board camera review for Insurance

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/12/15, 11:46

board cameras are not prohibited in France,

of course after rights issues to the image can occur,

but it is logically use these images only to solve problems of road ... not kind to film naked neighbor. :P
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 14/12/15, 11:58

Ben for me would have to be the cam after a small mat on the car and filming has 360 ° ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Did67

by Did67 » 14/12/15, 19:25

Macro wrote:
Because in France it is forbidden to film the public voice or in others when you're an individual or even a business ... A video surveillance box is planted there several years ago at the neighbors of my taff. ..

I confirm. The camera which monitored an annex entrance to the establishment where I worked had been installed and "restrained" in its movements, so that it could not sweep the sidewalk (outside).

There is a requirement to display as what there is video surveillance.

Moreover, it seems to me that the file must be declared and there is automatic shredding procedure after a given period.

This is very regulated.

Even under siege, surveillance cameras are declared and there are procedures to destroy the images ...

For me, it all stems from a prosecution, an individualization, an Americanization of uberisation the sick society ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/12/15, 22:01

The proliferation of surveillance cameras shell evokes the duality / armor: it is effective against small spontaneous offenses (altercation, accident) and the most stupid offenders.
But for more serious cases, it is possible to use easy parades: false plates, stolen vehicle, hood or disguise ...

It's just like the identification by fingerprints which encouraged the use of gloves and one with DNA that can easily be blurred by the dispersion of lures ...

As rightly said DidIt is an escalation of prosecution. It only attacks consequences while it is the mark of a failing that needs to be stopped urgently.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 15/12/15, 18:31

elephant wrote:All these cameras, fixed or embedded, these technologies flicage: dna, gsm tracker, etc. annoy me.
They significantly restrict our area of ​​freedom.
We lived fine without before.

That's what I was thinking too. But "before", we were less confronted with bad faith. There was a time when a simple handshake sealed a contract. Today it is necessary in several copies, all signed and initialed on each page. And that's not why it will be held.

Reducing our space of freedom is the result of the proliferation of liars, cheats, crooks, thugs, terrorists, who act without shame or shame and do not assume when they are caught. And this proliferation is accompanied by reaction, among others, of the proliferation of cameras.
"The eye was in the tomb and looked Cain". But today not many people believe in the eye of God. There remains that of the camera.
But with many restrictions because of course the state reserves in the priority process, it would certainly more than the citizen protect himself, who at home, not even the right to record a telephone conversation unbeknownst to him who calls!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 15/12/15, 18:55

Exnihiloest wrote:
Reducing our space of freedom is the result of the proliferation of liars, cheats, crooks, thugs, terrorists, who act without shame or shame and do not assume when they are caught. And this proliferation is accompanied by reaction, among others, of the proliferation of cameras.

What is the reason for such an upsurge of bandits of all kinds?

: Lol:
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 21/12/15, 23:59

Good evening everyone,

Hardly installed, the on-morrow: the accident ...! (No serious injuries)

1 ACT
- I bought a 32 GB micro-SD card on Saturday for 9 € (to put it in the dash cam.)
- Sunday I installed the card in the on-board camera, and I configured it. I quickly told myself that it was a bit too much "distracting"in my field of vision, especially at the beginning, and that it should especially not be put in a place where it can be viewed while driving. Because it relaxes the attention. So I moved the camera from its original position , to put it a little on the other side of the windshield and avoid any temptation.
- afterwards, a short 20-minute drive. At the end of 300m of night, while the light was like tungsten, all orange colors, the camera, to my surprise, calibrated its white balance on its own to neutral tones.
- And then return home to view video footage.

2 ACT
- Today, so I take my car in the morning, I had some errands to run not close ...
- I tell myself, "Ah well, nice I'll install the dash cam"which had charged all night;
- so I install it, get behind the wheel, barely 2km and I get hit by a motorcyclist, who has committed 6 or 7 offenses:
1) from crossing double white line,
2) to ride backwards in the middle of the track of cars in front,
3) roll off the night with defective headlight;
4) up a car lane and (in my corner while it is prohibited to do so, or to sneak with a motorcycle);
5) finally hit my vehicle by the left flank while it was not possible to see it coming;
6) and refusal to complete an accident report;
7) refusal to wait for the police;
8} hit and run (he goes on his bike);
9) re-crossing the double white line;
10) re-run against the grain in the middle of the track vehicle from the opposite direction (to fall back gimkhana kind) and at breakneck speed.

Well, guys, know that I am a biker at the base - which means that in the car, I ALWAYS let myself be overtaken by the bikes to give them the free field and that makes me regularly "greet" - but cheat death like that harms the good image of good 2-wheelers!

Fortunately I have a witness who observed his plate, and my dash-cam that was caught in the hit and run or it is clear that it rolls against the grain in the middle of the road ...

So I think it will serve, thank you wholeheartedly to Remundo! Without him I would not have taken my responsibilities so quickly and I missed the scoop! And especially an important document for insurance and law enforcement.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/12/15, 00:34

You may even be lucky that you have not hit.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 22/12/15, 08:38

It is almost ... It was not easy when he emerged to flee.

But we were two (the witness) who happily took the time to the plate. And I think we'll find him, because he had a helmet in the same color as his flamboyant scooter (it's a detail that may indicate that the wheels 2 was not stolen). We were in dealings with this guy as he was raised, to say he was perhaps more seriously injured than he thought, that he also had damage, he had committed the damage , he could not leave like that, it was better that he also expects the police to the side of the road. There he was suddenly released and left.

I may be posting video somewhere later. I must find a way to blur the vehicle plates and beeping passages that give private information.

Question insurance (To fall in the yarn)
all kinds of assumptions about the causes of the leak can be:
- Had his headlight off (not having seen it coming when it was dark, it would be a serious reason)?
- Had he drunk or had taken any illegal substances?
- Was he not in order with his papers (driving permit, work permit?) Or was he forbidden to enter the territory?
- was he aware that he had violated traffic rules and did not want to be reproached?
- Was it late to go to work?
- He had not ... paid his insurance premiums?

And for the latter, in my corner if wrongful offender does not pay the premium. The insurance must pay for the damage (a vehicle that can drive without insurance by law.) So I know that in France there are many drivers who drive without a license, and as the number plate is dedicated to vehicle and not the owner, who did not pay can still ride with his plates.
For us this is impossible, the police come get the plates at home, if the holder has not paid his premiums! : Lol:

Finally I note and repeat that the usefulness of the dash cam, after this unexpected situation can not be challenged! :!: :o

Ahmed @If there had been 2 cameras (one more in rear) one could prove what did the two wheels to escape any vigilance (fortunately I have a reliable witness.)
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 22/12/15, 09:00

In France it is not compulsory to complete an accident report (because by definition it is an "amicable" report between two parties). On the other hand, not to stop and not to communicate your identity when you are involved is an offense.
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...