Citroën E-AMI One, an electric car for € 19 per month?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Eric DUPONT
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Citroën E-AMI One, an electric car for 19 € 90 per month?

by Eric DUPONT » 04/03/20, 12:49

Christophe wrote:Yes but symbolically and psychologically it is a heavy blow for the electric car ...

I haven't read the details, what motivated EDF to do this?

Projects are jealous : Lol:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 02/09/20, 18:15

For those interested and who have a little time, an article with the video of a test.

https://www.automobile-propre.com/essai ... ectriques/

The concept is interesting, whether it will be successful is another question.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/06/21, 12:42

The MAI market is clearly unlicensed!

Citroën AMI: one year later, what do the first drivers think?

With 4 orders recorded since its launch in April 000, the Citroën AMI has been an unexpected success. A little over a year after its release, what do those who use it on a daily basis think? We put the question to the owners of the MAI.

This strange electric vehicle appeals to a large audience, far from being limited to non-holders of a driving license, to whom it nevertheless seems to be aimed. In some homes, the vehicle is used every day. Teens and adults even bicker about getting behind the wheel. Become the mascot of the family, the machine is given a small name and some take pleasure in personalizing it through accessories. So what is the Citroën AMI? Why is it arousing such enthusiasm?

(...)

BUT WHO PURCHASES A CITROËN AMI, AND WHY?

We interviewed several buyers to learn more about their choice and how they felt after several months of using their Citroën AMI. Through the testimonies, we realize that the MAI takes on several roles. It is both :

the replacement of the bike or scooter (for teenagers as well as adults),
the first affordable vehicle without a license for certain modest households (in town or in the countryside),
the alternative to the use of a thermal vehicle for short daily trips.

Just like Léonie (39) who tells us: “I have changed jobs, and my new position requires me to move around a lot within the city in which I live. I do not have the license and am used to traveling a lot by bicycle and public transport. But it was getting complicated. "She continues:" So I told myself that I was going to opt for an electric scooter. I didn't want a gasoline engine. But finally, while doing my research, I told myself that for that price, I had 4 wheels and a roof, which is still much nicer in rainy weather or in winter! "

For his part Emmanuel, 47 years old and father of two daughters, explains to us that he bought the AMI to go to work 10 km from his home. He wanted to preserve his thermal vehicle, which is not well suited to these short urban journeys, and which thus regains its place as a weekend pleasure vehicle. He adds, concerning his teenager: “My daughter is 16 years old. Even if she is registered in accompanied driving, pedagogically, I found it very interesting to entrust the vehicle to her. Very badly took me! Since then, we have been fighting every day to find out who will have the car. She has taken a lot of confidence (this is the goal), and subsequently learning to drive accompanied will only be a formality. "

Alexis (43 years old), Kader (40 years old) or Sandra (35 years old) have never passed their driving license. They all tell us that they have gained autonomy and freedom of movement thanks to their FRIEND, both for work and for leisure.

https://www.numerama.com/vroom/712461-c ... teurs.html
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 03/06/21, 17:02

Christophe wrote:The MAI market is clearly unlicensed!

Clearly, yes.
It must be an eyesore for anyone who enjoys driving.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 03/06/21, 22:05

But the quadricycle also experiences many more or less important youth problems (capricious locks, perfectible sealing, wiper that gets stuck ...)

very basic materials, tiny scooter mirrors (which often go wrong), no turn signal reminder, no radio, stiff seats ...

The first sensations are inevitably disappointing with an engine noise present, not very dynamic acceleration, a light non-assisted steering without recall, which must be accompanied at the end of a turn to put the wheels back on line ... : Arrowl: : Shock:

In terms of comfort, Citroën's leitmotif, we are far from the usual softness of the brand. The stiff suspensions control well the movements of body, less the absorption of the irregularities of the bitumen.

No consumption indicator on the on-board screen, but we saw the range melt faster than the calculation of the remaining kilometers displayed, until reaching a very slow degraded mode to preserve the last kilometers.

https://www.largus.fr/actualite-automob ... 85390.html
No safe! Convenient for shopping in town ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/06/21, 22:35

What shit !! : Cheesy:
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 04/06/21, 00:25

Exnihiloest wrote:
Christophe wrote:The MAI market is clearly unlicensed!

It must be an eyesore for anyone who enjoys driving.

You want to embody a kind of difference, from an alternative point of view, against the current ... for the moment the result is (how to say ...) quite modest.

Iconoclastic? No

Disturbing? Bah ... no more than that.

Original? Let's say the line is a bit too ... forced.

Free? Not sure ... You make yourself write over and over again to get noticed.

courage my rabbit! Your stubbornness will (maybe) end up being rewarded and recognized.
1 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 04/06/21, 12:06

Christophe wrote:What shit !! : Cheesy:

At the same time, it is made ...... in Morocco .... : Mrgreen: (I go out)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/06/21, 12:18

And then am I the so-called racist?

Pfffff

Here instead of saying bullshit, come help me here: computer-electronic-electricity / clone-a-hard-drive-system-to-ssd-mx500-crucial-test-review-t16878.html
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 04/06/21, 15:30

Christophe wrote:And then am I the so-called racist?
Pfffff

Old expression today almost disappeared "it is an Arab work" ... It was a wink for you personally ... : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x