (many!) Of diesel or petrol, and consequently they burn much more easily. Going in this direction, GNV does even better than LPG (methane = even simpler molecule).

I only regret one thing: I was well c ** to have run on diesel for several years, persuaded by the "collective conviction" that diesel is the most economical ... if I had been better informed , I would have taken the GPL from the start!

Sitelink:
- French Butane-Propane Committee: http://www.cfbp.fr
Last edited by The Passing the 27 / 11 / 05, 21: 56, 4 edited once.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 27/11/05, 21:51

And yes, only 3 LPG vehicles in the top ten, and all at the diamond brand ...

It must be believed that LPG is not at all a solution considered by car manufacturers.

And they don't even have the Skoda Fabia on CLCV while it is in the topten ..
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 27/11/05, 21:59

Diesel is a financial windfall for the big manufacturers who have invested considerable sums of money in it, so they are not ready to give up!

Experience it, go to a car dealership and make the one who wants to buy a new car: we will recommend diesel in 95% of cases ... and some dealerships do not even want to hear about LPG, ggrrrrr : Evil:

Even an opel that has CNG engines refuses to sell them in dealerships (this has been experienced with the Zafira CNG).
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 27/11/05, 23:35

It has been going on for more than 15 years .... and it is not ready to stop :)

The big problem with this fuel is the terrible lack of information (or the abundance of tales told) about it from people.
0 x
Christophe

Re: TOPTEN

by Christophe » 27/11/05, 23:45

TOPTEN (from CLCV + WWF) presents itself as "the 1st purchase comparator which allows to know the products having the lowest ecological impact". It is very oriented towards the environment and sustainable development. It is for this reason that I found it interesting to talk about it on the forum. TOPTEN also concerns other product categories than cars

In this case it is not necessary to distinguish the categories of cars and put a 407 or a BMW 318 in 2 and 3rd position in the "road" category ditto for the 6 seater people carrier .... :?:

No current car respects the environment but the microphones are the worst so pkoi distinguish the categories? WWF only works FOR builders and FOR pollution by establishing such a classification! : roll:

Reasoning of the consumer: "I can take a 407 since WWF said it was clean ..." A bit like the green sticker ... But that WWF works for manufacturers is not really a surprise ... Everything the world knows that Greenpeace was already working like this ...
0 x