board camera review for Insurance

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 22/12/15, 10:41

Ok, thank you for your excellent remarks, to ponder.

Good news, the guy got caught! They therefore have all their "pedigree". As there are new agreements between cross-border insurance company, even if he had not paid his premiums his company must reimburse my damages. So I'm going to have a good holiday ... ^^

Install one, you will see we drive immediately more carefully ... And it is certain that it can be used. (In this case proof of hit and run!)

I will post the video one of these four when I could have blurred the plates.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/12/15, 10:54

In Belgium, it is compulsory to call the police if there is bodily injury. Of course, if the "damaged" leaves ...
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/12/15, 11:11

to be effective this kind of camera must be fully automatic, and plugged into the 12V of the car

there are Android smartphones at 39 euros: it contains everything you need to do it, and it can even do more than a camera: it also does GPS to locate the car in the event of theft: automatically send sms with the contact details GPS

the smartphone has 2 cameras, one front and one behind: it is therefore possible to place it to have 2 different views

remains to make the right android application for it to work well ... all the applications already available that I tried are badly fucked up, questionable from the point of view of confidentiality
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/12/15, 11:27

Another problem: I know places where, even screwed to the dashboard, she would not stay long : Mrgreen:

When, like me, we do a lot of goings, it's not great : Cry:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/12/15, 12:16

this is the advantage of the smartphone over the camera alone!

the smartphone also alarms ... as it has its battery, if someone tears it off the power cut causes the alarm by sending an sms

the camera before film what is in front of the car, the camera on the screen of the film inside the car, and motion detection software can also be used as an anti-theft device

as the camera is permanently fixed we can program to ignore the movements seen by the windows of the car

this anti-theft smartphone camera can communicate by wifi with the smartphone of the owner and the authorized driver to automatically deactivate the alarm when the authorized person is on board ... and activate it automatically when you are no longer there
0 x
Remundo

Re: Notice on board camera for insurance

by Remundo » 23/02/16, 18:09

Panoramic dashcams on VW Golf7 (videos and slideshows to view)

Golf_panoramic_dashcams 064.jpg

All the details on the Sycamoran announcement of 23/02/2016
1 x
XAV31
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Notice on-board camera for Insurance

by XAV31 » 25/02/16, 11:42

I understand the protection reflex: to do justice yourself or the beginning of justice by raz-le-bol.
However, the drift is easy and a digital technological war between individuals is very tempting. Why not a camera in his garden to prove that the neighbor made his dog do his business on our property, why not a camera at the front door to prove that someone is abusing us? etc. Finally, if it works, why not have a camera with us to prove to our loved ones that they made a mistake, etc, etc ...

We end up reproducing what we have always fought against: dictatorship.

In addition it is with unequal "weapons", since once again it is the people who have the most means or technical knowledge who will be "superior".

On the other hand, as has been said above, recording an individual (sometimes even a group contrary to a widespread idea) on a medium (image or even sound), is strictly prohibited in France. It just might backfire. The right to the image is very regulated, even for images not showing a person, it is generally a question of private life ... and this is precisely what we are talking about here.

We must think carefully before believing that our actions are "right". Justice and fairness are notions that require a lot of time and work on oneself, sometimes a lifetime.
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 25/02/16, 13:11

Hi Xav,

Thank you for your reaction.
We end up reproducing what we have always fought against: dictatorship.

Oh we're not there yet, it's just a tool to establish the truth in the event of a road dispute ...
On the other hand, as has been said above, recording an individual (sometimes even a group contrary to a widespread idea) on a medium (image or even sound), is strictly prohibited in France. It just might backfire. The right to the image is very regulated, even for images not showing a person, it is generally a question of private life ... and this is precisely what we are talking about here.

On the road, you are in a public space and you can be filmed as such. Besides, my friend, you are already: CCTV cameras are legion in public space. What is prohibited is to film people in public space with the idea of ​​ridiculing them afterwards on the internet for example, in particular if their identity is communicated, or if they are easily identifiable.
We must think carefully before believing that our actions are "right". Justice and fairness are notions that require a lot of time and work on oneself, sometimes a lifetime.

Oh personally, it's all thought out for my cars. And as I say, we can find culprits of fleeing traffic crimes, but also forked tongues who lie about their real responsibilities, and often heavy (beautiful bastards, pass me the expression).

Video is like a knife, very useful for slicing an apple, forbidden to kill your neighbor.

Edit: moderation error fixed;)
1 x
XAV31
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by XAV31 » 25/02/16, 16:00

Oula, it's a mess, I'm going to install a camera at the modo me :))

I do not understand who replied:
Hi Xav,
... / ...
Thank you for your reaction.
... / ...
Oh we're not there yet ... / ...

No, public space does not allow anyone to do what they want.
Anyway .. I wanted to put it simply and I don't need to dissect the messages to make my point.
I don't think I'm "my friend" to somebody here yet or I didn't get the info, excuse me. But in a way we're supposed to help each other more than criticize each other, aren't we?

Indeed, where I agree: to each his conscience and to each his concept of respect ... but there are signs that do not deceive.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 25/02/16, 17:27

it was I who made the dumpling, My Friend Xav :D

you see that cameras are needed even to monitor mods! I have abused power! [well in spite of myself] : Mrgreen:
0 x